• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Are!!!!!........

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a year away!!!!

Taking a look at this roster and the schedule for this and next season, I really believe this could turn into something special. Like 1994 special. That does however depends on if key players return for one more season (Hack, Lynch, Hamilton, Lewis and some others). I think we greatly improve off last season and go 10-3 (bowl game included). 2016 will be our year.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a year away!!!!

Taking a look at this roster and the schedule for this and next season, I really believe this could turn into something special. Like 1994 special. That does however depends on if key players return for one more season (Hack, Lynch, Hamilton, Lewis and some others). I think we greatly improve off last season and go 10-3 (bowl game included). 2016 will be our year.

Fully agree. All depends on Hack I feel.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agree. All depends on Hack I feel.

We'll been fine next year with or without Hack. McSorely will thrive in this offense. He's very mobile, throws well on the run and can make plays with his feet when things break down. He's also a very accurate passer with a high football IQ....kid was like 55-2 at highest level of VA football with 3 state titles. If you notice, every QB we're bringing in is pretty mobile, not dual threat/run first guys, but mobile guys who are comfortable moving the pocket, making plays on run and using their feet to make play when necessary. HAck is more desirable for NFL teams, but with what we have right now, McSorely would probably win us more games sadly

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll been fine next year with or without Hack. McSorely will thrive in this offense. He's very mobile, throws well on the run and can make plays with his feet when things break down. He's also a very accurate passer with a high football IQ....kid was like 55-2 at highest level of VA football with 3 state titles. If you notice, every QB we're bringing in is pretty mobile, not dual threat/run first guys, but mobile guys who are comfortable moving the pocket, making plays on run and using their feet to make play when necessary. HAck is more desirable for NFL teams, but with what we have right now, McSorely would probably win us more games sadly

If we had a offense line able to block or play calls that weren't predictable we wouldn't need to rely heavily on a mobile qb. You know why we need a mobile qb? Its because he has to be able to run for his life. Hack is a outstanding QB but the coaching hasn't helped him but only hurt him so far.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a offense line able to block or play calls that weren't predictable we wouldn't need to rely heavily on a mobile qb. You know why we need a mobile qb? Its because he has to be able to run for his life. Hack is a outstanding QB but the coaching hasn't helped him but only hurt him so far.

We are simply not in a position because of teh sanctions to have a deep, talented, experienced OL. In another year or 2, there will be no such excuse/problem, but till then we need to work around what we have. Hack needs to throw the damn ball downfield and let WR make plays when they are being guarded 1 on 1. HE has to see that and audible into that play.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are simply not in a position because of teh sanctions to have a deep, talented, experienced OL. In another year or 2, there will be no such excuse/problem, but till then we need to work around what we have. Hack needs to throw the damn ball downfield and let WR make plays when they are being guarded 1 on 1. HE has to see that and audible into that play.

I call bs on that it's the depth. I don't care if you have awesome depth or horrible depth at o-line it's the 5 starters that matter and ours couldn't stop 2 players from sacking Hack. Yes hack needs to chuck it deep but that's also on the play calling which was horrible.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call bs on that it's the depth. I don't care if you have awesome depth or horrible depth at o-line it's the 5 starters that matter and ours couldn't stop 2 players from sacking Hack. Yes hack needs to chuck it deep but that's also on the play calling which was horrible.

Out of the 5 guys playing now 1 should be, maybe 2 under normal circumstances....Mangiro and Nelson, so the depth and quality of that experienced depth is not BS, its real

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 5 guys playing now 1 should be, maybe 2 under normal circumstances....Mangiro and Nelson, so the depth and quality of that experienced depth is not BS, its real

I agree to disagree

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT Paris Palmer 4 Star
LG Brendan Mahon 4 star
C Angelo Mangiro 4 star
RG Brian Gaia 3 star
RT Andrew Nelson 3 star

All were rated well out of HS. You (LBU) will always see PSU as the cup is half if not over flowing. When will it be time for you to see its the coaching staff not fully on the players? We all know Franklin can recruit but that means jack shit when its time to coach them and put them in the correct places then call successful plays per your players strengths. I am hoping we are over blowing 1 loss but I doubt it.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't blame this on the sanctions. We simply do not have a coaching staff that is able to put together a solid game plan with what we have.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame this on the sanctions. We simply do not have a coaching staff that is able to put together a solid game plan with what we have.

How can you not blame it on sanctions, limited to 15 scholarships under O'Brien and he chose to recruit very few OL?? Those classes are coming up now

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT Paris Palmer 4 Star
LG Brendan Mahon 4 star
C Angelo Mangiro 4 star
RG Brian Gaia 3 star
RT Andrew Nelson 3 star

All were rated well out of HS. You (LBU) will always see PSU as the cup is half if not over flowing. When will it be time for you to see its the coaching staff not fully on the players? We all know Franklin can recruit but that means jack shit when its time to coach them and put them in the correct places then call successful plays per your players strengths. I am hoping we are over blowing 1 loss but I doubt it.

Again, most OL shouldn't see the field till RS soph year unless you are thin. Mahon, Gaia would never be near the field under normal circumstances. Palmer is a talented player, but very raw. He's going to take time to adjust to the speed of game from JUCO.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did OB manage to coach through the sanctions and provide a good offense but Franklin hasn't? If depth is a problem why haven't we had the same problems for the defense?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did OB manage to coach through the sanctions and provide a good offense but Franklin hasn't? If depth is a problem why haven't we had the same problems for the defense?

OB still had all the OL recruited by previous regime and even said they had "too many" so he ignored the position and recruited skill guys. Now, those guys have graduated and we are thin. Obrien recruited with 15 ships a year, he didn't inherit a roster that was recruiting 15 players per year. TO equate the roster he was left with on OL to what we have now with depth/experience is not close. We'll be there in a year or 2 when the guys Franklin has brought in are ready to go. I think Bates and Beh will make an impact next year, Nelson is good and continuing to get better as is Mahon. Jenkins shouldn't see field till RS soph year. Sorrell is running first team this week with Palmer on 2nd unit at least today. Nelson dinged up

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a great DC now, Butler was the drizzling shits.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are paper thin at LB, you didn't see the problems when Wartman and Bell went out?? Our glaring areas of depth issues and lack of experience are OL and LB

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are paper thin at LB, you didn't see the problems when Wartman and Bell went out?? Our glaring areas of depth issues and lack of experience are OL and LB

Depth wasn't a problem for LB before the injuries. You can't predict injuries unless your a redskin fan and I can predict a injury to our qb who ever it is.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth wasn't a problem for LB before the injuries. You can't predict injuries unless your a redskin fan and I can predict a injury to our qb who ever it is.

Injuries are why you need depth.