• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are going to see how good a coach Urban Meyer is this year

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have an All American QB to win games for him this season. Lots of areas need a lot of improvement. Guess he can prove whether he's good at coaching players up or not this year.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what Meyer and Herman were doing yesterday (or in the first half against Navy for that matter). They're putting way too much on Barrett and subbing so much the offense can't develop any rhythm or continuity. Elliott, Samuel, and Wilson had four carries combined in the first half. That cannot happen, especially with such an inexperienced OL.

They kept going back to Corey Smith and pulling Michael Thomas, even though their respective performances warranted the exact opposite, and Devin Smith should have been a much, much bigger factor against VTs defense.

They made the same mistakes against VT that they made in the first half against Navy. They adjusted briefly, tied it up, then went right back to what got them in trouble in the first place once VT scored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Urban Meyer actually say he never seen zone defense before?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid season update: seeing good improvement, albeit vs poor competition. Conference games are heating up. Time to see what this team is actually made of.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid season update: seeing good improvement, albeit vs poor competition. Conference games are heating up. Time to see what this team is actually made of.

Post season update: Urbs is a hell of a coach

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, turns out he's a pretty good corch indeed. :yahoo:

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how quickly the tide changes! Until halfway through this season, many were questioning him. Now he is being thrown into the best coaches ever discussion.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how quickly the tide changes! Until halfway through this season, many were questioning him. Now he is being thrown into the best coaches ever discussion.

Ehh, I don't know about that. I know I wasn't questioning Urban, I just thought it was going to be a rough season. Super young team with an offense basically that had to learn on the fly and a defense that was suspect to the big play. The entire staff did a tremendous job this season. It really can't be stated enough that the team that took the field vs Alabama and Oregon looked absolutely nothing like the team that took the field vs Navy and VT.

axisoftime

Drinkslinger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, I don't know about that. I know I wasn't questioning Urban, I just thought it was going to be a rough season. Super young team with an offense basically that had to learn on the fly and a defense that was suspect to the big play. The entire staff did a tremendous job this season. It really can't be stated enough that the team that took the field vs Alabama and Oregon looked absolutely nothing like the team that took the field vs Navy and VT.

Oh yeah I know you weren't, I doubt any Buckeye fans ever doubted him. They certainly were in the South though. Hell even after the win over Bama, some media guests on the Finebaum show were talking shit about him saying he can't win with his own talent, completely ignorant of his 2013 class. SECers believed he ran away from Saban.