• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12...Packers SNF

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D needs to earn their check here!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Fuckin TJ WATT

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hudley has to be seeing stars.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

And Boz puts it up higher.

You have 2 guys playing tomorrow.....best of luck Bro!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction NorthCoast, an ugly win is still a win.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they can win ugly against the Pats but we’ll see in 3 weeks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win, Thrilling win, I think are both good descriptions for that one!

My response...I can rant about them not covering and why were they on a close game...but I'm not...they got the W, I'll take it. For once it wasn't the OFC that played down to the opponent. FS play is really starting to bother me at this point. Colbert and team hopefully are mining the country for a play making FS in the draft next yr.

Kudos the GB Packers...they played almost a perfect game with their backup QB on the road. In the end AB was the difference.

Tough one to grade because you had some many peaks and valleys in all 3 phases, but the job must be done.

OFC...4 of 5, the overall effort was better than a 3. No touches for Connor in this one but imo it may have been the best the OFC has looked this yr in terms of creativity and using more of the weapons available. However, when you turn it over 3 times...you are the primary reason of the game being close. The last drive was something magic by AB...I went back and forth on this one, but they got the W because of the OFC doing great work at the end. Anyone notice Hawkins in there with and power looks...I wonder if they stick with that when McD is back.

DEF...3 of 5. Allowing a back up QB that has been been struggling a 65% comp night with 3 TDs and no picks...you might want to grade lower, but there were enough positives on DEF to keep them above a 2. Burns is just playing okay imo...hated to see Tuitt's sack get wiped out because of his penalty. Why Sensabaugh is jumping routes, I'm not sure, maybe he thought there was a INT in this one for him, and McCarthy and Hundley got'em deep...still nearly all of these explosion plays there is a S in the area NOT making a play and these are going for 6 far too often. Not all bad, the DEF played well in spots, got heat at times...Captain was a beast...not sure how TJ didn't get called for H to H on his sack, but I'm thinking he will get a envelope in the mail unless they deemed the QB a runner.

ST...4 of 5...Bryant made a play, Berry got all 3 punts inside the 20, of course the missed XPT, but getting the 2pter wiped out that blunder and Bos made the game winner.

Outlook...PIT maintains the 1 seed for another week. I'm surprised to hear any mention of NE, but I thought I saw something attributed to Tomlin about NE, but in fairness I didn't click on it. @ CIN on MNF this week for the 2.0 meeting. The Bengals have won 2 straight and in the battle for JAN football. This will be a typical PIT vs CIN slugfest.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly win, Thrilling win, I think are both good descriptions for that one!

My response...I can rant about them not covering and why were they on a close game...but I'm not...they got the W, I'll take it. For once it wasn't the OFC that played down to the opponent. FS play is really starting to bother me at this point. Colbert and team hopefully are mining the country for a play making FS in the draft next yr.

Kudos the GB Packers...they played almost a perfect game with their backup QB on the road. In the end AB was the difference.

Tough one to grade because you had some many peaks and valleys in all 3 phases, but the job must be done.

OFC...4 of 5, the overall effort was better than a 3. No touches for Connor in this one but imo it may have been the best the OFC has looked this yr in terms of creativity and using more of the weapons available. However, when you turn it over 3 times...you are the primary reason of the game being close. The last drive was something magic by AB...I went back and forth on this one, but they got the W because of the OFC doing great work at the end. Anyone notice Hawkins in there with and power looks...I wonder if they stick with that when McD is back.

DEF...3 of 5. Allowing a back up QB that has been been struggling a 65% comp night with 3 TDs and no picks...you might want to grade lower, but there were enough positives on DEF to keep them above a 2. Burns is just playing okay imo...hated to see Tuitt's sack get wiped out because of his penalty. Why Sensabaugh is jumping routes, I'm not sure, maybe he thought there was a INT in this one for him, and McCarthy and Hundley got'em deep...still nearly all of these explosion plays there is a S in the area NOT making a play and these are going for 6 far too often. Not all bad, the DEF played well in spots, got heat at times...Captain was a beast...not sure how TJ didn't get called for H to H on his sack, but I'm thinking he will get a envelope in the mail unless they deemed the QB a runner.

ST...4 of 5...Bryant made a play, Berry got all 3 punts inside the 20, of course the missed XPT, but getting the 2pter wiped out that blunder and Bos made the game winner.

Outlook...PIT maintains the 1 seed for another week. I'm surprised to hear any mention of NE, but I thought I saw something attributed to Tomlin about NE, but in fairness I didn't click on it. @ CIN on MNF this week for the 2.0 meeting. The Bengals have won 2 straight and in the battle for JAN football. This will be a typical PIT vs CIN slugfest.
Great writeup per usual ATL! :suds:

Coaching... Well it wasn't the sexy win they were hoping for, but I'll take it as well. For once I too was fairly impressed with Haley's creativity last night. And whatta ya know... They finally achieved a over-.500 conversion percentage on 3rd downs (8/13 61%), and a perfect 3/3 in the RZ. Hallelujah! Haley can avoid the noose if he can keep gameplanning like that. Butler's defense may have looked like swiss cheese but that boiled down to execution. Nothing changed from a gameplan standpoint. The pressure was there on nearly every play but the secondary couldn't hold up its end of the bargain. Hard to knock him for that, but I will say the last GB TD I would have liked to see 1 of the safeties in the box rather than both at the back of the EZ. That was stupid. GB had them on their heels though so it is what it is. B+

Offense... Wholeheartedly agree ATL. Overall they did what they had to do to win. Aside from that 2min drive that netted little, they were on point in the 4th quarter. The turnovers were brutal. Felt like every time the Steelers started to gain momentum they shot themselves in the foot. We all know what AB is capable of, but man he just continues to amaze me. Just had to shake my head in amazement on that 23yd toe tapper at the end of the game. I don't think there was anyone watching that thought he caught that in bounds, except for maybe Steelers fans who have seen this man's spectacular feats on a weekly/yearly basis. This man is getting double & triple-teamed routinely and he's still dominating. Bell had a solid night with over 180yds combined. Would have loved to see Bell get more touches but thats nitpicking. O-line held up well. Didn't see any issues with Hubbard which was a great thing. Did not see Hawkins in there, granted I was watching on a 5" iphone screen while I was tending to my child's romping at home. Surprised to hear that though as I thought we'd see Finney get the call in those situations. Gotta give a shoutout to Ben. Despite the INT's, he was in postseason form. Some of his receivers were letting him down (drops) but he didn't let that deter him from spreading the ball around. Glad to see Marty B make some plays too. Need him to continue to progress if this offense wants to dominate. B-

Defense... I don't want to take away anything from Hundley because I thought he played very well, but the lapses in coverage were very exasperating. I can understand a backup CB biting on a fake/stutter route or simply a WR beating the DB but I cannot see any excuses for the safeties not making a play when they are in position. Mike Mitchell was absolutely miserable looking out there. He cannot make a tackle in open space to save his life. He may be a good communicator, but that's all he is anymore. He is not a dependable safety, which is essentially the exact job description. You are the last line of defense capable of making a play, and right now they don't have that with Mitchell being out there routinely making poor angles on ball carriers. I'd like to see Wilcox get more opportunities but I doubt that will happen. Davis also had a badly missed tackle on that 55-yd screen TD. That was inexcusable. But I also can't overlook the inconsistencies with the rest of the group. Burns didn't look very good. The front 7 played well. Heyward continued his streak of domination. Would love to see more consistency out of the rest of the group, but overall they were solid. C+

ST... Boz redeemed himself yet again. We know Heinz is a brutal place to kick, so to bang a game-winner that was a Heinz Field record was nothing short of spectacular. Doubt we'll ever see another kick like that in the next decade. Awful ballsy attempt, but they had no choice. I think someone should buy Boz a cape to wear to practice this week. Berry held up his end of the bargain as well. B+

Overall... Sort of haphazard effort full of peaks & valleys until crunch time. Quite the wild rollercoaster ride that we weren't necessarily wanting, but thankfully they pulled out the win. Need a better effort from the defense, mainly the secondary. B-

Injuries... Shazier & AVill's ankle injuries will be the biggest ones to follow this week. They were both able to finish the game but I fear them risking further injury. We need those guys for the postseason! JuJu & McDonald should be back this week.

Outlook... On the road to that shithole of Cincinnati. Cincy is on a resurgence so this game is pivotal for them. Mixon has emerged as their primary back and they will look to do damage with him. He has been a great outlet for Dalton so don't expect them to shy away from the passing game. Should be another gritty divisional bout.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drops are killing this team though. This game shouldn't have been anywhere near as close if people like Eli Rodgers weren't dropping the ball like they had money on the game.

Garbage like this showed why a sure handed WR like JuJu was a great pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great writeup per usual ATL! :suds:

Coaching... Well it wasn't the sexy win they were hoping for, but I'll take it as well. For once I too was fairly impressed with Haley's creativity last night. And whatta ya know... They finally achieved a over-.500 conversion percentage on 3rd downs (8/13 61%), and a perfect 3/3 in the RZ. Hallelujah! Haley can avoid the noose if he can keep gameplanning like that. Butler's defense may have looked like swiss cheese but that boiled down to execution. Nothing changed from a gameplan standpoint. The pressure was there on nearly every play but the secondary couldn't hold up its end of the bargain. Hard to knock him for that, but I will say the last GB TD I would have liked to see 1 of the safeties in the box rather than both at the back of the EZ. That was stupid. GB had them on their heels though so it is what it is. B+

Offense... Wholeheartedly agree ATL. Overall they did what they had to do to win. Aside from that 2min drive that netted little, they were on point in the 4th quarter. The turnovers were brutal. Felt like every time the Steelers started to gain momentum they shot themselves in the foot. We all know what AB is capable of, but man he just continues to amaze me. Just had to shake my head in amazement on that 23yd toe tapper at the end of the game. I don't think there was anyone watching that thought he caught that in bounds, except for maybe Steelers fans who have seen this man's spectacular feats on a weekly/yearly basis. This man is getting double & triple-teamed routinely and he's still dominating. Bell had a solid night with over 180yds combined. Would have loved to see Bell get more touches but thats nitpicking. O-line held up well. Didn't see any issues with Hubbard which was a great thing. Did not see Hawkins in there, granted I was watching on a 5" iphone screen while I was tending to my child's romping at home. Surprised to hear that though as I thought we'd see Finney get the call in those situations. Gotta give a shoutout to Ben. Despite the INT's, he was in postseason form. Some of his receivers were letting him down (drops) but he didn't let that deter him from spreading the ball around. Glad to see Marty B make some plays too. Need him to continue to progress if this offense wants to dominate. B-

Defense... I don't want to take away anything from Hundley because I thought he played very well, but the lapses in coverage were very exasperating. I can understand a backup CB biting on a fake/stutter route or simply a WR beating the DB but I cannot see any excuses for the safeties not making a play when they are in position. Mike Mitchell was absolutely miserable looking out there. He cannot make a tackle in open space to save his life. He may be a good communicator, but that's all he is anymore. He is not a dependable safety, which is essentially the exact job description. You are the last line of defense capable of making a play, and right now they don't have that with Mitchell being out there routinely making poor angles on ball carriers. I'd like to see Wilcox get more opportunities but I doubt that will happen. Davis also had a badly missed tackle on that 55-yd screen TD. That was inexcusable. But I also can't overlook the inconsistencies with the rest of the group. Burns didn't look very good. The front 7 played well. Heyward continued his streak of domination. Would love to see more consistency out of the rest of the group, but overall they were solid. C+

ST... Boz redeemed himself yet again. We know Heinz is a brutal place to kick, so to bang a game-winner that was a Heinz Field record was nothing short of spectacular. Doubt we'll ever see another kick like that in the next decade. Awful ballsy attempt, but they had no choice. I think someone should buy Boz a cape to wear to practice this week. Berry held up his end of the bargain as well. B+

Overall... Sort of haphazard effort full of peaks & valleys until crunch time. Quite the wild rollercoaster ride that we weren't necessarily wanting, but thankfully they pulled out the win. Need a better effort from the defense, mainly the secondary. B-

Injuries... Shazier & AVill's ankle injuries will be the biggest ones to follow this week. They were both able to finish the game but I fear them risking further injury. We need those guys for the postseason! JuJu & McDonald should be back this week.

Outlook... On the road to that shithole of Cincinnati. Cincy is on a resurgence so this game is pivotal for them. Mixon has emerged as their primary back and they will look to do damage with him. He has been a great outlet for Dalton so don't expect them to shy away from the passing game. Should be another gritty divisional bout.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Great write up yourself!

DEF...I've never seen one DEF victimized by long scoring plays with a FS in place to make a play...EVER! Mitchell is simply no longer a good player. I hope his substandard play doesn't come back to bite them this season, but it's all on tape.

OFC...the catch. One official runs up the line and calls it a catch...the other one didn't seem to be sure. Fortunately it was actually confirmed on replay.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Great write up yourself!

DEF...I've never seen one DEF victimized by long scoring plays with a FS in place to make a play...EVER! Mitchell is simply no longer a good player. I hope his substandard play doesn't come back to bite them this season, but it's all on tape.

OFC...the catch. One official runs up the line and calls it a catch...the other one didn't seem to be sure. Fortunately it was actually confirmed on replay.
Golden is not a quality starting FS, but I'll take his bumps over an undersized linebacker like Mitchell continuing to fail back there. Golden did a much better job against the Tits than what we have gotten out of Mitchell this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden is not a quality starting FS, but I'll take his bumps over an undersized linebacker like Mitchell continuing to fail back there. Golden did a much better job against the Tits than what we have gotten out of Mitchell this season.

True, there's almost no drop off in performance, at least Golden has a pick this season...I'd have to look to be honest to know if Mitchell has any....Tomlin reportedly likes Mitchell's vocal leadership/communication whereas Golden is a more quiet performer...would love to see the Bama SS on the board next draft. I think Davis can easily slide to FS.