• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17...Browns 2.0

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are, week 17. It always goes so fast, but I think we're all just wanting to see the players get through the final week in good health.

At 12-3, the Steelers have locked up the #2 seed with probably their most dominating performance of the season in HOU last week. Granted, they were playing a QB3 and a different front 7 w/o JJ Watt, but too often PIT plays these games tight...nice to see them take control of a game from Q1.

To close the regular season the Steelers host the 0-15 Browns in the season rematch. Almost nothing has gone well for CLE, and one could argue they are playing worse now than they were in the week 1 game. I've seen parts of about 4 or 5 CLE games, and highlights every week. Kizer simply has not seen enough DEF in live action. With a good pocket, the kid can step into a throw and put it in a tight window...but on the move or throwing with bad footwork, he's a INT waiting to happen.

I'm going to forego some of the normal pregame chatter this week.

The 1 seed is still in play with a win, so I think you play the starters until you don't need to play them. The next game is the DIV round so 13 days out at least if they play on a SAT. If the OFC comes out early and put up TDs, I think CLE will wither away quietly. That's what I'm expecting, Haley to keep the pedal on the metal, PIT gets a 2 possession lead late and maybe Tomlin will pull some guys and the final score ends up closer.

I like PIT 28-17

What say you?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers 34
Browns 13

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much time Landry Jones gets.

The whole game:

Browns 21
Steelers 17

Half:

Steelers: 24
Browns: 21

None:

Steelers: 35
Browns: 10

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE: I hope Bell only gets about 10 touches the whole game. They will need him in a few weeks because if they have to go into the playoffs with Ridley/Toussaint in the backfield you can stick a fork in them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about these games. They're a major injury just waiting to happen. Cleveland has nothing to play for except maybe pride and there's nothing more dangerous. Hopefully the Steelers aren't looking ahesd two weeks and potential meeting with the Jags. The Patriots are in the same position against the Jets this week. A little more rivalry but I worry about a serious injury, especially to Brady.

See you in January.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about these games. They're a major injury just waiting to happen. Cleveland has nothing to play for except maybe pride and there's nothing more dangerous. Hopefully the Steelers aren't looking ahesd two weeks and potential meeting with the Jags. The Patriots are in the same position against the Jets this week. A little more rivalry but I worry about a serious injury, especially to Brady.

See you in January.......

All these games are dangerous at the end...But...with no game to play for 13 or 14 days, I would play my starters at least a half...hopefully no major injury like you said.

The WC round is going to be interesting. The KC vs BAL especially should that materialize, but I think the home team will be moving on in both games.

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Totally forgot the browns still haven't won a game. What a putrid franchise with absolutely zero direction.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay guys, so, lately, I've been having a problem with what the Steelers have been doing both on and off the field. It all started with that NE game and the horrid play calling that occurred after the overturned TD. I didn't like the call to not spike the ball, I don't like the way James Harrison was used this year, I don't like the way the players were talking shit about him after he was released and now I don't like that the Steelers are even considering resting Ben and Le'Veon with HFA in the playoffs on the line against a winless Browns team. Play them until the game is comfortably in our hands and then give the ball to Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs. If we have to go to New England again for the AFC title game, we won't win. Having HFA will do wonders for us if we can make it to the AFC title game.

With all that said, Steelers win but the margin of victory depends on how much of the game Landry Jones plays. I hope they give Dobbs some playing time also.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay guys, so, lately, I've been having a problem with what the Steelers have been doing both on and off the field. It all started with that NE game and the horrid play calling that occurred after the overturned TD. I didn't like the call to not spike the ball, I don't like the way James Harrison was used this year, I don't like the way the players were talking shit about him after he was released and now I don't like that the Steelers are even considering resting Ben and Le'Veon with HFA in the playoffs on the line against a winless Browns team. Play them until the game is comfortably in our hands and then give the ball to Landry Jones/Josh Dobbs. If we have to go to New England again for the AFC title game, we won't win. Having HFA will do wonders for us if we can make it to the AFC title game.

With all that said, Steelers win but the margin of victory depends on how much of the game Landry Jones plays. I hope they give Dobbs some playing time also.
Why risk your superstars in a meaningless game??? The Jests have no chance against NE, so the Browns game means nothing! If Ben or Bell go down they have no shot at the SB. I have no problem with resting Ben & Bell.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why risk your superstars in a meaningless game??? The Jests have no chance against NE, so the Browns game means nothing! If Ben or Bell go down they have no shot at the SB. I have no problem with resting Ben & Bell.

Miami also had "no chance" against 'em, and won.

Besides, how would it look if our boys handed the Browns their only win of the season?

One more thing...if I paid good money for a ticket, and they rested the key starters, I'd want my money back.

Bottom line...play to win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm on the other side of this, but you make a good point.

Assuming the 1 seed is off the table. If the starters don't play at all in this game, they will have been off for 19 days since their last game if they play on the 13th.

Now, I understand you said Ben and Bell, not all the starters. I would still give them a half in this game. Ben has not always come back great after a layoff for an injury, etc....3 weeks is a long time to practice.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides, how would it look if our boys handed the Browns their only win of the season?

One more thing...if I paid good money for a ticket, and they rested the key starters, I'd want my money back.

Good point...another thought...BB is an old hand at managing his team through a bye week in the playoffs...the healthy starters normally play week 17. Food for thought.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll see the inactive list soon enough, but reportedly, Ben is not playing, which means there will probably be more starters not playing.

Oh well...Go Steelers!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NE has lost 5 of their last 6 games in Miami. So they had a great chance.

I agree that we shouldn’t give the Browns their only win of the season and if I paid for a ticket I’d want to see starters too but I’d understand in this case.

I agree with ATLsteeler that resting Ben a whole game makes him rusty in the next game.

I’m really on the fence with this. Both sides have good points & resting or playing them both come with risks. I think it comes down to which risks the coaches & FO think are more manageable. They get paid well to make these kind of decisions & if they make the wrong one can lose their jobs. Of course, the wrong one is someone gets hurt or they lose in the first round of the playoffs. No matter what they decide Monday morning QBs will second guess them.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ju-Ju! damn, the more I watch that kid, the more I love about him.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then Landry fucks it up :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day we got the best of both worlds I guess, well, not the absolute best because NE did win.

Ben and Bell were not at risk, and they close out the season with a W.

I didn't see much of this one, they switched us to this game with a few minutes left. I listened to the 2nd half play by play and the DEF was a mixed bag, but they made some plays when they had to...same with the OFC...Juju on ST was the difference in the game.

No guarantee they get 6 if Coleman catches that, but tough to see a season end with zero wins...he really seemed to care...good sign for the future maybe.

A few week 17 surprises changed the playoff landscape a little bit. Ravens were in a win and they're in situation...CIN shocks BAL with a last minute bomb. That had to be a shot right in the gut when you weren't expecting it to the home fans.

Coupled with BUF winning, the Ravens stay home...didn't see that coming. A lot of people on the big board felt like TN was going to lost the 6th slot to LAC...they end up beating JAX who really didn't have anything to play for, but Bortles played the whole game.