• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early top 25 for 2017

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wisconsin just gets placed randomly in these things, but I guess they're just keeping them at #9.

To be honest, just putting everyone where they finished the season before is as good a guess as any.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama, Florida State lead Way-Too-Early 2017 Top 25

1. Alabama
2. FSU
3. USC
4. PSU
5. Clemson
6. OSU
7. Oklahoma State
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. OU
11. Auburn
12. Michigan
13. Georgia
14. Stanford
15. LSU
16. Miami
17. Kansas State
18. Louisville
19. TCU
20. USF
21. Florida
22. Pitt
23. Wash St.
24. Va Tech
25. Texas
Love me some SC but its going to depend on how many of there draft eligible guys declare this year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about equal to what OSU experienced this year with all the guys leaving. But very few of our incoming freshman this past season maintained their redshirts. Most played and I suspect because Harbaugh knew this was coming. Chris Evans was a true freshman this year and played about 1 snap for every 2 Smith got. OSU did the same thing from 2015-2016.
I guess we'll see. Barrett is a big upgrade over Speight. Even with a horribly coached passing offense this year he was better, and Speight is losing all of his weapons, along with 4/5 offensive linemen. We also brought back a lot more on defense than you guys will be.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see. Barrett is a big upgrade over Speight. Even with a horribly coached passing offense this year he was better, and Speight is losing all of his weapons, along with 4/5 offensive linemen. We also brought back a lot more on defense than you guys will be.

Kevin Wilson as OC is a huge upgrade over the bums we've had since Herman left.

He was able to make Indiana into a competent offensive team, and adapt the offense effectively to the players he had each year.

Full confidence Barrett and Co will be put in a much better position next season.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, most of our D-line will have played significant amounts of time this year. And we potentially return a linebacker and safety if Jeremy Clark can get a 6th year. And if Peppers stays, even better.

The offensive line is my biggest concern. RB I think we'll have an improvement in Evans. TE we'll be fine with Asiasi and Wheatly and WR has plenty of options. But it's hard to do anything if your line can't block. I expect them to be young, but decently talented. So against more veteran defensive lines they'll struggle and against other teams they'll do OK.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, most of our D-line will have played significant amounts of time this year. And we potentially return a linebacker and safety if Jeremy Clark can get a 6th year. And if Peppers stays, even better.

The offensive line is my biggest concern. RB I think we'll have an improvement in Evans. TE we'll be fine with Asiasi and Wheatly and WR has plenty of options. But it's hard to do anything if your line can't block. I expect them to be young, but decently talented. So against more veteran defensive lines they'll struggle and against other teams they'll do OK.
Peppers is gone, let's be real.

No idea who Jeremy Clark even is. Also, McCray is only back if Harbaugh wants him to be. The fact that I know that means he isn't exactly stellar.

TE you'll be fine? You sound like Buckeye fans saying we'd be fine losing Thomas because we have Noah Brown. You don't just replace arguably the best all-around TE in the nation with the snap of a finger. You're probably right about your RB, but with the OL losses it might be rough regardless. Speaking of RB, is Kareem Walker going to play?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tell us why you would have UGA at 13. BTW, USC is way way to high, maybe 18 or so

I don't like UGA, but they are returning most of the key people, and will have a top 5 recruiting class. Getting BOTH their running backs to return is amazing!

Having said that, I'm sure UGA will find a way to lose 4 or more games next year. :hope:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No idea who Jeremy Clark even is. Also, McCray is only back if Harbaugh wants him to be. The fact that I know that means he isn't exactly stellar.

TE you'll be fine? You sound like Buckeye fans saying we'd be fine losing Thomas because we have Noah Brown. You don't just replace arguably the best all-around TE in the nation with the snap of a finger. You're probably right about your RB, but with the OL losses it might be rough regardless. Speaking of RB, is Kareem Walker going to play?
Clark was a 5th year senior coming into the year and our starting safety. He performed pretty well in 2015 and lead the teams in interceptions that year. So if we get him back, that's huge help for the secondary.

Butt was great, but every time he's been taken out by injuries our backups have performed extremely well. Honestly, I don't see a production drop out of the TE position.

I think we're going to have a hard time replacing the consistency out of our WR's. We're going to see more dropped balls from the newcomers but both Chesson and Darboh were like Jason Avants. Good route runners, solid hands but neither really could take over a game and win it.

Like I said, the offensive line is the biggest issue going into the season. We've seen enough of the other replacements at other positions so that I'm comfortable in saying there won't be much of a drop off or might even be an improvement....but with offensive line that's not the case.

Kareem Walker had academic issues all year but apparently, according to him, ended the semester with a 3.0. He's one of the few players who actually did redshirt last year. I have to imagine we'll see him on the field and with Evans and Higdon already proving their pretty good, Walker makes the position pretty promising.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately for Michigan, they had enough blow out games this year that gave the backups some decent PT.

I don't think Peppers will sign up to come back to a team with a HUGE question mark on it in terms of how the new starters will adjust. He is a lock for a top 10 pick, and is definitely in the run to squeeze up closer to top 5. If he has any NFL ambitions, he isn't going to come back to college. Too much of a risk, with nothing to gain outside of college awards (as I don't see Michigan being a title contender next year).

Michigan will likely lose 2-3 games next year IMO. Hopefully they come out of the gate and beat Florida. If not, it could set up for a long season. @PSU, OSU, and @Wisc are going to be TOUGH games and Michigan will likely be underdogs in most if not all 3 games.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention, with People's Jones enrolling early he should be a relative lock to get playing time this year. He'll be our highest rated WR recruit...ever.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, with People's Jones enrolling early he should be a relative lock to get playing time this year. He'll be our highest rated WR recruit...ever.
Yeah it will be really exciting watching DPJ going up against our 5* CBs for the next 3-4 years. Who else is gonna play WR opposite him? Black?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it will be really exciting watching DPJ going up against our 5* CBs for the next 3-4 years. Who else is gonna play WR opposite him? Black?
I actually think you're going to see a lot of Kekoa Crawford (who saw some time this year) and Eddie McDoom (who saw a lot of time this year on WR reverses) opposite of People's Jones.

Also, Peppers just declared for the draft.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put OU around 10-15, I'm tired of the preseason hype and getting the overrated, crap. Until OU gets some Big Uglies upfront on the Dline, we will not compete for a NC. The Stoops brothers need to look at Venables, he wants a strong front 7. The Stoop Brothers want a strong back 5 or 6. It ALL Starts Upfront.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose:

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Florida State
4) Oklahoma
5) USC (This may be a HUGE year for them)
6) Penn St
7) Washington
8) LSU
9) Clemson
10) Michigan
11) Stanford
12) Wisconsin
13) Oklahoma St
14) South Florida
15) Georgia
16) Louisville
17) Auburn
18) Tennessee
19) Texas
20) Boise St
21) Miami
22) West Virginia
23) Kansas St.
24) Colorado
25) Oregon

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Wilson officially named Ohio State offensive coordinator. New OC means he has no ties to Barrett, so hopefully this means a fresh start and a true competition.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to choose:

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Florida State
4) Oklahoma
5) USC (This may be a HUGE year for them)
6) Penn St
7) Washington
8) LSU
9) Clemson
10) Michigan
11) Stanford
12) Wisconsin
13) Oklahoma St
14) South Florida
15) Georgia
16) Louisville
17) Auburn
18) Tennessee
19) Texas
20) Boise St
21) Miami
22) West Virginia
23) Kansas St.
24) Colorado
25) Oregon
Wait, Oregon????

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Oregon????

Yeah, I threw them in at #25. Just in case this year was just a mistake. It wasn't that long ago that they were a top 15 team.