• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We dropped to 8th in the Coaches Poll

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-1 does change that. U do know teams in front of us play each other so we would move up no matter what if we win out.

so if ole miss loses to miss st by 3 points you feel one of them will drop below nd? sorry. for nd to move up they will NEED HELP! they do not control their own fate.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if ole miss loses to miss st by 3 points you feel one of them will drop below nd? sorry. for nd to move up they will NEED HELP! they do not control their own fate.

I disagree. In my opinion ND wins out we are good. 2 SEC schools, FSU and ND. Only team with a chance is Oregon or Mich st and I just don't see them getting in over us.

We will find out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Mendoza @TomMendozaTalks Follow Just met Bill Clinton. He said "The ND-FSU game evoked an emotion in me that I never expected. Sympathy for Notre Dame. Terrible call"

He said it was a terrible call. I just thought it was funny to see that this call got the attention from someone like Bill Clinton.

2Legit2Quit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big weekend. Let's go LSU, Tennessee, California, Penn State, and South Carolina!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Mississippi schools go down tomorrow...if not both

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i told u guys ND is good if we go 11-1. 1 team down. it will all play out.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that if Notre Dame wins out they make it in because I don't think the SEC West is going to end the season with many teams with out one loss or more maybe one if that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that if Notre Dame wins out they make it in because I don't think the SEC West is going to end the season with many teams with out one loss or more maybe one if that.

Agree. Ole Miss lose their 2nd game to Auburn or @ Arkansas

I think Bama is going to be the only team with 1 L in the SEC West unless LSU pull another upset @ home in 2 weeks vs Bama but if they survive that game, I think they go 11-1.

I have Mississippi State losing to Bama & Ole Miss....they did not look too hot today against a bad Kentucky team away from home

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Alabama slipping up too but I think a two loss team will represent the SEC West in the title game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens no way does the SEC get 2 teams in the playoffs. You're not going to take 2 teams from the SEC with 2 losses unless it turns out to be one of those crazy years where every contending team has 2+ losses except FSU

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly from what I've seen of ASU and USC Notre Dame should beat them.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin Trojans pissed & choked their game away against Utes tonite. They're now gonna drop out of the top 25.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it hurts our SOS but I never feel bad about the used condoms losing, EVER. Watched the 2nd half of that game... Kessler has some tools, Agholor looks like a really formidable receiver. If this team can get its shit together they could give us a very tough game.

ASU looks to be the only ranked team left on the schedule. I'm looking to this Louisville-FSU matchup this Thursday too see what they look like too.

We're going to be in the hunt, even if we only make it to 6, or 5, we're in the hunt. We have a lot of football left to play and I'm more concerned with how we look coming out of a bye-week following a tough loss than anything.

But let's just say that everything falls into place and we make it in... maybe now's the time we might want to think on who we might face and how we matchup with a few of those teams. Oregon is a matchup that worries me, for example.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it hurts our SOS but I never feel bad about the used condoms losing, EVER. Watched the 2nd half of that game... Kessler has some tools, Agholor looks like a really formidable receiver. If this team can get its shit together they could give us a very tough game.

ASU looks to be the only ranked team left on the schedule. I'm looking to this Louisville-FSU matchup this Thursday too see what they look like too.

We're going to be in the hunt, even if we only make it to 6, or 5, we're in the hunt. We have a lot of football left to play and I'm more concerned with how we look coming out of a bye-week following a tough loss than anything.

But let's just say that everything falls into place and we make it in... maybe now's the time we might want to think on who we might face and how we matchup with a few of those teams. Oregon is a matchup that worries me, for example.

I'm just not totally convinced and/or as optimistic as you, evidently.

I, too, relish in every SC loss, but not when ND really needs them to win and they shoulda won last nite, but choked it away. It was painful to have to root for the Trojams last nite, believe me, but the simple fact of the matter is we need them to be ranked and now they're not gonna be.

The biggest 'knock' staring ND in the face right now, in comparing them to other top teams in the rankings, is any quality of wins on our resume. Stanford seems to be our only QW and it's a pretty weak win as it stands now. On the other hand, our one loss to FSU is a 'strong loss' and is the saving grace in keeping us in the conversation for a being one of the possible playoff teams. The USC loss last nite is a real sting to our SOS as they will prolly drop out of the rankings altogether ... leaving us with three teams in top 25 on our sked ... and only one in the top 10. Certainly, Ole Miss losing last nite to LSU helped our cause and I'm thinking they may be out of the talk for a bit.

Presently, it looks like FSU, Miss St and Bama are the solid top three ... the question is who is #4 when the first Playoff Committee poll gets released Tues evening. As I look at remaining skeds on a cursory level, our one QW looks like it just might hamstring us ... and our SOS (usually our strong point) could possibly be this team's Achilles heel in the long run.

I'm hoping for the SEC West to beat each other to a pulp ... TCU/KSU to blow a game ... and Oregon to goon it up in the PAC somehow. Who knows what the B1G will even bring to the table. I suspect CCGs are gonna play a large factor down the road and those can become real crap shoots. It's a crazy year!

Dammit USC!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah USC losing hurts. We need ASU to keep winning to make it look like a great win. I want ASU in the Top 10 some how.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 team down ..... THAT is what i mean by help, purguy. :rollseyes:

Its not help when u know the teams will lose. Thats why it will play out. I told you to look at other teams schedule. They have to play against each other and will lose games. All ND has to worry about is going 11-1

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole worrying about what teams lose to who is unnecessary. All they can do is control what's ahead of them. The rest will work itself out. Our biggest threat to being bumped is not a second SEC team, but a BIG team. If Mich st wins out, including a win over OSU, then I think the committee will favor them over us being in a conference and clinging to some old notion that the BIG is still a major power. OSU and their pussy schedule, with a win over Mich. St will vault them too. All we can do is handle our business. We sweep the BIG opponents and sweep the PAC 12 opponents and go 3-1 against our ACC opponents and it will be hard for the PAC 12 or BIG champ with the same record as us to get the nod.