• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12...Packers SNF

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12...The season is now officially into the home stretch...they talk about the hitting the wall for rookies...we are entering that zone where most college players are ending their season...Watt, Juju, some of our key youngsters need to get that second wind.

The 8-2 Steelers host the 5-5 GB Packers...this primetime game was all setup for a great inter-conference matchup with Ben and Rodgers. Unfortunately Rodgers had a season ending or severe injury and the Packers have suffered as a result. Brett Hundley has struggled taking over the reins, last week they were blanked at home by a solid BAL DEF. They have to be very motivated for a better showing on national TV.

The Pack come in ranked 20th on OFC, and 18th on DEF...they will give you the ball, but the DEF is pretty good about taking it away.

Injuries/Suspensions...Gilbert (PEDs) everyone knows got popped for enhancing and will miss this game and the next 3...I think week 16 he can come back...Hubbard takes over the RT spot, Hawkins gets a helmet and moves up to the swing OT spot. Haden, (leg)...some footage of him on a bike reportedly ahead of schedule...I think the target would be to have him ready by the playoffs. Mitchell (ankle), McDonald (ankle)...currently questionable, but I doubt we see either of them this week. Juju (hamstring) I think he's going to go, but I'm starting to have some concerns about him later. Would love to sit him down this week. Harrison (back) maybe he hurt it lifting or something, because he hasn't had many snaps to hurt in a game.

Note...rookie Cameron Sutton, CB was given the 53rd slot for Gilbert...kind of interested to see how they use him on ST...maybe not this week, but still talk he might field some punts.

Outlook...it's been said 10,000 times about the Steelers record under Tomlin in these type games...I'm cautiously confident in a win, no Rodgers, Nick Perry vs AVill and I assume they will move him to Hubbard's side and let him get some shots at Ben against the backup RT. Control him, probably no Matthews in this game, I just don't see enough on either side of the ball for GB to come in and beat PIT...I'm going to post it, but I would be leery of laying much coin on +14 or whatever the Vegas line is today.

Steelers keep it rolling 24-10.

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... About the only concern I have, which will be a reoccurring one for the next 4 weeks, is how the OTs will hold up. We know AVill struggles with the smaller pass rushers and GB is chalked full of them. Perry, Matthews, & Brooks have been playing well lately. I hope both AVill & Hubbard are up to the challenge. I have a feeling that Haley won't want to put too much pressure on Hubbard so will look to establish the run. GB will be without Kenny Clark, one of their interior DTs. That should help free up Pouncey to double team Mike Daniels or pull out in space. We know how dominate this rushing attack can be when they pull their interior O-lineman out in space. Been hearing rumors that they intend to use Finney in big sets as the extra TE. I would like to see Martavis step up this week with JuJu ailing. As ATL noted, rookies are going to hit a wall so they need to give JuJu some relief. Ben has plenty of options to spread the ball around to support that effort. Eli Rogers has been running a lot of routes with zero attention. So have the TE's. Packers D doesn't boast a lot of talent that you have to gameplan around so I think Haley can pick & choose how he pleases.

Defense... Another primetime game should have this group coming out with their hair on fire. Packers have been struggling to establish anything with consistency after Rodgers got hurt. Their O-line & RB corps are riddled with injuries. Their only real strength is their WRs right now. Adams, Nelson, Cobb, etc are one of the best WR corps in the league. If they can get a better showing from Hundley then I have doubts about how well the secondary will hold up through 4 quarters. The pass rush needs to expose GB's injured O-line & harrass Hundley. If LT Bakhtiari & RT McCray aren't able to play then they could be down to 3rd/4th string OTs. That will be the matchups to watch. If they can win in the trenches & throw Hundely off his game then this should be a good day for this unit.

Steelers usually show up for primetime games, so I'm hopeful we won't see another Tomlin trap game. Nevertheless...

Mind the juju... :hope:

Packers 27 - Steelers 20

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really thinking this Steelers defense is gonna tear up Hundley. He's still very hesitant in the pocket. I see the Steelers winning easily in this game. The defense needs to put a ton of pressure on Hundley. More pressure means more bad decisions made by the young QB. I'm hoping that the Steelers have a large lead where we can sit most of our starters. This is the stretch we need to make sure we keep winning. We have some potential tough games coming up and we need all of our starters to be healthy. I'm seeing a 37-17 win over the Packers in primetime.

If for some reason we don't win this game, we have cause for concern when it comes to the Ravens. Why were the Ravens able to stop the Packers but we weren't? But, hopefully, we won't have to ask ourselves that and we will hand the Packers their 6th loss of the season. Another note, if we win this game and the Ravens lose to Houston, I believe we would've clinched the division because of the win we have over them right? Could be wrong though lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really thinking this Steelers defense is gonna tear up Hundley. He's still very hesitant in the pocket. I see the Steelers winning easily in this game. The defense needs to put a ton of pressure on Hundley. More pressure means more bad decisions made by the young QB. I'm hoping that the Steelers have a large lead where we can sit most of our starters. This is the stretch we need to make sure we keep winning. We have some potential tough games coming up and we need all of our starters to be healthy. I'm seeing a 37-17 win over the Packers in primetime.

If for some reason we don't win this game, we have cause for concern when it comes to the Ravens. Why were the Ravens able to stop the Packers but we weren't? But, hopefully, we won't have to ask ourselves that and we will hand the Packers their 6th loss of the season. Another note, if we win this game and the Ravens lose to Houston, I believe we would've clinched the division because of the win we have over them right? Could be wrong though lol

I hope you're right on the final score, but I'm feeling something similar....the DEF will be anxious to keep GB to a single digit score I'm sure.

Steelers win, BAL loss...clinch?...no. if my math is right, if PIT won this week and lost the remaining 5 they would be 9-7 and if BAL lost this week and won their remaining 5 they would be 10-6.

Win the next 3 and I would think we can talk about clinching the DIV.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right on the final score, but I'm feeling something similar....the DEF will be anxious to keep GB to a single digit score I'm sure.

Steelers win, BAL loss...clinch?...no. if my math is right, if PIT won this week and lost the remaining 5 they would be 9-7 and if BAL lost this week and won their remaining 5 they would be 10-6.

Aah gotcha. I thought it was too early to talk clinching but I figured I'd put the thought out there. Just looked at the schedule, Pitt plays 4 straight primetime games. Thursday night against Tennessee, Sunday night against Green Bay, Monday night against Cincy and Sunday night against Baltimore. Only 1 early kickoff time also and that's the last week against Cleveland.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Packers offense is almost nonexistent without Rodgers and their defense is one of the worst in the NFL. The Steelers should win this one easily.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers offense is almost nonexistent without Rodgers and their defense is one of the worst in the NFL. The Steelers should win this one easily.

Should is the keyword. We've always played down to teams that aren't as good as we are for some reason. Look at the Browns in week 1, we win by 3. We lose to the Bears in week 3 and we win by 3 against the Colts. Yet, we can blow the Vikings and the Titans out of the water. I don't get it. But yes, we should be able to win this one easily. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should is the keyword. We've always played down to teams that aren't as good as we are for some reason. Look at the Browns in week 1, we win by 3. We lose to the Bears in week 3 and we win by 3 against the Colts. Yet, we can blow the Vikings and the Titans out of the water. I don't get it. But yes, we should be able to win this one easily. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close game.
Baltimore shutdown Green Bay at Lambeau Field... Enough said.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aah gotcha. I thought it was too early to talk clinching but I figured I'd put the thought out there. Just looked at the schedule, Pitt plays 4 straight primetime games. Thursday night against Tennessee, Sunday night against Green Bay, Monday night against Cincy and Sunday night against Baltimore. Only 1 early kickoff time also and that's the last week against Cleveland.
Time to put the big boy pants on and wear 'em sotospeak... 4 primetime games in a row. If these boys want to be taken seriously then this is the time to show it. So far they are off to a good start.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When last I checked, our boys were favored by 13...biggest spread in a Steelers game so far...........

...which, of course, makes me nervous. And again, there's the "playing down to mediocre teams" thing.

But it's a home game in prime time, and Ben appears to be getting his accuracy back, so I'm optimistic.

Steelers 24, Packers 7.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And not just this yr...We could go back 5 seasons and find at least one loss to a team they were favored against.

The Steelers have always gotten up for primetime games...Cowher had a great MNF record in addition to to what MT has done in primetime so they respond well to being on the big stage...for that reason I don't expect this be a close game late.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...I'm with you on what should happen.

Of course you've heard the history on playing down to opponents...that gives me some pause, but I really feel the DEF wants to put on a good show on national TV. The OFC...every time I think they are ready to turn the corner, they lay an egg, so I'm taking it week by week...no expectations really...last week they looked pretty good...we'll see if they can build on that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shazier - Don’t look a Savage in the eyes. Especially when it’s time to eat!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say it.......

This secondary looks like Shit without Joe Haden......
These guys are stepping all over each other's dicks without Haden in there directing traffic.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems every time we have a big time game, we get stuck with Chris (Butthead) Collinsworth and fucktard Al (Beavis) Michaels......

DAMN THOSE TWO FUCKIN SUCK!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the first time in ages Bell has fumbled.

If he'd of went to training camp......lol

But seriously he needs to lose that pink mouth piece, looks like he's sucking on a pacifier!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A half assed hour of football, all comes down to the last two minutes.

Steeler football????

:lol:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck.....

3 drops.