• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13 vs. Texas State

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, Texas State. Idaho's old conference opponent from the glory days of the WAC. Okay not really. But despite the Vandals having a different football conference affiliation in 3 of the past 4 years, Texas State is one of only two teams that Idaho has played every year since 2012 ( the other being NMSU). Unfortunately every single match-up against TSU has resulted in a loss for Idaho. I guess any logical person could have deduced that, the Vandals won one game a year from 2012-2014.

The first two games in this series were not competitive, but Idaho had every opportunity to win last year in San Marcos. Similar to last week's game against Auburn they won the total yardage, first down, and TOP battles. Turnovers and three 70+ yard TD runs from Terrence Franks were the killers. Fortunately for Idaho, Franks graduated last year. Unfortunately, the Vandal run D is probably worse than last year and it doesn't matter who is toting the rock for the Bobcats. They're going to get their's on the ground. That assumes the TSU coaches will attack the Idaho D properly. Several coaches in the Sun Belt have waited until well into the second quarter to start running the up-tempo spread that really kills the Vandals.

Elijaah Penny should start after suffering a minor knee injury against Auburn and Linehan is going to be the #1 QB even after a good showing by Luton against the Tigers.

Word on the street is the team will be going back to gold helmets with the script Vandals after several years of those god awful black lids with the gold crayon markings on them. Something to show off for the 4,000 people that will be at a Thanksgiving weekend home game with most of the students gone I guess.

Prediction: This is a toss up for me. I'd like to think Idaho gets a bit of an advantage due to it being Senior Night at home, but I just don't see that coming into play much. Idaho has been able to win the TOP and yardage against more teams than one would expect this year. But even when they get all that right they seem to blow the game with epic collapses, stupid turnovers, and special teams mistakes. They're favored by 3, and I'd like to think they could turn the corner and put away a bottom half Sun Belt team. I'm forever a pessimist though and gun to my head I actually like their chances better against an undefeated NIU team in basketball later that night. At least the basketball team is consistently mediocre.

TSU 52
Idaho 44

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho up 24-17 at half. Up 14 at one point. Game over. They will choke this away in front of me and the 2,999 other people sitting in the dome.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho up 24-17 at half. Up 14 at one point. Game over. They will choke this away in front of me and the 2,999 other people sitting in the dome.

Well, happy to be wrong there. What a game from the offense. Linehan, Penny, Hightower, and Deon Fucking Watson all with great days. Watson with a top 5 catch this year to set up the game winning TD.