• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We really need some DTs

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Dion Jorden, and drafting Malik McDowell and Nazair Jones, the Seahawks have made effort to improve this area.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Looked at Naz Jones Scouting report.

Big ass (6'5 300 DT) who will give us a Run Stuffer

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Malik McDowell if he actually wants to try and play hard/improve. He is easily the biggest boom/bust prospect in this class.. if he gets his head into the game and Carroll can motivate him (hopefully Bennett and Sherman will get on his ass too) the McDowell and Bennett/Avril will CRUSH opposing lines. McDowell would've easily gone top 10 (if not 5) if he actually gave a shit during college and interviewed well. He was one of the worst interviewed players in the draft this year lol.

That said, it could easily be a wasted 2nd round pick.. my thought is he'll slack for the first couple years and then put on a monster performance for the contract lol. Oh well.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Malik McDowell if he actually wants to try and play hard/improve. He is easily the biggest boom/bust prospect in this class.. if he gets his head into the game and Carroll can motivate him (hopefully Bennett and Sherman will get on his ass too) the McDowell and Bennett/Avril will CRUSH opposing lines. McDowell would've easily gone top 10 (if not 5) if he actually gave a shit during college and interviewed well. He was one of the worst interviewed players in the draft this year lol.

That said, it could easily be a wasted 2nd round pick.. my thought is he'll slack for the first couple years and then put on a monster performance for the contract lol. Oh well.

He will not come out of the gates charging, he will need to earn his playing time, he will need to work on his footwork.. But the upside is huge, and he will not have the pressure of being the teams savior on his shoulders, he will only need to think about improving his shills

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will not come out of the gates charging, he will need to earn his playing time, he will need to work on his footwork.. But the upside is huge, and he will not have the pressure of being the teams savior on his shoulders, he will only need to think about improving his shills

Yah... hopefully Bennett and Wagner kick his ass into gear. I agree he's not coming in as the sole savior... he's not CLOSE to being the best defender on that D. I also think with the pressure Bennett/Avril provide, he'll enjoy all the free looks he gets. It'll definitely be easier than going into a crappy D org.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB and Avril are both over 30. Never a bad idea to put young talent into either line. McDowell is a good fit I think, extremely rare size/athlete combo.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB and Avril are both over 30. Never a bad idea to put young talent into either line. McDowell is a good fit I think, extremely rare size/athlete combo.

Well... if he gets motivated he's definitely a Bennett replacement. Reminds me a lot of Carlos Dunlap :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... if he gets motivated he's definitely a Bennett replacement. Reminds me a lot of Carlos Dunlap :)
The versatility is similar to Bennett I think. McDowell is a lot bigger though -- 6'6" and can probably carry 300 without losing much quickness. If they get his between the ears parts straight, this could end up being a very disruptive DL.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How well do you think him half-assing it is going to go over with Avril/Bennett/Clark?