• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17, Playoffs, Atlanta Falcons @ Los Angeles Rams, 01/06/18, 5:15 pm, PST, NBC

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay got outcoached as well. His OC must have been drunk tonight.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine is right. This team lost it between the ears. Slacked-off and it cost us.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our kickoff returner out $500k on Atlanta

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys it would come down to game plans.

The Falcons had a good one, the Rams did not.

I will never understand a game lan that has your young QB passing 45 times and you star RB having 14 carries when the stats show the Rams are undefeated when Gurley has 20+ touches.

For a supposed genius like McVay, his game plan and it' execution was horrible. Reminded me of the Minnesota game where the game lan was bad and he got outcoached as well.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few brief things about the game tonight.
One, there was obviously something wrong with Cooper mentally tonight. There were too many times the ball got popped out.
Two, we need to improve our run defense drastically this offseason. Atlanta wore the defense down in the second half, took Donald out of the game, were able to easily get four to five yard runs every play to eat the clock and we couldn't do anything to stop it.
Three, I wish when we knew it was a passing down that we did put more pressure on Ryan. When we did, the guy folded like an accordion.
Sucks for Higbee that both of his catches got nullified. The first one I thought was iffy with the penalty on Woods but understood why the touchdown was overturned.
Well, time for the offseason and hopefully we can make this team even better (one thing we can all agree on I think is cutting Austin). Even though this team lost, I'm still not upset about this season because there was a lot to like about the future of the team. I definitely didn't see us going from 4-12 to an 11-5 team and a division winner. So with free agency and the draft, I can see this team being a powerhouse in the future and hopefully that can start by getting Donald locked up long term as he has earned it this season.
I'm sure there's things I'm leaving out or forgetting but that's all I can think of right now.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That playoff mentality really is something when you have a team that hasn't been there. Atlanta had the better game plan. Cooper's head was not in the game last night, multiple mistakes on special teams cost us. They killed us with time of possession. We only ran the ball 16 times and we don't win games that way.

With all that said, I am still proud of this team. They far exceeded my expectations and it will only be a learning experience.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some reality-check facts that demonstrate we had some good things happen yesterday. Paroh Cooper simply imploded mentally yesterday. He was a complete wash and took to the little turd moves as the game went on. We just didn't put it all together for the win.

Los Angeles Rams - NFL - CBSSports.com

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turnovers were costly and most of the scoring difference in the game. Other than the turnovers, the other factor was Atlanta's secondary stepping up big time and covering man to man very effectively for most of the game. That allowed them to focus on stopping the running game.Many are pointing to Gurley's carries, but he wasn't getting any yards for most the game as the Falcons were stuffing the box. He also dropped a few screens, which didn't help either. End zone drops by Higbee and Watkins kept the score from being closer, but still would've needed a miracle drive for the win.

Disappointing, but the Rams will be back. Still not sure what to do with Watkins at this point; do you pay him big money in FA for not that much production? Can the staff get more out of him without disrupting the flow of the offense?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys it would come down to game plans.

The Falcons had a good one, the Rams did not.

I will never understand a game lan that has your young QB passing 45 times and you star RB having 14 carries when the stats show the Rams are undefeated when Gurley has 20+ touches.

For a supposed genius like McVay, his game plan and it' execution was horrible. Reminded me of the Minnesota game where the game lan was bad and he got outcoached as well.

I think it was the plan. But 2 fumbles by our KO returned put pressure on Goff and McVay.. They responded by throwing too much and not being patient.

Yes I would like him to go deep more and run more. But Goff is pulling the trigger. Goff has to find a rthymn with Watkins and get that playmaker the ball. He's basically Gurley with the ball in his hands, but 10 lbs lighter.

Inexperience + turnovers will do you in every time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The turnovers were costly and most of the scoring difference in the game. Other than the turnovers, the other factor was Atlanta's secondary stepping up big time and covering man to man very effectively for most of the game. That allowed them to focus on stopping the running game.Many are pointing to Gurley's carries, but he wasn't getting any yards for most the game as the Falcons were stuffing the box. He also dropped a few screens, which didn't help either. End zone drops by Higbee and Watkins kept the score from being closer, but still would've needed a miracle drive for the win.

Disappointing, but the Rams will be back. Still not sure what to do with Watkins at this point; do you pay him big money in FA for not that much production? Can the staff get more out of him without disrupting the flow of the offense?

Maybe I'm wishful thinking, but I think Sammy Watkins will take Tavon money. So $10 million/yr + some guaranteed? Not sure how he can ask for a boatload because he didn't tear it up. Tavon leaves and Sammy gets his money.

Tru is probably gone or Donald is gone. Whichever one goes, that's probably where we draft in the 1st round DT/CB, unless Whitworth isn't coming back. Then you have to find a LT again.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm wishful thinking, but I think Sammy Watkins will take Tavon money. So $10 million/yr + some guaranteed? Not sure how he can ask for a boatload because he didn't tear it up. Tavon leaves and Sammy gets his money.

Tru is probably gone or Donald is gone. Whichever one goes, that's probably where we draft in the 1st round DT/CB, unless Whitworth isn't coming back. Then you have to find a LT again.
Sammy is telling anyone that will listen that he wants to stay in LA. He says he loves playing with Goff. He did lead the team in TD catches. The longer he has on the field with Goff the better he will get. I also think he did a great job of downfield blocking. The Rams will tag him I predict. Woods and Kupp are a lock to stay as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy is telling anyone that will listen that he wants to stay in LA. He says he loves playing with Goff. He did lead the team in TD catches. The longer he has on the field with Goff the better he will get. I also think he did a great job of downfield blocking. The Rams will tag him I predict. Woods and Kupp are a lock to stay as well.

Tagging him puts you in the $15M range I think (although I'm not sure how the transition tag is evaluated). That seems like way too much for 39-593-8 on 70 targets in 15 games. Woods and Kupp are under contract for several more years (although the Rams could get out from under Woods' contract if they wanted, and they clearly do NOT).

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging him puts you in the $15M range I think (although I'm not sure how the transition tag is evaluated). That seems like way too much for 39-593-8 on 70 targets in 15 games. Woods and Kupp are under contract for several more years (although the Rams could get out from under Woods' contract if they wanted, and they clearly do NOT).
15 M is way too much, I agree with that. But they need to cut Tavon loose. He is not productive at all. That will free some bucks up. I think Sammy is going to be real good next season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 M is way too much, I agree with that. But they need to cut Tavon loose. He is not productive at all. That will free some bucks up. I think Sammy is going to be real good next season.

Tavon has to be gone. 2 snaps in a playoff game? That's basically a healthy scratch for your highest paid WR.

Hopefully some other guys will renegotiate (Quinn, Barron, Brockers, maybe Tree restructures his bonus?) to open up more cap room to re-sign the free agents. Quinn otherwise could be a casualty. His fit in the 3-4 is a bit questionable, and of his $12.4m cap hit, only 955K is guaranteed. Quinn, Barron, and Woods are actually cheaper to cut loose than Tavon (but all have infinitely more value to the team). A speedy WR for jet sweeps could easily be found on day 3 of the draft to replace what Tavon brought this year.