• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We play football this week PS Game 1 @ Chicago Bears

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian will start. Charles will play. Lynch starts game 2. A year ago we looked pretty good in this game and the Bears well they looked pretty bad.

What are you looking at in this game?

The obvious

The QB's
the rookies
The OL play.
Pass rush without Ray and Barrett

Hard to tell with PS but take it for what it is worth.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Charles playing?

Stay healthy
See ST's improvement
OL play
Slot WR play
QB's kind of but, don't expect much
Pass rush

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't make the team if he isn't on the field.

We need to see how healthy he looks in game speed.

I doubt he plays much the first game, but we need to see what we have there.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Charles plays. Maybe wknd 3 with majority of starters playing on O line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLine and DLine for me. For the Bears 2 strengths of their team are the entire of both the OL and DL so if our guys can handle both it goes a long way in showing the Broncos have maybe improved in that area.

WR depth is another spot I'm excited to watch.

TE position looks like it hasn't exactly sorted itself out. Very surprised with the first depth chart that Derby is not at the top. He has been the 1 TE that has done something so far in camp.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL ,DL if they improved that We might be better off than I expect .

I am a firm believer in our QB's both of them will be starters for years to come .

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bears fan, I'd like to see us win the battles up front on both sides. That's really where our strengths lie, and if they can stay healthy there. They should be able to hang around in most games this season. Which is everyone's #1 priority in pre-season, above all... STAY HEALTHY!

Also, it'll be interesting to see Trubisky in action for the first time.

Here's to both teams avoiding injury :suds:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Charles plays. Maybe wknd 3 with majority of starters playing on O line.

I guess I wasn't aware that you were making the decisions with the team?

Because the team was quoted today saying he would see action.

Now. I am going to guess it won't be much, but perhaps they will shock you and play him.

He can't make the team if he isn't on the field, so it would make sense to play him. Got to see what we have before we make a decision there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I wasn't aware that you were making the decisions with the team?

Because the team was quoted today saying he would see action.

Now. I am going to guess it won't be much, but perhaps they will shock you and play him.

He can't make the team if he isn't on the field, so it would make sense to play him. Got to see what we have before we make a decision there.

With the emergence of Ridley showing well yeah Charles needs to show he can earn a roster spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect to see Charles in little by little each game. But I expect to see him get some action in all games. He might see his most in week 3. He needs to get back into football shape as he was out nearly all of last year. Let's keep in mind he isn't our sure bet #1 slam dunk RB we are going to milk here... This guy is fighting for a roster spot. His role has changed from previous years when he was a clear stud. Now, he has to prove himself again.

If I am Charles and I feel I am fully healthy (In his case he signed the contract and didn't hang it up so he should know if he is healthy) I am chomping a the bit at every opportunity I can in PS to show I belong on this team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect to see Charles in little by little each game. But I expect to see him get some action in all games. He might see his most in week 3. He needs to get back into football shape as he was out nearly all of last year. Let's keep in mind he isn't our sure bet #1 slam dunk RB we are going to milk here... This guy is fighting for a roster spot. His role has changed from previous years when he was a clear stud. Now, he has to prove himself again.

Agreed. Plus reports from this past week say he was struggling to know exactly where to go on any given play. Ran into the QB's a few times running the wrong direction on a given play. Now when he did everything right they said he looked very explosive. To me that is just not having played in pretty much 2 years and needing to get back into the swing of things. So yes for him playing time is actually needed this year beyond just him fighting for his roster spot but to actually get his mind right for games. 5 carries a game in preseason shouldn't destroy him. If it does he wasn't going to last the year anyway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO- We need to see how his knee holds up in the first place. If he can't take 5 carries a games in a PS he aint gonna do us any good come season time, so the time to find that out is now. The last thing we wanna do is sign him and have to clean up his knee again.

The fact that his explosion is back made me very happy... As much as I have always loved Charles (hated when KC took him) I sorta felt like he was done, but was hoping he wasn't. Nothing better then seeing him come back and have success vs the Chiefs... I hope we see that.

PS will be huge for him. He won't make the team if he can't get PS carries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO- We need to see how his knee holds up in the first place. If he can't take 5 carries a games in a PS he aint gonna do us any good come season time, so the time to find that out is now. The last thing we wanna do is sign him and have to clean up his knee again.

The fact that his explosion is back made me very happy... As much as I have always loved Charles (hated when KC took him) I sorta felt like he was done, but was hoping he wasn't. Nothing better then seeing him come back and have success vs the Chiefs... I hope we see that.

PS will be huge for him. He won't make the team if he can't get PS carries.

The nice thing for this season is it sounds like the RB position actually has depth and quality depth. Booker sounds like he has greatly improved and got his explosion back (before injury of course) and Ridley has been a very pleasant surprise from people I have talked to at camp. Still I would love to see Charles make it and just like with Ware get that Super Bowl with the Broncos instead of the team that held them back for so many years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Booker has learned a lot from his 1st to second year. that is often when a player will improve his most. I am hoping that will be said about Booker.

That way everytime he gets tackled I won't have to get a dramatic text from Nick about how big of a disappointment he has been.

We haven't seen the best of Booker yet. He may not be as good as I pimped him out to be but he surely isn't as bad as others have thought after just one year.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game this week? Real (kind of) NFL football? Hell, yeah!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, real! But it is football.

By week 3 of PS we will be bored though. ;)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, real! But it is football.

By week 3 of PS we will be bored though. ;)

Yeah, I agree but it sure is nice to see our boys in those orange and blues back out on the field. A harbinger of better things to come!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing for this season is it sounds like the RB position actually has depth and quality depth. Booker sounds like he has greatly improved and got his explosion back (before injury of course) and Ridley has been a very pleasant surprise from people I have talked to at camp. Still I would love to see Charles make it and just like with Ware get that Super Bowl with the Broncos instead of the team that held them back for so many years.
Yeah, I agree but it sure is nice to see our boys in those orange and blues back out on the field. A harbinger of better things to come!
I'm with MH64. Anytime you get to see your team on field, the rookies, draft pks from previous years, etc,etc,etc it's always interesting whether its training camp or preseason. Not just your team either. It's interesting to see all 32 teams and their new additions ,etc Love it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game this week? Real (kind of) NFL football? Hell, yeah!

Honestly I love preseason. Mostly to see the back end roster guys fighting for a job and see how they do. Also get our first chance to see the rookies get some live action work and see how they do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love about the first 2 weeks of PS then I am foaming at the mouth for the real deal.