• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Furman at Virginia Tech (3:30est, ESPN3)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backers or whoever is suppose to be filling the holes on the edges have been awful in both games. We're going to lose a lot of games if that isn't cleaned up fast.

Motley got a lot better as the game went along but I still rather see Lawson in there full time. He just has "the look" to me that is missing when Motley is playing. Maybe Motley's biggest problem is confidence and he can use the 2nd half to get over it. We'll find out next week at Purdue. If we start off as bad as we did in the first half, the Boilermakers can easily win that game.

One thing I don't want to see any more of though is bringing in the backup QB just to run the ball. SL did it last week with Motley and he did it this week with Lawson. First off, call a freaking pass play. You might as well just yell to the defense "Hey! We're running the ball". And secondly and more importantly, we can't afford more QB injuries so stop ramming them into the defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forty Six, if you ever can't get it online for some reason, I know our alumni chapters do game watch parties up there that you could probably look up. They're pretty good at talking to the bars and having the games. That's what they did for us here in Tampa.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I think Lawson will be the started by mid season. LB work needs to step up or we will get gashed all year and GT will be a super long game. I have trust in the coaching staff to get the correct guys in, but my faith is starting to dwindle every year we don't do well.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for #44 to learn on the fly. He has been bashing heads in practice and people love his potential. He's going to make T-Fr mistakes but I am almost wiling to bet we have seen Motuapuaka's last start.