• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We just signed Victor Cruz

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, you beat me by 2 minutes. Now that I'm off work...I'll get the next scoop! Shame. Lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh.

I would kinda like to see our undrafted FA, Tanner Gentry make the squad. We have enough tweener slot guys.

I think Gentry has a lot of upside.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh.

I would kinda like to see our undrafted FA, Tanner Gentry make the squad. We have enough tweener slot guys.

I think Gentry has a lot of upside.

I get where you're coming from, but with the inexperience at the top of our depth chart... I think a guy who has been around the block, won a super bowl, been to pro bowls... etc... serves a pretty valuable purpose. Especially if White goes down again.

Gentry can still make the team in a practice squad role, provided that he clears waivers after the pre-season. Which is probably better anyway, let him come along slowly.

In no specific order, the group could look like...

Meredith
White
Wheaton
Wright
Cruz
Bellamy - SPT's only

Gentry or Braverman - Practice Squad/Inactive

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More the merrier, make the camp competition better.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. I got you richig.... BREAKING NEWS: Victor Cruz takes the roster spot of Sure Fire starter if only given a chance to compete.... Conner Shaw. Yep. Shaw was released today. So much for the season, DAMN YOU Bears!!! they really should open up the competition!!!
:dhd:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. I got you richig.... BREAKING NEWS: Victor Cruz takes the roster spot of Sure Fire starter if only given a chance to compete.... Conner Shaw. Yep. Shaw was released today. So much for the season, DAMN YOU Bears!!! they really should open up the competition!!!
:dhd:

I liked what I saw from the kid. I would venture to guess that this has more to do with his recovery or lack thereof from his gruesome injury than it does his ability or inability to play.

But hey! Another QB of ours sucks. Woohoo. In your face @richig07

:pissed:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw from the kid. I would venture to guess that this has more to do with his recovery or lack thereof from his gruesome injury than it does his ability or inability to play.

But hey! Another QB of ours sucks. Woohoo. In your face @richig07

:pissed:

Yeah, that's disappointing. I was hoping we'd keep him on, I honestly liked him as a project QB and maybe Trubisky's future backup. I suppose they may have wanted to keep a vet around like Sanchez, who has the playoff experience... etc... Surround Trubisky with guys who know their way around the practice field and film room.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me say this.... The "I got you richig" was referring to the breaking news. I scooped him. that's all...

The bolded comment was in reference to AI always saying there should be competition among the QB's- mostly out of his BS hatred of my guy. I have always known and will stand by it forever that Conner Shaw is NOT now and never will be a starting QB in the NFL. He may make a few spot starts after some injuries or latch on somewhere as a backup guy... But No, he'll never be a Day One, top of the roster guy. And rightfully shouldn't have or be given a chance to compete as such.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA... okay... Today Sanchez suffered a knee injury in OTA's and they have called Shaw back to the team. HA.
The injury isn't believed to be serious, but they will keep Shaw around until Camp if needed. Talk about a shitty thing to do to a guy. "we don't want you, but we'll keep you around for another month or two until this other guy is healthy enough to practice, then we'll cut you"

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always known and will stand by it forever that Conner Shaw is NOT now and never will be a starting QB in the NFL. He may make a few spot starts after some injuries or latch on somewhere as a backup guy... But No, he'll never be a Day One, top of the roster guy. And rightfully shouldn't have or be given a chance to compete as such.

This is either the lamest fake non-argument to start in the history of sports boards, or I am missing the joke.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA... okay... Today Sanchez suffered a knee injury in OTA's and they have called Shaw back to the team. HA.
The injury isn't believed to be serious, but they will keep Shaw around until Camp if needed. Talk about a shitty thing to do to a guy. "we don't want you, but we'll keep you around for another month or two until this other guy is healthy enough to practice, then we'll cut you"
Yup, Shaw is needed at camp to toss balls to all the other camp fodder, but it also gives him another shot at impressing the coaching staff and staying in football shape in case other injuries occur. Also if his agent is telling him few other teams will bring him in for a look see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is either the lamest fake non-argument to start in the history of sports boards, or I am missing the joke.

Yeah... I don't know who the hell ever argued Shaw should be anything other than a potential 3rd stringer this year, with the ceiling of a backup.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me say this.... The "I got you richig" was referring to the breaking news. I scooped him. that's all...

The bolded comment was in reference to AI always saying there should be competition among the QB's- mostly out of his BS hatred of my guy. I have always known and will stand by it forever that Conner Shaw is NOT now and never will be a starting QB in the NFL. He may make a few spot starts after some injuries or latch on somewhere as a backup guy... But No, he'll never be a Day One, top of the roster guy. And rightfully shouldn't have or be given a chance to compete as such.

Joey, who EVER even remotely suggested otherwise?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, now Cameron Merideth is out with a thumb injury... Until training camp.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey, who EVER even remotely suggested otherwise?
A.I. mostly... but also I never understood those who thought we should keep him..."just because" and "what if" there was a lot of love for him for the simple fact that he played well in a preseason game and his name wasn't Cutler.
The way I've always viewed QB's is you have 4 different types:
The Starter- an unquestioned #1 guy
The Backup- The guy who KNOWS he's simply there, just in case. This one SHOULD IMO be an older vet who knows what he's doing already. Won't need many practice reps and is good in the QB room. Bonus if he's willing to help mentor a youngster.
The Future- The youngster who is SUPPOSED to eventually take over the for the Starter. 1-2 years tops. Everyone- the team, the owners, the fans, the entire league KNOWS they will get a chance to play.
The "Meh"- These are guys like: Fales, Shaw and countless others If you can tell me who Joe Callahan is without looking it up I'd be surprised. meh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.I. mostly... but also I never understood those who thought we should keep him..."just because" and "what if" there was a lot of love for him for the simple fact that he played well in a preseason game and his name wasn't Cutler.
The way I've always viewed QB's is you have 4 different types:
The Starter- an unquestioned #1 guy
The Backup- The guy who KNOWS he's simply there, just in case. This one SHOULD IMO be an older vet who knows what he's doing already. Won't need many practice reps and is good in the QB room. Bonus if he's willing to help mentor a youngster.
The Future- The youngster who is SUPPOSED to eventually take over the for the Starter. 1-2 years tops. Everyone- the team, the owners, the fans, the entire league KNOWS they will get a chance to play.
The "Meh"- These are guys like: Fales, Shaw and countless others If you can tell me who Joe Callahan is without looking it up I'd be surprised. meh.

Nobody said to keep him "just because"... and I think AI merely suggested to keep as "competition". Which we both know he's obsessed with mentioning.

99.999% of Bears fans liked Shaw as a camp body that could potentially beat out Sanchez for a roster spot. That's it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE real issue isn't the Wr's but who is throwing the ball to the Wr's and how well they're doing it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE real issue isn't the Wr's but who is throwing the ball to the Wr's and how well they're doing it.

I think that as Bears fans, we all know this. haha