• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 against the Pokes

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do we play the starters here or keep out the main guys? I say play Foles and the starters on O for a half, but sit out many of your main guys on D. Losing this game doesn't affect us, but it would give Dallas a lesser draft spot ... so just lose baby! :)

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing as how the defense is going to be heavily relied upon now that its Foles and not Wentz, I would suggest the main guys not play at all, especially Darby and Cox

as far offense, I think any additional game action Foles can get at this point can only be a plus going into the playoffs, so I say play him for atleast the first half

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox, Graham and Jenkins I wouldn't even dress ...

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to give them all some time since we have a bye. you don't want 3 weeks between action for a player. i think the first half for most of them is good. maybe 3 quarters for foles if he still needs some work. hopefully it's just a half, because i'd like to see how sudfeld does.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a really good question that could resonate on what happens in the playoffs.

I think offense is easy...at least one half of Foles and the starters. They did not look good the other night and could use the work, as long as Dallas is coming to bring their starters most of the game. I think the offense getting reps against backups doesn't help prep for playoffs too much to outweigh the injury risk.

Defense is different. I've always felt that offense is more dependent on having their confidence and rhythm down. Too many weeks off is not smart there. Not so much with the defense. I think the super critical guys can be ready to go with a few weeks off. Getting more reps for the backups could be very helpful for depth come playoff time. Sit the big names and run with the backups.

Fuck Dallas....that is all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson made a good point this week, which was that even when you decide to "rest the starters" you can only rest some because of the NFL roster limit and the fact you have to dress 46. So really, a number of starters will have to play regardless because the team doesn't have enough players to sit them all. Guys like Foles will assuredly get at least a quarter to a half of work, but I think we will see plenty of Nate Sudfeld in this one.

tbone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well its been a long time. I dont think playing that foles a half matters really. Then hes off for 2 weeks anyhow. So just rest everyone you can. We are already down Wentz so the best thing we can do now is roll into the playoffs healthy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk of the Eagles possibly activating CB Sidney Jones for this week and the playoffs. Jalen Mills has been getting picked on all year. Here's his #'s below ... I don't think he's "horrible", but it's hard to argue against these stats.
26114093_1757432407608624_8068541885031545690_n.jpg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't they rank the routes? We were smoking fools and playing off coverage most of the year so of course he'll be towards the top in all those stats. The TDs are too many, but how many guys were tied at 7 and who are they? Being out there is half the battle.

Not a fan of charts that don't provide the context.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should rest everybody.

Team needs to refresh, refocus and remember that they are the best team in the league.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that stats don't tell the whole story, but they do tell a good part of it and there's no way into making those stats look positive for Mills. My opinion on him has been the same for a while ... a good backup DB, but over his head as a team's primary Corner. With Jones/Darby likely locked in as the starters next season, Mills will be more comfortable and effective playing #3 snaps.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mills has regressed over the last quarter of the season. He looked OK for a bit there. But no doubt he will be the guy to be replaced in the starting lineup, if not by Jones, by Rasul Douglas who really should get a shot.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get a good draft pick offered for mills, he'll be gone. I lie that he competes, but he doesn't have star potential. Next year should look like this:
Starters:
Darby
Jones
Robinson

Douglas and Mills as backups. Douglas may move to FS to compete with McLeod.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is old so I actually think they should keep Mills, who is dirt cheap, and maintain depth at this critical position.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson is old so I actually think they should keep Mills, who is dirt cheap, and maintain depth at this critical position.

Agree with this. Robinson will be a 31 free agent to start next season and has had a really good year ... which means he will look to make the most out of his likely last contract. I'm fine with Mills working as the slot Corner.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles must play. He was not sharp mentally against the Raiders. He is afraid that he will throw an interception
so he is always looking for the sure thing. That is why he is slow in getting rid of the ball. Since there is nothing
at stake in the Dallas game he should throw some long balls and also thread the needle on closely guarded
receivers. This is the game to hit all your receivers, not just a few. Foles must sharpen up or the Eagles
will not get to the Super Bowl.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has to be much quicker on making decisions ... he does not have the luxury/ability to wait in the pocket as he has zero elusiveness. The year where he was successful here he was letting receivers make plays for him, but that confident and loose player isn't the same player we see today. After that successful season, he started to hesitate and overthink, thus falling into bad habits which I saw again last week. He starts to fade backwards to the right and ends up throwing it away ... instead of stepping "up" in the pocket or sidestepping to buy that extra second (like good stationary QB's like Brees/Brady do). We honestly need to thank our lucky stars that we will have Carson Wentz moving forward.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has to be much quicker on making decisions ... he does not have the luxury/ability to wait in the pocket as he has zero elusiveness. The year where he was successful here he was letting receivers make plays for him, but that confident and loose player isn't the same player we see today. After that successful season, he started to hesitate and overthink, thus falling into bad habits which I saw again last week. He starts to fade backwards to the right and ends up throwing it away ... instead of stepping "up" in the pocket or sidestepping to buy that extra second (like good stationary QB's like Brees/Brady do). We honestly need to thank our lucky stars that we will have Carson Wentz moving forward.
I agree. He is gun shy. But the Dallas game is the time to let the receivers go to work for him. He needs to step into his throws and avoid being to low or high. Just give the receivers a chance to put their hands on the bal.