• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washaun Ealey released...

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ealey has been granted an unconditional release from Georgia. Richt said that after several weeks of discussions he and Ealey agreed that he & UGA should part ways.

Rumor is that he's been seen looking overweight on campus. Also rumored is that a transfer to Georgia Southern is likely. Statesboro is only 30 miles from his hometown, and transfering to a FCS team would mean that he could play in this coming season. (whereas at an FBS school, he'd need to sit a year)

Ealey, of course, has been in trouble a few times, but it seems like it was mainly an attitude problem. Most recently it was said that he didn't like the changes made in the S&C program. Apparently JTII was working him a little too hard:Cry:. Players & coaches have said that the program is much more intense and is showing results.

I say don't let the door hit you on the way out. I hope he finds success on & off the field, but I'm glad that he's gone. If you won't buy into the system and/or you don't want to be at Georgia, then don't waste anymore time. Leave now.

Paging Isaiah Crowell...

You are needed in the backfield immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, Crowell has to be ready. He doesn't have the luxury of splitting time with Thomas Brown like Knowshon did. All we have is Caleb King:(
Although Malcome did look great in the spring game. Hopefully he can take some of the load.
I really thought Ealey would be fine when I saw him his first year but he dropped off bad. Arguably cost us 2 games. He's gonna be great at Southern

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have Caleb King, Carlton Thomas, Ken (Boo) Malcome and a few lesser known guys.

Unless King really impresses the coaches, I expect Isaiah Crowell, Carlton Thomas & Ken Malcome to be the main guys. Crowell can do a little bit of everything, but he's not really a power back, that's where Malcome comes in. I think together, Malcome & Crowell can be a great tandem.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Southern doesn't want him...
Georgia Southern says it won’t talk to Ealey | DogBytes Online

And get this, Ealey says he is leaving because he wants to be the "premier" back & doesn't want to share time or compete for position!
Washaun Ealey: ‘I want to be a premier back’ and not ‘have to share backfield’ | UGA sports blog

Ealey:
"I'm a person where I want to be a premier back. If I was to play here, I would have had to share the backfield with Caleb and Carlton also. Then they were going to try to give the freshman, Isaiah, his chance. He probably was going to get some carries at the beginning of the year, too. I just felt like I didn't want to be in that mix of things anymore."

I'm beginning to think that he was asked to leave.

You take that attitude with you wherever go, but you won't go far.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^
wow....and I actually thought he personally thought he should transfer for more playing time(which made sense) It really gets annoying when you see people with any talent at all whatsoever wasting it by a bad attitude.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be more bad news. It's just rumor right now, but Caleb King may be academically ineligible.

Last edited by a moderator: