• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We claimed Roberto Aguayo

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears claim Roberto Aguayo off waivers to spark kicking competition

Interesting. The Bucs spent a 2nd round pick on this kid out of Florida State. He set records in college for never missing... like ever. He was touted as having the potential to be one of the greatest place kicker's ever. He went to TB, got into a funk and never got out of it.

Maybe he can come here and have a fresh start? Look like we have a kicking controversy on our hands. How exciting! lol

Worth the flier, IMO. If he stinks the next three weeks, cut him loose and we just roll with Barth. Who wasn't anything special last year, but was certainly solid and better than the majority replacement options.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Barth might lose his job to Aguayo for the 2nd straight year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Barth might lose his job to Aguayo for the 2nd straight year.

Yeah, he's got to be like "WTF dude? Stop doing this to me!" lol...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barth will win the job IMO.

Aguayo is caught up in his own head.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for giving the kid a shot...and if he can regain his college form- Pace could have swindled a very good deal...
On the other hand This kid Kicked in Florida in College. He kicked in Florida in the PRO's and it's pretty clear that some misses got in his head and it snowballed- the high draft pick and pressure surely got to him...but Going from FLORIDA to Chicago is going to be a RUDE awakening. These Aug/Sept try out kicks will be fine, if he can use the change of scenery and refocus his talent- great! I'm VERY concerned for that one 48 yard miss, that most kickers will face, he's going to get in late OCT or early Nov. and than have that be in his head a couple weeks later when it's colder and the wind is whipping off the lake. Florida to Chicago? Yikes. Just hope he can change his mindset.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barth will win the job IMO.

Aguayo is caught up in his own head.

I tend to agree. However, I believe if they both perform equally well, we're going to wind up going with the younger guy and the upside. They're just waiting for Aguayo to give them a reason to make him the guy.

Personally, I tend to think we should all be pulling for Aguayo as well. We know what Barth is, a decent/league average kicker. Aguayo has the potential to be more than that, if he can just snap out of it mentally.

FWIW, Janikowski (only kicker ever taken higher than Aguayo) had a worse accuracy percentage than Aguayo in his first season. He obviously wound up being one of the all-time greats.

It could be as simple as a change of scenery here, on top of reeling off 5 or 6 kicks in a row to get his confidence back.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth a shot but ultimately nothing will come of it. Aguayo folds under pressure, which is something that cannot be fixed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth a shot but ultimately nothing will come of it. Aguayo folds under pressure, which is something that cannot be fixed.

I disagree. There is a part of being cool under pressure that comes more naturally for some. However, it also comes from having a lot of experience performing in pressure filled situations.