• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We need a banner for the Vegas Golden Knights page

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shudder to think of what you had to filter through to find that image

What?

*types "golden shower head" into Google"

That seems pretty straight-

Oh My God

I was careful. It was actually pretty easy. I left the 'en' off gold and searched for shower head.

NOW you tell me

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok serious issue
Will this change how teams are built?
No star players, no big contracts.
Will teams look at Ovi and say I could get two Mcnabbs and a Haula ?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok serious issue
Will this change how teams are built?
No star players, no big contracts.
Will teams look at Ovi and say I could get two Mcnabbs and a Haula ?
There aren't any other teams in the playoff picture right now that aren't getting help from high end draft picks save maybe San Jose.

Some teams might consider folding and re-launching as an expansion team though.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't any other teams in the playoff picture right now that aren't getting help from high end draft picks save maybe San Jose.

Some teams might consider folding and re-launching as an expansion team though.
What I meant was that will teams see this as a reason to not give “high skilled” players as much.?
Doughty askes the kings for the 15 mil. Kings look at Vegas and see that having depth is better than having skill. Vegas has all 2-3 rd line players. No top line but no bottom line. No glaring weakness to attack. They can roll 4 lines and 6 Dmen and not have you to worry about matchups as much.
Will this hurt the leverage of star players? Will teams look towards balance instead of great players commanding teams?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant was that will teams see this as a reason to not give “high skilled” players as much.?
Doughty askes the kings for the 15 mil. Kings look at Vegas and see that having depth is better than having skill. Vegas has all 2-3 rd line players. No top line but no bottom line. No glaring weakness to attack. They can roll 4 lines and 6 Dmen and not have you to worry about matchups as much.
Will this hurt the leverage of star players? Will teams look towards balance instead of great players commanding teams?

I think Vegas is an interesting case study, and shows that there is no magic formula to success. Many paths will lead to the top of the mountain. But if the goal is winning the Cup, I am not sure you can do it with a pure lunchbucket, blue collar team. Maybe Boston in 2011 is the closest example.

//after looking at the list of Cup winners in the past 20 years, how the HE_L did Carolina win a Cup? :scratch:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vegas is an interesting case study, and shows that there is no magic formula to success. Many paths will lead to the top of the mountain. But if the goal is winning the Cup, I am not sure you can do it with a pure lunchbucket, blue collar team. Maybe Boston in 2011 is the closest example.

//after looking at the list of Cup winners in the past 20 years, how the HE_L did Carolina win a Cup? :scratch:
That was a silly season in the NHL - teams getting 8 power plays a game. Plus, the Canes took out the Oilers starting goalie in game one so that probably helped. They also rode a rookie goalie nobody had a book on yet. And the fact Bettman hates all things Canada, well, maybe the refs favored the Canes in that one too.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Could definitely make GM's and owners look at things a little differently.

Could also give us fans some more fun during UFA season if more teams decide to let guys go instead of pay through the roof to keep them.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a silly season in the NHL - teams getting 8 power plays a game. Plus, the Canes took out the Oilers starting goalie in game one so that probably helped. They also rode a rookie goalie nobody had a book on yet. And the fact Bettman hates all things Canada, well, maybe the refs favored the Canes in that one too.
Carolina got 25 playoff pts out of Cory Stillman. That may go down as one of the craziest playoff outliers ever.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Could definitely make GM's and owners look at things a little differently.

Could also give us fans some more fun during UFA season if more teams decide to let guys go instead of pay through the roof to keep them.

Which is why the salary cap needs to go - all it does it gives a

This also shows us that a salary cap isn't necessary in the NHL - all it does is inflate shitty UFA's salaries as GM's use available cap space as the be all end all right now

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VGK%20Holiday%20Pack%20Offer%202%2011302017.jpg

Who doesn't love a Christmas Vacation reference??

Their marketing department is almost as good as their Twitter guy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their marketing department is almost as good as their Twitter guy.

their twitter guy has been getting his face stomped on by hobnailed boots lately lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 47 games left, the Golden Knights have 50 points. 96 points usually is safe for a playoff spot, thus Vegas would only have to play .500 hockey the rest of the way and they punch their ticket to the dance.