• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We drafted all offense

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analogy I heard this morning was the bears drafted like they were filling fringe player needs of a super bowl team. The one defensive guy that could be ready to play is Jackson, he has a rod in his leg and two surgeries.

Still cant be graded for two years minimum, unless the TE is really that good.

Exactly how I feel. We did some sort of Patriots' luxury draft... Only we're a 3-13 team...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying, and I originally wanted to find a defensive stud as well. However, is there really a bigger need for this team than finding a franchise QB? For any team in the NFL, without one. Especially us, as we've spent 70+ years looking... is there anything that trumps QB?

I've said on this board many times. I'm not nuts about what we did, but I understand the logic behind every move and I trust Pace's talent evaluation skills. I am willing to let this play-out, without getting in an uproar about it.

Taking a QB in the first round was going to happen one of these years here, very soon. I have no problem with them making it this year, as they had unanimous conviction that Trubisky was their guy.

Shaheen is actually my favorite pick. 6'6 1/2 278 pounds and he looks like a natural runner out there. Guy that size running a 4.7 and making cuts the way he does on the field is wild. His combination of size and athleticism is downright startling.

Pace and Fox said in their presser that they feel like the biggest thing for the defense, is just getting healthy. I agree with that. We found the QB we're ready to bet on, and then grabbed him a target to grow with. I kind of see Pace's vision on offense, like he helped build in New Orleans. Mobile QB like Brees, scat back like Sproles and a freak athlete TE like Graham. Then, of course, you've got your early-down back in Howard. Which I don't think NO ever really had post-McCallister in that time period.

We really just need a couple of tackles to join the equation. Whether it's somebody already on-board developing, or addressing that next off-season. Obviously, I think the days of counting on White to be a #1 are long gone. Not that it's impossible... just seems absurd to bet on. I'd say Meredith has a better chance, at this point.

Yeah, its just a lot of... stabs?

...At players that it just seems like we're being "cute" with, thinking we're out-foxing everyone... I'm left feeling like everyone we took could have been had in the 6th round, except Trubisky who I don't feel was the right call for our team... Hope hope hope I'm wrong...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its just a lot of... stabs?

...At players that it just seems like we're being "cute" with, thinking we're out-foxing everyone... I'm left feeling like everyone we took could have been had in the 6th round, except Trubisky who I don't feel was the right call for our team... Hope hope hope I'm wrong...

Just browsing around the pre-draft stuff. It appears Shaheen was ranked 4th or 5th on the TE board, and 2nd-3rd round was his projection. Seems about on par with what we did.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just browsing around the pre-draft stuff. It appears Shaheen was ranked 4th or 5th on the TE board, and 2nd-3rd round was his projection. Seems about on par with what we did.

Yeah, I guess a player like that with a 2nd-3rd round projection I'd like to get in the 3rd, not the 2nd... :D

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess a player like that with a 2nd-3rd round projection I'd like to get in the 3rd, not the 2nd... :D

I saw plenty of mocks that had him in the second.

He went 85 overall here in our SportsHoopla mock, fwiw.(not much I realize, but perspective)

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB and the TE should get snaps early on. However, probably not a significant load (unless Miller gets hurt again, very possible).

That analogy doesn't really work though, as I've never seen a Super Bowl team trade up to #2 overall to grab the top QB on the board. lol

Top QB on some boards, but still identified one need that they pretty much filled by getting a Pederson/Kaaya choice from 2013 in Glennon.

Its not my analogy, its just what I heard. The idea was, why take standouts from Division 2, guys that stood out against Division 2 competition instead of guys that stood out against division 1 competition.

As far as a SportsHoopla draft and 85 for Shaheen, hell, I will admit I never heard of the guy before either.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top QB on some boards, but still identified one need that they pretty much filled by getting a Pederson/Kaaya choice from 2013 in Glennon.

Its not my analogy, its just what I heard. The idea was, why take standouts from Division 2, guys that stood out against Division 2 competition instead of guys that stood out against division 1 competition.

As far as a SportsHoopla draft and 85 for Shaheen, hell, I will admit I never heard of the guy before either.

What do you mean with the Kaaya/Pederson/Glennon 2013 thing? I don't get it...

And I mean... the real standouts from D1 are gone by the time we took Shaheen man. lol. Shaheen also wasn't just a "stand out" DII player. He's like the greatest DII TE of all-time. lol

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean with the Kaaya/Pederson/Glennon 2013 thing? I don't get it...

And I mean... the real standouts from D1 are gone by the time we took Shaheen man. lol. Shaheen also wasn't just a "stand out" DII player. He's like the greatest DII TE of all-time. lol

Mike Glennon was a third round QB in 2013, so the equivalent of what three year developed third rounder might be after waiting for him to develop..