• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We drafted all offense

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of a lone safety, Pace decides to go all in on offense. Uggh not exactly what I would have done but whatever. Pace better be right with these picks are he's gone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace definitely just put it all on red, and let it ride. We'll see if he's finally the Bears GM that wins this gamble.

Bet on Mirer: loss
Bet on McNown: loss
Bet on Cutler: loss

Bet on Trubisky: ???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The def was fine before injury's. The offense was really bad. Fixing the offense will help the defense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, all-in is right.

Every single pick is a risk. I cannot remember a draft where every single pick was boom or bust.

This draft will determine Pace's future past this next season, for sure

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of a lone safety, Pace decides to go all in on offense. Uggh not exactly what I would have done but whatever. Pace better be right with these picks are he's gone.

Even the safety is a kick returner too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the strangest Draft in Bears history. Pace is either a genius, or the biggest moron alive. 3 of 5 picks below FBS level, coming off a 3-13 campaign??? Dude either has elephantitis of the nuts, or he is autistic.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft will either be awesome or a total shit. God, I hope Pace is a fucking genius.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone care to guess what the Bears average time of possession on offense was for 2016?

Ranked 30th holding the ball 28:06. Only CLE and SF were worse.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone care to guess what the Bears average time of possession on offense was for 2016?

Ranked 30th holding the ball 28:06. Only CLE and SF were worse.

Even more absurd when you factor in that they were ranked 2nd on yards per first down attempt. 2nd only to the high-octane Falcons.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, all-in is right.

Every single pick is a risk. I cannot remember a draft where every single pick was boom or bust.

This draft will determine Pace's future past this next season, for sure
Pace has one more draft at least. Especially if Trubisky doesn't get significant playing time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The def was fine before injury's. The offense was really bad. Fixing the offense will help the defense.

The defense was actually fine after injuries, until the final two games. We had the 6th overall D heading into the WSH and MIN games.

Good chance this D turns the corner in a big way, if they can just stay f'ing healthy. For crying out loud. Aren't we due? Christ.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Millen's philosophy when he kept drafting WRs.

Yeah, but did you guys ever have a good run game or a solid defense in place like the Bears do?

I mean, QB play alone on those teams...

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta wonder what the conversations were like when either Pace of Fox decided they were moving on from Cutler.

Point being, seems like the response from the "other guy" would be. if we do move on, we need to draft offense.

Pace claims it just played out that way, there was no plan, but I sure hope there was a plan.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta wonder what the conversations were like when either Pace of Fox decided they were moving on from Cutler.

Point being, seems like the response from the "other guy" would be. if we do move on, we need to draft offense.

Pace claims it just played out that way, there was no plan, but I sure hope there was a plan.
I don't believe there was much of a conversation, they gave Cutler a shot, he failed in their eye's, time to move on. Simple really. Pace found himself someone competent under center in Glennon with the possibility of being better than average if given half a chance, but went out and got a youngster to groom, their guy. Feels like Pace is actually making plans.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was actually fine after injuries, until the final two games. We had the 6th overall D heading into the WSH and MIN games.

Good chance this D turns the corner in a big way, if they can just stay f'ing healthy. For crying out loud. Aren't we due? Christ.

OR... We could have drafted young studs that would improve the quality of the players on said defense, and at the same time improve the depth of said defense, so we don't have to say, "IF we can just stay healthy...".

Draft a QB who needs to "Sit and learn" over a starting S or CB that would have played immediately.

Draft a DII TE which, let's face it, is a luxury pick that a 3-13 team does NOT have, over say, a Demarcus Walker to go on the D Line and create havoc...

The scat back is intriguing, I suppose.

Eddie Jackson COULD be a good player for us, but gee. Let's add depth to a defense with injury issues with a guy with injury issues...

I don't know man... We were in a PERFECT position in this draft to shore up the defense and make it formidable for years to come IMO, and instead we drafted very raw offensive talent...

Days later and several sleeps later, I think we really bombed this draft.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR... We could have drafted young studs that would improve the quality of the players on said defense, and at the same time improve the depth of said defense, so we don't have to say, "IF we can just stay healthy...".

Draft a QB who needs to "Sit and learn" over a starting S or CB that would have played immediately.

Draft a DII TE which, let's face it, is a luxury pick that a 3-13 team does NOT have, over say, a Demarcus Walker to go on the D Line and create havoc...

Eddie Jackson COULD be a good player for us, but gee. Let's add depth to a defense with injury issues with a guy with injury issues...

I don't know man... We were in a PERFECT position in this draft to shore up the defense and make it formidable for years to come IMO, and instead we drafted very raw offensive talent...

The analogy I heard this morning was the bears drafted like they were filling fringe player needs of a super bowl team. The one defensive guy that could be ready to play is Jackson, he has a rod in his leg and two surgeries.

Still cant be graded for two years minimum, unless the TE is really that good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're saying, and I originally wanted to find a defensive stud as well. However, is there really a bigger need for this team than finding a franchise QB? For any team in the NFL, without one. Especially us, as we've spent 70+ years looking... is there anything that trumps QB?

I've said on this board many times. I'm not nuts about what we did, but I understand the logic behind every move and I trust Pace's talent evaluation skills. I am willing to let this play-out, without getting in an uproar about it.

Taking a QB in the first round was going to happen one of these years here, very soon. I have no problem with them making it this year, as they had unanimous conviction that Trubisky was their guy.

Shaheen is actually my favorite pick. 6'6 1/2 278 pounds and he looks like a natural runner out there. Guy that size running a 4.7 and making cuts the way he does on the field is wild. His combination of size and athleticism is downright startling.

Pace and Fox said in their presser that they feel like the biggest thing for the defense, is just getting healthy. I agree with that. We found the QB we're ready to bet on, and then grabbed him a target to grow with. I kind of see Pace's vision on offense, like he helped build in New Orleans. Mobile QB like Brees, scat back like Sproles and a freak athlete TE like Graham. Then, of course, you've got your early-down back in Howard. Which I don't think NO ever really had post-McCallister in that time period.

We really just need a couple of tackles to join the equation. Whether it's somebody already on-board developing, or addressing that next off-season. Obviously, I think the days of counting on White to be a #1 are long gone. Not that it's impossible... just seems absurd to bet on. I'd say Meredith has a better chance, at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analogy I heard this morning was the bears drafted like they were filling fringe player needs of a super bowl team. The one defensive guy that could be ready to play is Jackson, he has a rod in his leg and two surgeries.

Still cant be graded for two years minimum, unless the TE is really that good.

The RB and the TE should get snaps early on. However, probably not a significant load (unless Miller gets hurt again, very possible).

That analogy doesn't really work though, as I've never seen a Super Bowl team trade up to #2 overall to grab the top QB on the board. lol