• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washing a black car

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been reading alot on this. ive seen things from using putty bars to remove surfactants

using colored waxes
using polishes

using colored waxes and polishes to hide inperfections/scratches.

anyone with any input/advice

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to a local car wash

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never wash it in direct sunlight.

Colored waxes and polishes ????? You shouldn't need either if the paint is good.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paints good

If it's clear coat....it's clear. No need for colored waxes.
Water softener if you can afford it. eliminate the water spots before you even start.
Micro fiber drying clothes if you cannot. A few of them. One for soaking up the majority of the water, one for the streaks left behind. One in each hand. An extra in case you drop one.
Wash from the top down, dry from the top down. If the car is drying faster than you can wipe, you can re mist an area.
Clay bar removes contaminates to prevent the from creating more scratches. Polish will remove fine scratches, wax after for protection. A detailing spray for spot cleaning and in between.

Of course, quality wash mits, soap and double bucket. One bucket of soapy water, one just water. Soak mit in soapy water then scrub a section of the car. dunk mit in clean water to remove contaminants, back in soapy bucket, repeat.

Mothers, Meguires...or Griots.

Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My black mustang was a pain in the ass. I'll never buy another black car. Was bad ass when it was clean. But go around the block and your fucked. My wash routine took all day

Meguir's wash/wax probably 2-3 buckets. Do wheels and pipes first then fresh bucket for the paint

Microfiber towel dry

Meguir's ultimate spray detailer used as lube for clay bar. Would clay the entire hood, front fenders and roof. Doors and rear sometimes but not always bad.

Dr. Colorchip for small rock chips.

And every season I would machine polish
Swirl remover
Polish
Wax
High dollar Wolfgang shit from autogeek.com

Loved how it looked when done. Never seemed to last more than a day. I'll never buy another black car lol. Haven't washed my red car in a month...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I wash my S4, it sits outside afterwords as the 2 bay garage is full.

And before the day is done I get these smallish orange dots all over randomly spaced.

At first I thought it was pollen, but turns out it's bee shit or something along those lines.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's clear coat....it's clear. No need for colored waxes.
Water softener if you can afford it. eliminate the water spots before you even start.
Micro fiber drying clothes if you cannot. A few of them. One for soaking up the majority of the water, one for the streaks left behind. One in each hand. An extra in case you drop one.
Wash from the top down, dry from the top down. If the car is drying faster than you can wipe, you can re mist an area.
Clay bar removes contaminates to prevent the from creating more scratches. Polish will remove fine scratches, wax after for protection. A detailing spray for spot cleaning and in between.

Of course, quality wash mits, soap and double bucket. One bucket of soapy water, one just water. Soak mit in soapy water then scrub a section of the car. dunk mit in clean water to remove contaminants, back in soapy bucket, repeat.

Mothers, Meguires...or Griots.

Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

A well laid out plan.

I use Speedo swim towels for my dry downs. Work exceptionally well. Roll one up and put it in a glass of water, it soaks up 100% of it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I wash my S4, it sits outside afterwords as the 2 bay garage is full.

And before the day is done I get these smallish orange dots all over randomly spaced.

At first I thought it was pollen, but turns out it's bee shit or something along those lines.
f that

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My black mustang was a pain in the ass. I'll never buy another black car. Was bad ass when it was clean. But go around the block and your fucked. My wash routine took all day

Meguir's wash/wax probably 2-3 buckets. Do wheels and pipes first then fresh bucket for the paint

Microfiber towel dry

Meguir's ultimate spray detailer used as lube for clay bar. Would clay the entire hood, front fenders and roof. Doors and rear sometimes but not always bad.

Dr. Colorchip for small rock chips.

And every season I would machine polish
Swirl remover
Polish
Wax
High dollar Wolfgang shit from autogeek.com

Loved how it looked when done. Never seemed to last more than a day. I'll never buy another black car lol. Haven't washed my red car in a month...
thats simiar to what i did minues the claybar, no quick wax after washing?