• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14, Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks, 12/17/17, 1:30 pm, PST, FOX

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS, I have stated before on several threads, I see us having a great chance of winning this game and returning the favor to the hags for their win in LA. If we can just get the ref bias under control, we might even improve our chances.

McVay utterly hates losing and again, I see him preparing this team to get wiser but play with a chip. We are pretty much assured a playoff spot if we win and combination of our remaining games. It is just a matter if we want a first round bye or have to play a playoff game right away.

The good news is we get Barwin, Woods, Tru, and Havenstein back for the game and we are catching Seattle at the right time. These young Rams are learning to be better at playing this pro game especially with the ref bias we continually experience. I absolutely disdain Pete Carroll and I hope we come into Seattle and hand him a loss.

Rams getting some guys healthy in time for Seahawks

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webster is lost for the season and Trumaine isn't on the concussion protocol this week-end. Perhaps ringing his bell will teach him to shut his mouth and let his play do the talking as many former greats have stated many times for these present young Rams.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is now the biggest game of the year because they lost the previous two biggest games of the year ( Min and Phi ). Had they won either of those games, this game isn't a big one.

If they win, they are almost assured a playoff spot.

If they lose, they may drop to 7th and be one the outside looking in, and a promising season could turn into a disaster.

Hope they bring their A+ game and the defense actually shows up because they have been bad at critical points in the big games.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams were missing their number 1 receiver last weekend and it hurt us on more than one drive.
Hopefully Woods will be at 100% and can give Goff another target against the beat up Seahawks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can just get Woods, Watkins, Kupp, Thomas, Higbee, Everett, and Gurley out of the backfield all involved and often, the seahags won't have enough ammo to cover everyone.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that this week isn't going to be a week that Gurley gets 100 yards rushing. This is going to be a game where both teams go to the air early and often I believe. I'm sure they'll test their running game against us but ultimately think they'll attack through the air more since we are thin in the secondary at the moment. Gurley will probably be used out of the backfield for some short routes. With Woods coming back, that's just one extra threat that the depleted Seahawks secondary has to worry about. Would love to see some of the other guys not named Woods, Watkins and Kupp step up a bit more this game. This is a game we absolutely need to win to have a great chance at seeing the playoffs for the first time in over a decade.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trumaine isn't on the concussion protocol this week-end. Perhaps ringing his bell will teach him to shut his mouth
That was a costly penalty, but I did have a problem with the way the penalty was enforced.

The refs should know that this was an emotional Game of the Week, if not Game of the Year for both teams. It was a critical 3rd down that was not converted, and their star, Alson Jeffery (still jawing at Tru as well), jumps up and pushes his face mask into Tru's, and then they call a 1st down by penalty on the Rams for Tru running his mouth?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23162-1418311550-12.gif

I would think shoving your face mask into another players face mask AFTER the play is over should be weighed a bit harsher than any amount of smack talk.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell regardless of who plays for Seattle, we need to run some Gurley

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate this game is in Seattle, hope they worked on communication with the Crowded noise plugged in high

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important thing to do is to assign a spy on Russell Wilson on every defensive play that we don't blitz on.

1) Assign Ogletree and Barron to alternate the spy assignments.

2) Blitz from the sides to gain speed on tracking down Wilson. Don't waste a blitzer up the middle where he can easily outmaneuver and escape.

On offense, Goff needs to be ready to run for yardage when a passing play breaks down. This will help extend drives.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it all cub except for the scrambling part.

Stay in your lane!

We all saw what happens to scrambling QB's last week with Philly! That Goff is a pure pocket passer, is why he was drafted higher than Wentz IMHO, and that ACL could creep up on Wentz again to bite him in the lifetime of his career because you know how those things go, if not think RGIII.

I mean, if it's there, take what they give you but slide early even if it means we have to punt, avoid contact as much as possible when on the run and remember that stretch for the goal vs the Seahags last year. That didn't work out so well, did it?

Basically, live to play another down!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out this game isn't on tv at the house today. Wth

Who wants to watch the patriots and steelers? Bastards are on tv every week

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to a sports bar and grill now that has NFL ticket. I'll be watching the game there.