• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Slate:
MIN@ATL
DET@BAL
NE@BUF
SF@CHI
TB@GB
IND@JAX
DEN@MIA
KC@NYJ
HOU@TEN

2nd Slate:
CLE@LAC
CAR@NO
LA@ARI
NYG@OAK

SNF:
PHI@SEA

MNF:
PIT@CIN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got about 1600 thrown down on the v-bookie for today's games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why they put Geno Smith under center instead of Manning or Webb? To speed this up?
Meh. I was kind of interested if Geno made some level of improvement before he went full Geno and got himself smacked in the jaw. It wouldn't shock me if someone was checking to see if he was really worth his time as a backup for a game. It just begs the question what is the upside there? Backup? Low-end starter? You have Webb back there. I definitely don't think he'll be much, but you spent a 3rd and have to see what he's about at this point in a lost season.

Edit: It does not say nice things about Webb that he's not starting over Geno in what is obviously a lost season.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Rooting for a 2-0 victory over the Jets now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I was kind of interested if Geno made some level of improvement before he went full Geno and got himself smacked in the jaw. It wouldn't shock me if someone was checking to see if he was really worth his time as a backup for a game. It just begs the question what is the upside there? Backup? Low-end starter? You have Webb back there. I definitely don't think he'll be much, but you spent a 3rd and have to see what he's about at this point in a lost season.
I believe we've seen all we need to know about Geno. He's a servicable backup at best, but needs one helluva supporting cast to be that type of guy. And that is something the Giants simply do not have at this time. Makes you wonder if they are just trying to tank the season now instead of getting miracle wins like they did in week 11.

Even if Webb isn't the future, they still invested in the kid and being relatively unknown at this point he has much higher upside than Geno Smith. Just my opinion though, and I don't know much about Webb other than college highlights.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems rather silly and unhelpful, tbh. Playcalling doesn't make your QB not see wide open receivers downfield.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid's way of proving his innocence?
I think people who actually watch the whole game kind of already know it's not him outside of some iffy situations where he'll pass versus handing it off to Hunt; which has always been a non-issue for me as a guy who wants to pass the ball.

I don't expect much to be different really with Nagy. Just better than Pederson was I guess.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people who actually watch the whole game kind of already know it's not him outside of some iffy situations where he'll pass versus handing it off to Hunt; which has always been a non-issue for me as a guy who wants to pass the ball.

I don't expect much to be different really with Nagy. Just better than Pederson was I guess.
Agreed. Reid's a great coach. Nobody can argue that. But the pressure of a team freefalling after a 5-0 start is pushing for change. And if he isn't going to change QBs, then this was about all he could do.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Reid's a great coach. Nobody can argue that. But the pressure of a team freefalling after a 5-0 start is pushing for change. And if he isn't going to change QBs, then this was about all he could do.
We changed that 3rd TE though~~

Gimme muh sexy 3 TE sets.

If Alex is totally lost again today, Idk, reading tealeaves it's no longer impossible for Mahomes to get out there. These are not superior teams the Chiefs have lost to in recent weeks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We changed that 3rd TE though~~

Gimme muh sexy 3 TE sets.

If Alex is totally lost again today, Idk, reading tealeaves it's no longer impossible for Mahomes to get out there. These are not superior teams the Chiefs have lost to in recent weeks.
Well Smith does better with the dink & dunk style offenses, doesn't he? Maybe the 3 TE sets is the way to go! lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smith does better with the dink & dunk style offenses, doesn't he? Maybe the 3 TE sets is the way to go! lol
It was more for blocking methinks (Ross Travis is just a shitty WR pretending to be a TE) so we're going with an H-Back type instead as the TE3. Might be signaling a more run-friendly approach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more for blocking methinks (Ross Travis is just a shitty WR pretending to be a TE) so we're going with an H-Back type instead as the TE3. Might be signaling a more run-friendly approach.
Fair enough! Should be interesting to see what happens with the Chefs these next couple weeks. Even if they rebound I don't think the media will ever back off the Mahommes discussion, save for if they win the Super Bowl.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough! Should be interesting to see what happens with the Chefs these next couple weeks. Even if they rebound I don't think the media will ever back off the Mahommes discussion, save for if they win the Super Bowl.
Nor should they with how bad it has gotten, imo. Most any QB that isn't a franchise's golden child will be on the hotseat with a 1 for 28 TD stretch with the talent around him.