• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Pre-Season vs 49ers

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game on Sat. This is gonna be a huge moment for the career of Paxton Lynch. It's not the end of the world for him if he doesn't do well this game, but it is a golden opportunity for him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver sports talk radio is saying that Paxton Lynch fell apart today in practice. Sacks, picks and panic scrambles. The jocks think the competition is 100% over and Siemian will be the starter. There's quite a bit of publicized anxiety that Paxton is getting the start in preseason game #2. Although they may be accurate, the media bias and indignation drives me crazy sometimes. However, much like a pile up on the freeway, I just can't bring myself to stop listening! Crazy Bronco fan, I guess.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question - this is Paxton's ultimate opportunity for the season - and no question that there are many reasons for him to feel pressure.

I caution you - though - Lynch played his best in crucial moments in college. He may be that kind of guy in the pros - I hope so.

I question - whether open QB competition is the way to go in this situation. In theory - neither QB is getting the number one amount of reps if they are splitting the starter reps. I'm with DT - let's get the QB picked after game two of the preseason. Let's get at least one of them normal snaps with the ones - to get ready for the season.
My guess is the coaches know who they think is the winner here.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting game on Saturday with all the injuries. Sounds like a lot of depth players are going to get time on the field. Would love to see the tight end group more involved in this game and hoping to see special teams clean things up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Crick needed medical attention today - some depth guys are going to get reps.

I like what I see in Edebali - he can be a player.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edebali was looking good to me as well. Then I saw him get blown off the line about 3 players in a row. I think he will be fine as a situational guy, not every down, which as long as our DL stays healthy which it has during camp he should be really good in that role.

We have been hit with the injury bug early but thankfully only Winn will miss much time during regular season (which is all of it) but we dodged some of these others guys missing a lot of regular season time. Henderson, Barrett, Wolfe, Ray, Booker and now hopefully Crick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Sloter, its your Birthday! Party like it's your birthday!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha no, the song just got into my head after reading your comment.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would simply like to see the Broncos starters dominate the 49er's starters in both practice and the game. Of course, no more injuries is an overriding wish too.

Need some momentum heading into the dress rehearsal in game three against the Packers. After that, some rookies will fight to make the team and we'll be at the doorstep of the season. #smashthechargers Go Broncos!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the first joint practice is in the books.

Both Paxton and Siemian struggled today. Most are saying Paxton won the day as Siemian threw 2 picks and had a couple of others dropped but neither of them really impressed.

Those watching also were not all that impressed with Jamaal Charles as he struggled to really get anything going. On the opposite side of that Stevan Ridley looked really good.

De'Angelo Henderson continues to look really good and caught the eye of the 49er defensive players.

McGovern could get into the battle for a starting spot on the OL as he continues to impress. Most likely if he gets his chance he would move to RG and Leary back to LG.

I think this stat kind of shows the day between the 2 QB's after Siemian struggled early on. Lynch started out strong but had some times of struggles. So here is the stat...During a red zone drill Trevor Siemian went 5-5 with 1 TD throw. Paxton Lynch went 2-6 but both throws were for TD's. In fact all 6 of his passes traveled into the end zone. He was definitely the aggressor but it is either a big play or nothing.

DeMarcus Walker is getting an MRI on his hip as he has had pain now for a few days. Emmanuel Sanders hurt his shoulder landing awkwardly on it. Joseph thinks he should be fine but they will be cautious with him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh another good note is that Garrett Bolles showed well. First play of the scrimmage he lifted his guy off the ground and slammed him to the turf.

The other guy that many people wanted the Broncos to draft in Foster had a good day for the 49ers. Picked off one of Siemian's first passes of the day.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh another good note is that Garrett Bolles showed well. First play of the scrimmage he lifted his guy off the ground and slammed him to the turf.

The other guy that many people wanted the Broncos to draft in Foster had a good day for the 49ers. Picked off one of Siemian's first passes of the day.
Yeah if Foster stays out of trouble he's going to wreck havoc out there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very pleased with Bolles.

I am starting to really wonder about Jamaal Charles making this team. With Henderson looking well. Ridley isn't doing too bad and Charles again might miss this week of PS.

Can't make the team if you can't get on the field.

I am almost expecting him to be cut if I had to project the roster today. Ask me again in a few days though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very pleased with Bolles.

I am starting to really wonder about Jamaal Charles making this team. With Henderson looking well. Ridley isn't doing too bad and Charles again might miss this week of PS.

Can't make the team if you can't get on the field.

I am almost expecting him to be cut if I had to project the roster today. Ask me again in a few days though.

I think if cut down was today Charles would be on the outside looking in. He is not playing this week. Same with Paradis. Those are the 2 names that will not play for sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Shane Ray, Devontae Booker, Carlos Henderson, Jared Crick don't play "for sure"
too :) (among a few others)

Sounds like Walker may not now too. Barrett.

We are really dinged up on the DL now. Gostis has to step up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Shane Ray, Devontae Booker, Carlos Henderson, Jared Crick don't play "for sure"
too :) (among a few others)

Sounds like Walker may not now too. Barrett.

We are really dinged up on the DL now. Gostis has to step up.

Haha good point. Definitely dinged up as a team but thankfully other than Winn none of them season ending so far.