• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Gamethread: Tennessee Tech

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense has never looked this bad in over 6 years.

Why did we get rid of our best offensive linemen coach we've ever had?

Wut

Our offense last year was worse imo....which oline coach are you referring to? Markuson? Miller? Bostad was the best oline coach we've had, and he left to go to Pitt, then the Bucs

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the most impressive runs this year. White Broke about 4 tackles proving he can run in-between the tackles.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That two minute drill was great. And don't look now, but our offense has 330 yards this half. That's what happen when you have a dominant defense. It gives the offense more chances and it wears out opposing defenses. Even with all the offensive mistakes, this team has to feel pretty good about themselves after thirty.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was worse at this point last year. Still, not good right now. I had my doubts with the Ludwig hiring and he hasn't won me over yet. As happy as I am with Aranda+Andersen defensive duo, I wish we had a great OC like Chryst.

I was informed by fans of the previous teams that Ludwig coached that he was extremely conservative. However in key situations I can see GA making the calls to override it. So far I am impressed with the long ball on first down and for the first time this year Stave managed the game executing short passes down the field while going through progressions and not locking on WR's. This is by far the best defense I've seen in years. The confusion they provide with an all-big LB crew, stout D-line and tight coverage from the two young gun DB's. Southward is an excellent safety and #7 the converted LB has impressed me with his tackling skills but haven't seen enough from his coverage so far. Offense needs to eradicate the costly penalties, fumble exchanges, and Stave can't lock in on WR's. If this is cleaned up I can see the offense being solid despite the conservative coach.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the more aggressive play from the defense so far....actually letting the cbs cover instead of player dumb ass soft zone coverage is awesome.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the more aggressive play from the defense so far....actually letting the cbs cover instead of player dumb ass soft zone coverage is awesome.

I have been saying that for years. The Packers do the same thing on third and long it's prevent and soft zone and gets beat majority of the time. Now we have confusing blitzes and more than capable DB's playing bump and run with speedy enough safeties in the back in case they do get beat. The aggressiveness and confusion by the D-coordinator will be the bread and butter. I was impressed with Borland showing leadership after getting on some players after a 6 yard run.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties are killing this team and we almost never recover after a penalty as it's always a punt. Please stop the dumb holding as well.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clement has some wheels. It takes him some time to reach full speed, but when he does, watch out. He is stunningly good for a true Freshman.

And yes, back to back games with three running backs over 100 yards. I'd be very surprised if that has ever been done before in NCAA history.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over. 48-0. 602 yards to 118. It was just a beatdown in every sense of the word, even moreso than the score indicates. We'll find out if we are for real next weekend, but it looks pretty good right now. The only area where we seem to have real trouble is the kicking game.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over. 48-0. 602 yards to 118. It was just a beatdown in every sense of the word, even moreso than the score indicates. We'll find out if we are for real next weekend, but it looks pretty good right now. The only area where we seem to have real trouble is the kicking game.

We also have botched snaps, dropped passes, horrible holding penalties, and Stave still not leading WR's and locking on them which causes the int's.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to back games with three 100 yard rushers. Impressive. Next week vs ASU should be a good one for sure.