• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early season prediction

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9/1 Akron - W
9/8 Colorado - W
9/15 Troy - W
9/22 @Michigan - W
9/29 Purdue - W
10/6 @Wisconsin - W
10/13 @Northwestern - W
10/20 Minnesota - W
11/3 @Ohio State - W
11/10 Illinois - W
11/17 Michigan State - W
11/23 @Iowa - W
Big 12 Championship - W
Playoff Round 1 - W
National Championship - W

15-0 BABY, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
SMOOOOOTIS !!

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what captured my attention was this --- Plorsters

there fore I will do a brief prediction

Huskers will come out of the tunnel full of power at first -- crowd will cheer" Natty on the platter" directed by JJM

then they will lose an important game -- and the crowd is now sad

then the Mighty Huskers come back and Win the rest of thar games

aaaand Donald Trump will even come to Linclon to watch the Huskers ---aaaaand cheer for them

this is my prediction

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 wins can happen, but if that’s your prediction then you are predicting that this team is damn neared flawless in Scott Frost’s first season with the hardest schedule in the entire country coming off of a 4-8 season.

I guess I just hope people aren’t upset if we go 6-6 or something like that. I will be upset only if this team comes out and is visibly not there attitude-wise.

Frost talked about having a unity of purpose across the board. That’s what I want to see. I haven’t seen that since the early Bopper years and even then it wasn’t at the level it needed to be.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Troy really that good?

Troy is well coached and has an offensive mind as the head coach. Sound familiar? Defense might be a little soft, but the offense is well oiled. New OC but he has worked with the head coach since Texas Tech.

head Coach is Neal Brown first season was 2015

OC at troy

2008 8-4
2009 9-4

Runs a hurry up offense. Went on to be OC at texas tech where he really pumped his hurry up offense.

2010-2012 Texas Tech OC T Tech put up lots of points, but the Tech defense was mostly horrid. Whoever the tech d coordinator was, cost Tech a lot of wins. Basically, this is when the Big 12 became a pass happy conference with no concern for defense.

Head Coach at Troy

2015 Typical first season problems for a new coach and a new offense.
2015 4-8 but in the second half of the season the Troy offense began to click. Putting up 52 points, 51 points, 41 points, 41 points. Stage is set

2016 10-3 lost to Clemson by 30-24. You know, the team that finished number 1
2017 11-2 beat LSU 24-21, but came out flat vs Boise State and were over confident against South Alabama.

Troy is not afraid of going on the road. This team is now his recruits, will there be a drop off? Compare him to Frost, he is recruiting speed and more speed.

The Nebraska Troy game is going to be a shootout. Is Nebraska's defense in shape to stop this high speed offense? I don't think they will be. Troy's defense has been playing against their offense for three years now, I expect them to be in shape for the speed attack.

I expect this game to be like USF and UCF or the Memphis UCF game at the end of the year in 2017. Both of those games were track meets or equivalent to high school basketball games in points scored.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy is well coached and has an offensive mind as the head coach. Sound familiar? Defense might be a little soft, but the offense is well oiled. New OC but he has worked with the head coach since Texas Tech.

head Coach is Neal Brown first season was 2015

OC at troy

2008 8-4
2009 9-4

Runs a hurry up offense. Went on to be OC at texas tech where he really pumped his hurry up offense.

2010-2012 Texas Tech OC T Tech put up lots of points, but the Tech defense was mostly horrid. Whoever the tech d coordinator was, cost Tech a lot of wins. Basically, this is when the Big 12 became a pass happy conference with no concern for defense.

Head Coach at Troy

2015 Typical first season problems for a new coach and a new offense.
2015 4-8 but in the second half of the season the Troy offense began to click. Putting up 52 points, 51 points, 41 points, 41 points. Stage is set

2016 10-3 lost to Clemson by 30-24. You know, the team that finished number 1
2017 11-2 beat LSU 24-21, but came out flat vs Boise State and were over confident against South Alabama.

Troy is not afraid of going on the road. This team is now his recruits, will there be a drop off? Compare him to Frost, he is recruiting speed and more speed.

The Nebraska Troy game is going to be a shootout. Is Nebraska's defense in shape to stop this high speed offense? I don't think they will be. Troy's defense has been playing against their offense for three years now, I expect them to be in shape for the speed attack.

I expect this game to be like USF and UCF or the Memphis UCF game at the end of the year in 2017. Both of those games were track meets or equivalent to high school basketball games in points scored.

Always a good read HIB10

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think all this team was missing was leadership. Now with that new leadership comes with it many positives that we have been missing since the T.O days.

S&C&N is the foundation, We now have a S&C&N program that is I believe tops in the country. Our guys are going to be in shape.

Coaching staff: They are unified and all on the same page. That is priceless. Having continuity and a coaching staff that sticks together is a huge key to success. I don't believe we will have coaching turn over like we saw with Bo Pelini and Mike Riley. Which really helps in recruiting and also helps get younger players on the same page as far as understanding the playbook and assignments. Like a coach said when players start teaching each other then it gets real fun I believe that's already happening.

To sum it all up I think this team not giving up and playing for each other in this coaching staff the turnaround will happen sooner than people think. I'm not strictly looking through Rose colored glasses here. I think there will be a learning curve going into the big 10. However I think coaching staff is well suited for the Big Ten and I think we're going to really be a force to be reckoned with I think it'll be Ohio State Nebraska as the leaders of the Big Ten I really do I don't think Wisconsin is going to be able to keep up with our speed.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think all this team was missing was leadership. Now with that new leadership comes with it many positives that we have been missing since the T.O days.

S&C&N is the foundation, We now have a S&C&N program that is I believe tops in the country. Our guys are going to be in shape.

Coaching staff: They are unified and all on the same page. That is priceless. Having continuity and a coaching staff that sticks together is a huge key to success. I don't believe we will have coaching turn over like we saw with Bo Pelini and Mike Riley. Which really helps in recruiting and also helps get younger players on the same page as far as understanding the playbook and assignments. Like a coach said when players start teaching each other then it gets real fun I believe that's already happening.

To sum it all up I think this team not giving up and playing for each other in this coaching staff the turnaround will happen sooner than people think. I'm not strictly looking through Rose colored glasses here. I think there will be a learning curve going into the big 10. However I think coaching staff is well suited for the Big Ten and I think we're going to really be a force to be reckoned with I think it'll be Ohio State Nebraska as the leaders of the Big Ten I really do I don't think Wisconsin is going to be able to keep up with our speed.

Frost did say that when he took over at UCF strength and conditioning was a big problem and it took them 2 off seasons and the first season to get them where they needed to be. He said the first offseason wasn’t enough time.

I think it will be much the same this upcoming season. We will be outclassed by the big boys because they will simply be stronger, faster and more experienced than us.

Year 2 I expect to begin seeing guys making quicker/stronger plays. I expect to see this more easily on the Defensive side of the ball. I think next year at this time our guys are going to be in great shape.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5 this year. Natty next.

And if you pick Nebraska to lose any OOC game.

As @corn train says Take a 10 pound kettle ball and hit yourself in the nuts

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5 this year. Natty next.

And if you pick Nebraska to lose any OOC game.

As @corn train says Take a 10 pound kettle ball and hit yourself in the nuts

I’m not “picking” us to lose any OOC game. I’m just trying to be realistic and understand that we could lose some of them.

Nothing is worse than turning on the tv and telling yourself you’re about to watch a for-sure Husker win and then you get punched in the gut with reality.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey as long as we beat Iowa right.....:L:L:L:hellno:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 should be possible, with 6 likely. 8 is long shot and 9 is no way.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as of today I'm feeling 7-5.

I just want to see good competitive football. When we are losing to changes be made during the games.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My livers prediction

C688369B-85F3-4F4B-A2E7-FECBF6B72A95.jpeg

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello plorsters, hope y'all are having a swell summer. The season inches closer and there's nothing more fun than unscientific speculation, so here's a possible gander at the 2018 season:

9/1 Akron - W 35-12
Skers have the typical first-week blunders but build more confidence in one game than the entirety of last season.
9/8 Colorado - W 28-24
Close game with a wild finish and an old-school feel.
9/15 Troy - W 49-7
Solid momentum-building and a resurgence of playing with swagger.
9/22 @Michigan - L 38-24
A well-coached Michigan snuffs out Nebraska's weaknesses. Learning experience for the team, but sticking around til the end reflects the attitude of a Frost-lead team.
9/29 Purdue - W 34-14
Mistakes patched up, cleaner football, fewer turnovers.
10/6 @Wisconsin - L 24-21
Close matchup as usual, but the Badgers are better prepared than a team with first-season leadership.
10/13 @Northwestern - W 31-17
Wildcats hang tight but the Huskers don't break.
10/20 Minnesota - W 42 - 20
Nebraska displays an explosive side.
11/3 @Ohio State - L 31-14
The Bucks are tough to overcome, especially in front of a Columbus crowd.
11/10 Illinois - W 30-13
Yep.
11/17 Michigan State - W 38-21
Mhm.
11/23 @Iowa - W 31-21
Few punishments are worse than losing to Iowa. Huskers pull through.

9-3 is definitely optimistic, but certainly not unfeasible for a Scott Frost staff that retained familiar faces from UCF, making the transition process into a new role at Nebraska relatively smooth for the first season. A bowl win caps a solid 10-win 2018 season, and the bar is raised to promising levels for the program.

Thoughts?

:doobs:

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will call 6 wins and a bowl game a success. Anything above a 6 win season is just icing on the cake for me in year 1