• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We have alot of work to do this offseason:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UFAs
Ryan Pickett
BJ Raji
Jermichael Finley – provided he is healthy which I doubt
James Jones
Sam Shields
John Kuhn
Evan Dietrich-Smith

Marshall Newhouse
Andrew Quarless
Seneca Wallace
Johnny Jolly
Rob Francois
Mike Neal
James Starks

CJ Wilson

RFAs
MD Jennings
Jamari Lattimore

Exclusive Rights
Chris Banjo

Ive bolded the ones that I definitely want back

Ive italicized the ones that would like to bring back if the money is reasonable

I didn’t do anything to the ones that I couldn’t care less about…

I think we see a way different team next year…

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one has thoughts on this?

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one has thoughts on this?

There's so few Packer fans on this forum, that it's going to take a long time for threads to get a response (especially during the offseason.)

My feeling is that GB will definitely keep Capers, and now I'm started to hear some rumors that Capers may explore going to a 4-3 next year. Has anyone else heard this? Well, regardless, I just hope TT opens up his wallet and gets a veteran Safety to give Burnett some support back there. With Jennings and McMillan, Burnett just couldn't keep up with the incredible lameness they brought to the field. I'm not certain Burnett is the long-term answer either, but he's under contract and we're stuck with him. Maybe he'll do better with another experienced safety on this team.

Otherwise, I agree with all of your preferences above as noted. I do think the days of the big, fat, interior Dlineman could be over regardless of what scheme we play.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Capers is really scheme specific because he has ran both 3-4 and 4-3. I think he uses what his talent allows him to use. Right now we are incredibly weak at LB so its tough to stay in a 3-4.

Safety, ILB and DL are my biggest defensive concerns
TE, C and WR3/4 are my biggest offensive concerns

I really want to bring Starks back but it would have to be at a friendly number.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been messing around...let me know what you think:

Player 2013 Cap Hit Deal Cap Hit Based On Deal Notes
Jermichael Finley 8,750,000 gone
Ryan Pickett 6,710,000 1 year/2.5 million 2,500,000 old man but knows the system
BJ Raji 6,595,000 gone
James Jones 3,750,000 2 years/9 million 4,500,000 I think we let him go unless he signs an extremely team friendly deal
John Kuhn 2,543,750 1 year/2,543,750 million 2,543,750 no reason to pay him any more than he made last year
Sam Shields 2,023,000 5 years/30 million 6,000,000 I could easily see him getting a smaller offer but 6 mill is more than fair
Marshall Newhouse 1,360,462 gone
Andrew Quarless 1,360,462 3 years/9 million 3,000,000 We might let him walk because this might be a high number for him
Evan Dietrich-Smith 1,323,000 4 years/16 million 4,000,000 I think this is more than a fair deal however I could see a slightly higher number for escalators
Mike Neal 920,000 3 years/4.5 million 1,500,000 only stayed healthy one year in his career
Rob Francois 725,000 3 years/3.75 million 1,250,000 I might actually be high here
Johnnny Jolly 715,000 2 years/4 million 2,000,000
James Starks 655,075 2 years/5 million 2,500,000 This is likely a little low so he might walk
CJ Wilson 642,590 gone
Seneca Wallace 457,412 gone
Matt Flynn 294,412 4 years/10 million 2,500,000 Solid amount for a backup QB

Jamari Lattimore 556,668 3 years/2.8 million 933,333 He might get a tad more
MD Jennings 555,833 gone

Chris Banjo 405,000 3 years/2 million 667,000 He could easily get signed for less

Total 40,342,664 33,894,083

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bah...the format got screwed up

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of time and effort there, Trudem. Thanks for that, and maybe when I'm not so busy at work I'll give it more than a cursory glance!

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, my wife had our first son this weekend, I was a bit preoccupied :) He's sleeping now so i can get my Packer fix in.

But this is how I see it.
UFAs
Ryan Pickett- most likely gone, his level of play really diminished over the year and he's not going to get better. I like him, he's been great here, but anything more than a low end, situational contract/player is too much at this point.

BJ Raji- For what he thinks he's worth he's gone. Unless they think he'll make it back at NT, but I didn't see the effort from him this year more than a handful of plays all year long. He was completely invisible in most games, but maybe moving him back will change things. At this point if it comes down to him or Shields, I hope like hell they keep shields.

Jermichael Finley -I think it would be a one year, lower contract with lots of incentives. GB gets his talent for a year, he gets to prove he's worthy of a big contract and gets it somewhere else. I don't see anybody breaking the bank for him this year coming off that injury.

James Jones-love to have him back, think he'll be gone. He may be at an age where the big contract might not present itself with another team, but GB has a lot of weapons and I think someone will probably be able to outbid us. But maybe not. I would really like to keep him though, i think he's a great guy and player.

Sam Shields-must keep. We need secondary help, but I don't believe Ted needs to open up his purse to get a veteran safety if it means losing out on Sam Shields at DB.

John Kuhn-love to have back, but at a lower price

Evan Dietrich-Smith- see ya other than vet minimum.
Marshall Newhouse-See ya

Andrew Quarless- If not Finley, we need him back, and I think he'd be available for a pretty low contract. He really came on as the season went.

Seneca Wallace- See ya
Johnny Jolly- Great story, faded down the stretch, great attitude, aging big man, small contract and bring him back. I don't think anyone is going to give him a ton either, so should be doable. But I think everyone beyond Daniels is replaceable on that line. I don't think they all will be replaced, but it's not like all positions couldn't be upgraded.

Rob Francois- good 2nd guy if he's healthy. He'll be cheap if they want him

Mike Neal- I think he's worth keeping around a bit longer. Shouldn't cost a lot. Kind of hasn't found his position or niche on this team, but has talent and won't break the bank. He could be upgraded for sure, but there are a lot that are a lot worse than him too, so for the price, I think it's smart to keep him.

James Starks-medium contract and should keep. He earned it this year and I really like him and Lacy. They seem to push and feed off each other. Franklin scares me. He had a great game running wise, fumbled away his opportunities and seemed to get a bit cocky for me. Lacy stays focused during the games it seems, I like that. I don't see Franklin as the same player. I didn't think his injury was that terrible, I think they realized he was young, needed to mature and he has ball security issues. He's not going to see the field if he can't protect the ball.

CJ Wilson- Gone

RFAs
MD Jennings- he can be replaced, I didn't see any growth from him this year at all.
Jamari Lattimore- needs to learn to play with discipline, won't cost a lot and I think is back

Exclusive Rights
Chris Banjo- they'll keep him too.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, my wife had our first son this weekend, I was a bit preoccupied :) He's sleeping now so i can get my Packer fix in.

UFAs
Ryan Pickett- most likely gone, his level of play really diminished over the year and he's not going to get better. I like him, he's been great here, but anything more than a low end, situational contract/player is too much at this point.

BJ Raji- For what he thinks he's worth he's gone. Unless they think he'll make it back at NT, but I didn't see the effort from him this year more than a handful of plays all year long. He was completely invisible in most games, but maybe moving him back will change things. At this point if it comes down to him or Shields, I hope like hell they keep shields.

Jermichael Finley -I think it would be a one year, lower contract with lots of incentives. GB gets his talent for a year, he gets to prove he's worthy of a big contract and gets it somewhere else. I don't see anybody breaking the bank for him this year coming off that injury.

James Jones-love to have him back, think he'll be gone. He may be at an age where the big contract might not present itself with another team, but GB has a lot of weapons and I think someone will probably be able to outbid us. But maybe not. I would really like to keep him though, i think he's a great guy and player.

Sam Shields-must keep. We need secondary help, but I don't believe Ted needs to open up his purse to get a veteran safety if it means losing out on Sam Shields at DB.

Marshall Newhouse-See ya

Andrew Quarless- If not Finley, we need him back, and I think he'd be available for a pretty low contract. He really came on as the season went.

Seneca Wallace- See ya
Johnny Jolly- Great story, faded down the stretch, great attitude, aging big man, small contract and bring him back. I don't think anyone is going to give him a ton either, so should be doable. But I think everyone beyond Daniels is replaceable on that line. I don't think they all will be replaced, but it's not like all positions couldn't be upgraded.

Mike Neal- I think he's worth keeping around a bit longer. Shouldn't cost a lot. Kind of hasn't found his position or niche on this team, but has talent and won't break the bank. He could be upgraded for sure, but there are a lot that are a lot worse than him too, so for the price, I think it's smart to keep him.

James Starks-medium contract and should keep. He earned it this year and I really like him and Lacy. They seem to push and feed off each other. Franklin scares me. He had a great game running wise, fumbled away his opportunities and seemed to get a bit cocky for me. Lacy stays focused during the games it seems, I like that. I don't see Franklin as the same player. I didn't think his injury was that terrible, I think they realized he was young, needed to mature and he has ball security issues. He's not going to see the field if he can't protect the ball.

CJ Wilson- Gone

RFAs
MD Jennings- he can be replaced, I didn't see any growth from him this year at all.
Jamari Lattimore- needs to learn to play with discipline, won't cost a lot and I think is back

Exclusive Rights

Congrats on the birth of your son!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UFAs

Marshall Newhouse-See ya

Seneca Wallace- See ya

CJ Wilson- Gone

RFAs

Exclusive Rights

Yes congrats...my son is now 14 months and its awesome!