• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We really need some DTs

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are extremely low with quality bodies at the DT position. With Jenkins and McDaniels no longer, it really only leaves us with Rubin, Reed and Jefferson. Jefferson has played end more then tackle. Yes in our nascar package we move Bennett to DT, but the nascar package has us extremely light on the line and more often then not especially on the road we just get lost in the big bodies of the OL Our best years on defense is when we have a healthy rotation on the line

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Jean Francois is supposed to be visiting soon, or has or whatever.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have enough good run stuffing DT's .... When teams can run the ball down your throat it's trouble on every other aspect of your defense ...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less the same boat with LB and CB. I know we just signed some dude at LB, but that position is still pretty thin. Sherm is pretty much the only proven, healthy CB on the team.

These things have a way of working themselves out though, and the "experts" seem to agree it's a relatively strong defensive draft class.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel our entire D is thin at this point. We have like no linebackers, our DTs are extremely thin and I've been saying since last year that we need to draft one early, and our secondary is fine but all banged up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less the same boat with LB and CB. I know we just signed some dude at LB, but that position is still pretty thin. Sherm is pretty much the only proven, healthy CB on the team.

These things have a way of working themselves out though, and the "experts" seem to agree it's a relatively strong defensive draft class.

Which is why I think the whole "Hawks should trade Sherm for the right deal" idea makes no sense to me. I get that he ruffled feathers, especially in the media, last season, but the Hawks aren't so loaded at CB that they can afford to trade him without leaving a gaping hole at the position.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I think the whole "Hawks should trade Sherm for the right deal" idea makes no sense to me. I get that he ruffled feathers, especially in the media, last season, but the Hawks aren't so loaded at CB that they can afford to trade him without leaving a gaping hole at the position.

I expect Sherm to be a bit less vocal next season. Just a hunch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel our entire D is thin at this point. We have like no linebackers, our DTs are extremely thin and I've been saying since last year that we need to draft one early, and our secondary is fine but all banged up.
Well, this FO has been pretty consistent about adding to the DL since they've been here. Cassius Marsh, Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, Quinton Jefferson. Jefferson was talked up like a diamond in the rough during camp last season but injuries knocked him off the radar a bit. I think this season he could make an impact.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this FO has been pretty consistent about adding to the DL since they've been here. Cassius Marsh, Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, Quinton Jefferson. Jefferson was talked up like a diamond in the rough during camp last season but injuries knocked him off the radar a bit. I think this season he could make an impact.

True... hopefully Jefferson rebounds. I think we've done great on the DE-outside pass rusher front. Marsh is solid (injuries again UGH), Clark will command a big contract at this rate, Irvin got a big contract and Bennett/Avril were big free agent hits, granted. Plus getting Clemons...

Unfortunately the interior DL has suffered ever since Carroll got here. Mebane was part of the original regime and really played a big role. Mebane could get SOME pressure and Bryant allowed basically EVERYONE to go ALL out pass rush and ignore the run entirely because he could handle it himself every time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the interior DL has suffered ever since Carroll got here. Mebane was part of the original regime and really played a big role. Mebane could get SOME pressure and Bryant allowed basically EVERYONE to go ALL out pass rush and ignore the run entirely because he could handle it himself every time.
Yeah, I don't know if I agree about the interior DL. I think it's had a dip or 2, but overall it's been stout. They have found good players in the draft and have plugged in mid to lower tier FAs as good depth. This D has been pretty tough on the run most of the years since 2012, and I don't think that's all Bobby Wagner. The guys up front have been good.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Sherm to be a bit less vocal next season. Just a hunch.
I'm not sure the FO has a problem with him simply being vocal. If they do have an issue with him right now, I think it's coming from how he publicly questioned the coaches' playcalling, blew up on his own team during a game, and the ridiculous threat to remove Jim Moore's media credentials & ruin his career...then later not really apologizing and somewhat denying he even said it. He also made a passive aggressive dig on PC in a press conference when making a comment about the motivation sessions he conducts with players behind closed doors. That's not just being vocal. Those are behaviors that at the very least are a bit insubordinate and potentially detrimental to the team, and at worst they're indicators that we have a player who is out of control and no longer wants to be here, a potential cancer. (funny....Mike Salk is talking about all of this stuff right now on 710)

I am fine with Sherm being vocal. Talk trash to the other team, complain about how ridiculous and hypocritical it is of the league to say they're concerned about player safety but then have them play a Thursday game on 3 days' rest, get into twitter battles about who's the best CB, etc. I have no problem with any of that. I do hope he tones it down this season though because this team needs him. They don't need a big headache though, and I definitely don't want to root for a guy who isn't setting a good example for my kids.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherm better damn quick figure out who's running the show and that no one is above the team. He is probably at his highest trade value right now.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have been consistent add adding smaller athletic type ends but are coming up a little short on DTs. In the pass rush department we have lost too much physicality, become we are a little too small. We need a big body DT, who on passing downs who can collapse the pocket to complement our smaller size ends

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been consistent add adding smaller athletic type ends but are coming up a little short on DTs.
Yeah, I'm just not sure I agree. There have been lots of short term big body guys they've brought in over the years to round out the depth there. Most of them are not here anymore, but that doesn't mean they weren't added. Alan Branch, Jason Jones, Tony McDaniel (twice), Kevin Williams, Ahtyba Rubin, and I'm probably missing some names. Not saying any of them are super stars, but they definitely made for good depth and helped keep the DL a strong point for the vast majority of the last 5 seasons. I actually think this front office has been pretty fantastic at bringing in middle class type free agent DTs to fill holes and provide good depth.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder about signing Johnathon Hankins for DT. Know as a great run stopper who crashes the back field well as anybody in this league. He is 320 pounds and is only 24 years old. Three years ago he managed 7 sacks. Last year 3 sacks, so he can be a little more the a run stopper. He played his first four years as a Giant

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder about signing Johnathon Hankins for DT. Know as a great run stopper who crashes the back field well as anybody in this league. He is 320 pounds and is only 24 years old. Three years ago he managed 7 sacks. Last year 3 sacks, so he can be a little more the a run stopper. He played his first four years as a Giant

Seahawk can't afford him. They've pretty much used up what they could spend. It's about the draft ( or possibility a trade ) from here on out.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk can't afford him. They've pretty much used up what they could spend. It's about the draft ( or possibility a trade ) from here on out.

This late into FA everybody comes at a much lower price. A one year prove it deal

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hankins resigned a long term deal with the Giants today.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to wait until after the draft to see where we are with the team I could be wrong but I think we have like 14 mil left in our cap space so I would imagine a little more than half that space will be used for the draft. Every draft it seems that pete and john get atleast 1-3 either stud or exciting type players, only the 2013 draft was a complete miss.

With the cap we have left I would imagine around 3-4 million will be used to sign some free agent that was cut loose from another team to a 1 year deal

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to wait until after the draft to see where we are with the team I could be wrong but I think we have like 14 mil left in our cap space so I would imagine a little more than half that space will be used for the draft. Every draft it seems that pete and john get atleast 1-3 either stud or exciting type players, only the 2013 draft was a complete miss.

With the cap we have left I would imagine around 3-4 million will be used to sign some free agent that was cut loose from another team to a 1 year deal

According to spotrac, Seahawks have about 4.7 left after the draft. Need that to cover injuries during the season I would think.