• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12, Los Angeles Rams @ Phoenix Cardinals, 12/04/17, 1:25 pm, PST, FOX

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what concerns me is that this team gives up waaaay too many rushing yards..especially against teams that don't run well. They were getting gashed in the 1st half.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, looks like Tree injured himself flipping into the end zone.

Just another example of a player injuring himself getting cute with his TD.

Let's clear it up, he didn't get hurt flipping it was incidental contact by a teammate on a tackle.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank gawd that Ram QB Sean Mannion is a free agent soon, what a waste of great current NFL talent rots on the Rams bench. The shackles will soon be free.

#free12twoplay
maxresdefault.jpg

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I love watching McVay's press conferences because of the way he talks about the game ( what worked, the coverages the defense was throwing at them, etc ).

It's very refreshing compared to the mundane ones we heard from Fisher.

What you didn't like Fisher's, we will look at the tape and get it fixed?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has anybody done Les Snead's job and figured out how to keep him?

My biggest worry is that he doesn't like his role, wants to be more involved in an offense and decides to go elsewhere.

Also, where do the Rams find the money to sign him, Donald and Tree? And what about Johnson?

They don' have that kind of money to keep all these guys happy.

Johnson can go as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't earned his paycheck the last couple years.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worry is that he doesn't like his role, wants to be more involved in an offense and decides to go elsewhere.

Also, where do the Rams find the money to sign him, Donald and Tree? And what about Johnson?

Johnson can go as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't earned his paycheck the last couple years.

i guess this is the part where SJ brings up his christmas list of FSU draftable players

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they will have money. They are 43 million under the cap for next year and of they cut Quinn before the roster bonus that is another 11 million saved, cutting Austin will save another 3 million. But Austin will still count 5 million in dead money. So you are looking close to 60 million.

Donald is most important, he will cost at least 20 million per. Joyner and Watkins are next, Joyner you can probably get for 7 million per and Watkins 13 million per. Robey-Coleman and Sullivan are next, you can probably get them at around 2 million per. Tru I can see going either way, he will not get tag, and probably can be had at 13 million per

Los Angeles Rams 2018 Salary Cap

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they will have money. They are 43 million under the cap for next year and of they cut Quinn before the roster bonus that is another 11 million saved, cutting Austin will save another 3 million. But Austin will still count 5 million in dead money. So you are looking close to 60 million.

Donald is most important, he will cost at least 20 million per. Joyner and Watkins are next, Joyner you can probably get for 7 million per and Watkins 13 million per. Robey-Coleman and Sullivan are next, you can probably get them at around 2 million per. Tru I can see going either way, he will not get tag, and probably can be had at 13 million per

Los Angeles Rams 2018 Salary Cap
I'm thinking that we are going to let Tru walk and do a revamp of the secondary and linebacker corp through the draft.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to hear from Vita and Retro about how the game was live.
I see you've all already heard from Retro. He got inside early and we popped into a place right outside the Stadium called 'Hot and Juicy Crawfish'. We had some Cajun Chicken and Cajun Fries. They served up some different local IPA's for my buddy BP on special. Buy your first beer for $5 bucks, get your second for a penny on your initial order, so essentially BP used mine and paid $10.02 for 4 beers while we watched the early Sunday games!

We called Retro and he was already inside watching Greg the Leg kick 60 plus yard field goals warming up and we looked to meet after we took our seats as we were both basically in the same section.

Man, not a bad seat in the house, both inside the stadium and the surrounding areas are really nice! Makes me anxious and giddy for Kroenke World!!! I can't wait to go see our Rams in their new house!!

Met up with RR just after the game started and there were some open seats surrounding us so we sat together and had some good laughs, mostly at LT.

Ironic @Battlelyon already posted something here about Gurley's yards after contact, because Retro and I were talking about that during the game. We also laughed about how may yards before contact LT gives up by either going down our out of bounds to avoid contact. :dhd:

After the game, we took a few photos, and I'll post them on the Current Events thread as well as the posters with a face thread on the General Boards. But @Retroram52 missed out, because just after he took off, we were heading out and we let these two sweet old ladies (Kitty and Kattie) go in front of us. One of the two ladies started chatting and it turned out to be Kitty Fassel. The wife of Jim and Mother of John Fassel. There was no doubt too. John is the spitting image of his Mother! (Never thought he looked much like his Dad, and now we know why). After going on about how we all feel and felt about John and some graciousness from Kitty, good 'ole BP complains to Kitty... "Tell your Son he stole my nickname!" Kitty took a look at BP and just laughed! BP must stand a good 6'4" plus and must be a buck 70! "Oh I get it....Bones" she says, and goes on... "I don't know who started calling him that."

Great time, Great game!

Can't wait to see what else McVay and company have in store for us this year, it really is a story book beginning, it would be so cool for the fairy tale end to this season!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Donald, but is it worth paying him 20m per year? That hasn't worked out well for Miami with Suh ( and yes, I know Donald is better ).

Also, is Watkins worth 13m? That is top 10 WR money. You could argue Woods is just as valuable and he's only making 6.5m

I think if they can sign Donald for 17-18m and Watkins for 10m or less, that would not only be fair, but help the team sign other key players.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you've all already heard from Retro. He got inside early and we popped into a place right outside the Stadium called 'Hot and Juicy Crawfish'. We had some Cajun Chicken and Cajun Fries. They served up some different local IPA's for my buddy BP on special. Buy your first beer for $5 bucks, get your second for a penny on your initial order, so essentially BP used mine and paid $10.02 for 4 beers while we watched the early Sunday games!

We called Retro and he was already inside watching Greg the Leg kick 60 plus yard field goals warming up and we looked to meet after we took our seats as we were both basically in the same section.

Man, not a bad seat in the house, both inside the stadium and the surrounding areas are really nice! Makes me anxious and giddy for Kroenke World!!! I can't wait to go see our Rams in their new house!!

Met up with RR just after the game started and there were some open seats surrounding us so we sat together and had some good laughs, mostly at LT.

Ironic @Battlelyon already posted something here about Gurley's yards after contact, because Retro and I were talking about that during the game. We also laughed about how may yards before contact LT gives up by either going down our out of bounds to avoid contact. :dhd:

After the game, we took a few photos, and I'll post them on the Current Events thread as well as the posters with a face thread on the General Boards. But @Retroram52 missed out, because just after he took off, we were heading out and we let these two sweet old ladies (Kitty and Kattie) go in front of us. One of the two ladies started chatting and it turned out to be Kitty Fassel. The wife of Jim and Mother of John Fassel. There was no doubt too. John is the spitting image of his Mother! (Never thought he looked much like his Dad, and now we know why). After going on about how we all feel and felt about John and some graciousness from Kitty, good 'ole BP complains to Kitty... "Tell your Son he stole my nickname!" Kitty took a look at BP and just laughed! BP must stand a good 6'4" plus and must be a buck 70! "Oh I get it....Bones" she says, and goes on... "I don't know who started calling him that."

Great time, Great game!

Can't wait to see what else McVay and company have in store for us this year, it really is a story book beginning, it would be so cool for the fairy tale end to this season!

They have a Hot and Juicy Crawfish in Vegas.... People always say I should try it when I go there...

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Donald, but is it worth paying him 20m per year? That hasn't worked out well for Miami with Suh ( and yes, I know Donald is better ).

Also, is Watkins worth 13m? letThat is top 10 WR money. You could argue Woods is just as valuable and he's only making 6.5m

I think if they can sign Donald for 17-18m and Watkins for 10m or less, that would not only be fair, but help the team sign other key players.

Aaron Donald wants to be the highest paid defensive player in football, there is a reason he held out training camp and missed the first game. Suh makes 19 million per year, and he knows he deserves more. Fletcher Cox makes 17+ million per. So Donald's position is a highly priced market, so if the Rams won't pay him someone else will. He is a once in a generation talent, you keep once in a generation talent. We will earned his contract unlike some other players.

Watkins is a tough one, because he can get paid and he will be. Teams even overpay for mediocre receivers. Hopefully we get a team discount and get him less than 10 million, on the open market he can make more and he knows that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a Hot and Juicy Crawfish in Vegas.... People always say I should try it when I go there...
Never heard of them, but we were there 2 hours before the game started, and there was a line out the door at the Yard House, a line out the door at Buffalo Wild Wings and open seating in and out at Hot and Juicy's, so it was a slam dunk decision. They had all kinds of big screens playing all the morning games and very nice table servers too! What we had, was good. Not too hot, just spicy enough.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what concerns me is that this team gives up waaaay too many rushing yards..especially against teams that don't run well. They were getting gashed in the 1st half.

What is crazy is that Leonard Fournette is the only running back to have over 100 rushing yards against the Rams.