• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington State's Mike Leach speaks out on World Series

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach says there are too many Cubs fans and he hopes Cleveland wins
Mike Leach says there are too many Cubs fans and he hopes Cleveland wins

mike-leach.jpg

BubbleHead

Hoopla Cash
$ 81.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon for sure. I hope the tribe takes it.
I have family in Illinois who are legit 80 yr old lifelong Cubs fans. Have one of the old school satellite dishes in their yard that has been painted to be the Cubs emblem. So it's nice for them but I couldn't understand all these cubs fans being in Nashville.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have family in Illinois who are legit 80 yr old lifelong Cubs fans. Have one of the old school satellite dishes in their yard that has been painted to be the Cubs emblem. So it's nice for them but I couldn't understand all these cubs fans being in Nashville.
I would think Nashville would have more Cincy and Atlanta fans than anything ... unless there's a crap load of Chicago transplants there.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Nashville would have more Cincy and Atlanta fans than anything ... unless there's a crap load of Chicago transplants there.
I've lived in Nashville basically my entire life (27 short years) and the most common MLB teams I see represented around here are the Braves and Cardinals. I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen a Cubs fan/gear, so hearing that many fans were downtown is kinda surprising.

BubbleHead

Hoopla Cash
$ 81.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived in Nashville basically my entire life (27 short years) and the most common MLB teams I see represented around here are the Braves and Cardinals. I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen a Cubs fan/gear, so hearing that many fans were downtown is kinda surprising.
It was around Broadway so lots of tourists I'm sure. It was Saturday so lots of people were also in college gear. Saw more bammers than Vols and I know that can't be true.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really because nobody likes Cleveland, I mean I've never heard anybody say "I'm going to Cleveland for vacation".

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was around Broadway so lots of tourists I'm sure. It was Saturday so lots of people were also in college gear. Saw more bammers than Vols and I know that can't be true.
Vol fans are in hiding right now after that ass whooping (and also had a bye Saturday), but there are a good deal of Bama fans around here. I've been on Broadway on weekends and it's just too loud and busy for me. A lot of hotties though so that's nice. My uncle was a bouncer at the Swingin' Doors, which is a nice little place.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f7FdEdG.jpg

I was in Nashville at the bars this past weekend, Cubs fans everywhere. Nashville! WTF are that many cubs fans doing in Nashville?

He really is. T-Shirt fans are the worst. Especially in baseball.

Ruins it for the lifers who were born in a cubs onesie.

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of Card fans in Tennessee esp the western half, probably more Braves to the east

when Saturn came in and built the auto plant south of Nashville, they got a lot of Detroit transfers, but they seemed more interested in Hockey than Baseball, with it being NHL not AAA like our baseball team here, plus the redwings were in the same division as the preds for the first few years

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really because nobody likes Cleveland, I mean I've never heard anybody say "I'm going to Cleveland for vacation".

OK, now you have heard it.

My Sister in Law is from Cleveland. She loves, loves, loves baseball. She lives in Denver area, loves the Rockies and Broncos. But the Cleveland Indians are her team.

Where does my brother take her once per year? Cleveland for a baseball game trip. Bonus points for double header baseball weekends.

BTW, she is too good for my brother.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there are bandwagons obviously just like any other sport but people wanna see the Cubs finally win the WS! I hope so!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland sealed their fate when they didn't allow Charlie Sheen to throw out the 1st pitch. Cubs in 6.