• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15...vs Patriots

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and so did a replay official in an office in New York. Anyone has a right to be pissed about that sucky call. You’re not, great. But don’t tell the rest of us that we have no right to be pissed about that overturn. If you’re gonna play hypotheticals then that last INT never happens if the TD stands. I never said Mitchell’s play wasn’t bad but it probably wouldn’t have cost us the game if that last TD stood.

Then be Pissed about the officials, whatever. The fact of the matter is the team failed. Gronk lined up as a WR, and we allow him to beat us. We stop him right then and there and the game is over. Then some dumb ass catch/no catch does not factor into Shit out the Dumbass interception.

But bitching about the officiating makes us no better than any other lame ass team. We didn't execute, we didn't get the job done, we put ourselves in a situation for the refs to screw up.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then be Pissed about the officials, whatever. The fact of the matter is the team failed. Gronk lined up as a WR, and we allow him to beat us. We stop him right then and there and the game is over. Then some dumb ass catch/no catch does not factor into Shit out the Dumbass interception.

But bitching about the officiating makes us no better than any other lame ass team. We didn't execute, we didn't get the job done, we put ourselves in a situation for the refs to screw up.
Doesn’t make it right either. I didn’t read or see bitching about the officiating, just that one terrible call. Yeah the D should’ve stppoed NE and didn’t BUT the O was in position to win and you’re saying it’s our fault the refs screwed up. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Both cost us the game. To say it was just the D is ignoring the elefant in the room.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t make it right either. I didn’t read or see bitching about the officiating, just that one terrible call. Yeah the D should’ve stppoed NE and didn’t BUT the O was in position to win and you’re saying it’s our fault the refs screwed up. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Both cost us the game. To say it was just the D is ignoring the elefant in the room.

There is no elephant in the room if the Steelers put two guys on Gronk.
If when Brady got hit the ball would of been picked, that play would of never taken place.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting 2 on the Polack wouldn't guarantee that he wouldn't burn us. AB has made big catches when double covered.

We all knew that NE, and especially the Polack, would make some big plays on our shitty secondary. It was up to our Offense to finish the job...and they did, until the refs fucked us.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first seed isnt clinched yet southy .. it could be at heinz field again bro

Agreed. The Pats have a slightly more difficult remaining schedule. One of those games is against Buffalo who is still in the playoff picture and will also be looking for revenge for Gronk's WWE style flying elbow.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting 2 on the Polack wouldn't guarantee that he wouldn't burn us. AB has made big catches when double covered.

We all knew that NE, and especially the Polack, would make some big plays on our shitty secondary. It was up to our Offense to finish the job...and they did, until the refs fucked us.

So putting two guys on him he'd of still gotten 168 yards???
And when he lined up as a receiver and burned us for the big one????
Come on really???? Put two guys on Gronk that one play, Brady had no one to throw to. Then that bullshit in the end zone never happens. They walked down the field in 90 seconds and scored on us.....I guess that was the refs fault too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Steelers got jobbed on the no catch...but the NFL says they got the call right so you move on. Surely this multi-billion dollar entity can finally determine what is a catch.

At the end of the day...it's now 5 consecutive to losses NE and the next opportunity will likely be in NE even if they they can handle their biz against HOU and CLE.

OFC...3 of 5. Overall I thought Haley had a solid game plan. Obviously losing AB was a factor, but aside from AVill the OL played well...run game was solid. There were some penalties, but the big negatives were really right at the end...JJ was wide open, he has to catch that ball cleanly and remove all doubt. Once it was determined that it wasn't a catch, they were totally unprepared it seems...they ran a fake spike...it wasn't there so instead of throwing it away and live for one more shot, Ben tried to force it as if it was 4th down. That was piss poor imo.

DEF...3 of 5. I agree with Psych...they played a decent game but they let the one player NE has that can beat you do just that. Admittedly Davis got abused, but several times he or Burns were in great coverage position and either Brady threw a perfect pass or the big body Gronk was able to wall off the defender and make the catch....I don't understand why they were allowing him free releases off the LOS and not using either Mitchell or Spence to double him late...nearly every catch late there was one defender on him.

ST...4 of 5...they did their job.

Outlook...sucks to lose to NE AGAIN, but the loss changes a few things...at this point the Steelers are in the 2 seed spot. It's not a lock they will stay there unless they win out. JAX is one game back of PIT at 10-4...if they end up tied with them, PIT will fall to the 3 seed and play WC weekend. So...the HOU game is big as well as CLE...nothing confirmed it's starting to look like AB will miss some extended time with a calf injury.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of losing to the fucking Patriots. Does anyone here think we should've gone for the tie and headed into OT?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, come on as shitty as that call was is not what cost us the game.
Don't be like the rest of these jagoffs and blame it on the refs.

What cost us the game was whoever thought it was a good idea for 6'1", 202 lbs of Sean Davis covering 6'6" 265 lbs of Gronk. Who burned us for 9 catches and 168 yards. That dumb Fuckin idea is what beat us.
Mitchell thinking he's the new center fielder for the Pirates instead of getting his ass up to help out Davis, when at least 4 times in the last drive you knew, the whole world knew, the ball was going to Gronkowski. And where was Mitchell??? Standing in center field with his thumb up his ass. Stop one drive, just one, game over.
Heh. Well, the fact that we actually DID win the game and had it taken away on a bad call/(bad rule?) isn't without blame is it? I understand that we could have won the game doing things differently and not letting it all rest on a single call at the end of the game but... we won, if the NFL would stop making things harder than they need to be by muddying the easy calls.

And I'm not so sure that doubling Gronk at the end wins us the game. That body has to come from somewhere. We don't have unlimited resources on defense. Moving someone over there might have had the same affect. brady is kind of good. So is Gronk.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This result belongs more on the shoulders of Tomlin and Haley. However, the stupid catch rule and the officiating didn't help. In terms of penalties, the Steelers were penalized 6 times for 63 yards while the Pats were penalized 2 times for 4 yards.

My thing is this, as loud as it was in Heinz Field yesterday, the Pats don't get called for ONE false start, NOT ONE?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of losing to the fucking Patriots. Does anyone here think we should've gone for the tie and headed into OT?

not me. would've been pretty much a guaranteed loss. either pats get the ball first, march down the field by constantly throwing seam routes to single-covered gronk which our coaches refuse to adjust to, or they force a punt, drive the field and kick a walk-off field goal.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do, but perhaps you are talking to Steelers faithfull?

There is the old mantra of: "you play for the win on the road and tie at home"

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This result belongs more on the shoulders of Tomlin and Haley. However, the stupid catch rule and the officiating didn't help. In terms of penalties, the Steelers were penalized 6 times for 63 yards while the Pats were penalized 2 times for 4 yards.

My thing is this, as loud as it was in Heinz Field yesterday, the Pats don't get called for ONE false start, NOT ONE?
Corrente has a hard on against home teams. He penalizes them more than anyone.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers were robbed. That was disgusting. Instant replay sucks. You wait 15 minutes for them to get it horribly wrong.

I have no stake in this. I’m just saying how incredibly stupid that call was.

I really wish they’d drop instant replay. Call it on the field. Play on. It’s boring and it’s a failure.

Steelers clearly won the game. Complete crap.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's passive coaching and playing and it could've backfired with NE winning anyway. Tomlin and Co have always been aggressive going for 2 points and on 4th downs. Why get passive now. The problem was Ben didn't just throw it away when the WR wasn't open.

Did anyone else hear that the coach's voice Ben heard telling him to run the fake spike was BB's??? NO, just me??????

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought on one of the off sides calls against the D that NE's OL moved first but the refs didn't see it that way.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed...Tomlin bags another loss to NE, and he shares in the shouldering of this one, but I put it more on Haley as the OC. There had to be a more clear direction of plan B if the TD was waived off...they looked as if they were scrambling the minute the ref gave the no catch decision.

Penalties...AVill had a rough game, but one of his holding calls was very weak. But when one team gets called for next to nothing and they're playing the same game, that's difficult to wrap your head around.