• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors vs Nuggets

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are absoluely correct - and here is the thing. Denver was not a good team to begin with and was extremely over-rated. I pointed this out on the cbs boards months ago when they went on that fabulous winning streak.

Denver had the good fortune of about 17 of their games being against teams that were playing the second game in a back to back. The translated to the team not arriving into Denver until after midnight, being exhausted and no time to adjust to the altitude.

George Karl is one hell of a coach and he did will for the bucket of horse crap that he was dealt with because the talent on that team is not that good and they did overacheive substantually.

I wouldn't go so far to say Denver isn't a good team. We had a 3 seed and won 57 games over the course of the season. Back to backs, altitude, ect or not, they were a decent team.

Were they as good as you would expect a 3 seed to be? Nope. We ran into a buzzsaw with a hot team and our weaknesses were exposed. I think the team is close if we had a couple elements as stated previously.

and for the record, Karl didn't just fall into a bucket of crap as you state. He and GM Ujiri built this team man by man.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go so far to say Denver isn't a good team. We had a 3 seed and won 57 games over the course of the season. Back to backs, altitude, ect or not, they were a decent team.

Were they as good as you would expect a 3 seed to be? Nope. We ran into a buzzsaw with a hot team and our weaknesses were exposed. I think the team is close if we had a couple elements as stated previously.

and for the record, Karl didn't just fall into a bucket of crap as you state. He and GM Ujiri built this team man by man.

Take a really close look at their record on the road. Watch the playoffs closely and then compare the road records for the teams that actually win and are expected to win. That is the same reason I gave the Lakers no chance at all in these playoffs. No team with a losing record on the road is going to win a championship

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was simple and I tried to tell you guys earlier. Nuggets are a good team but their record is skewed because of their home court advantage. they are two dimensional team. they force TO's, grad off rebounds and run. What they do good is easy to stop. not Karl's fault his team is limited. Buying into the Nuggets was and has been fools gold.

Fools gold all of the way - they over-acheived and simply were not good as evidenced by their record on the road which was 19-22. Miami who is expected to in are 29-12, The Spurs are 23-18 and the Thunder are 26-15. In Vegas I would be betting for a Thunder vs Miami finals if Westbrook was healthy. Without him, I am not so sure

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a really close look at their record on the road. Watch the playoffs closely and then compare the road records for the teams that actually win and are expected to win. That is the same reason I gave the Lakers no chance at all in these playoffs. No team with a losing record on the road is going to win a championship
I agree, but there's not an educated Nugget fan out there that truely believed we had any shot at winning a championship, especially after Gallinari went down. To say a team isn't "good" because they don't win a Championship is untrue IMO.

Most of us just want to get out of the first round!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was simple and I tried to tell you guys earlier. Nuggets are a good team but their record is skewed because of their home court advantage. they are two dimensional team. they force TO's, grad off rebounds and run. What they do good is easy to stop. not Karl's fault his team is limited. Buying into the Nuggets was and has been fools gold.

how so? Did he not build this team? He certainly didn't try to keep Melo or JR here..

This is GK's team.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fools gold all of the way - they over-acheived and simply were not good as evidenced by their record on the road which was 19-22. Miami who is expected to in are 29-12, The Spurs are 23-18 and the Thunder are 26-15. In Vegas I would be betting for a Thunder vs Miami finals if Westbrook was healthy. Without him, I am not so sure

The Warriors were also 19-22 on the road, but they beat the Nuggets in Denver, where they had the best home record in the league, once by 14 and narrowly lost another by only 2 there.

I think you're reading too much into something you see as a distinction, when in fact 19-22 on the road isn't really that bad. Most NBA teams shoot for .500 on the road.

D-Pizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how so? Did he not build this team? He certainly didn't try to keep Melo or JR here..

This is GK's team.

Melo and JR didn't want to be in Denver. Is he the GM? Not his fault that Nugs fans felt that this team is/was better than they actually are. He did a good job of coaching the guys he has. The have play well. Not his fault

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo and JR didn't want to be in Denver. Is he the GM? Not his fault that Nugs fans felt that this team is/was better than they actually are. He did a good job of coaching the guys he has. The have play well. Not his fault

No fucking shit? Well Karl didn't want them either. He's on the record saying they didn't fit his style of play. Same with Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby.

If you think the GM has all the authority and say in what happens then your a fool.

And what in the hell do Nuggets fans have to do with the way the team plays? :lame:

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTEwingsauce7
Most of us just want to get out of the first round!
[/QUOTE]

By "Most of us " you mean Denver fans of course? What a pathetic thing to say to be content with just making it to the dance. ..but its Denver we're talking about ...they are not used to winning after all.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was a fun series to watch. Expect both teams to get even better next year.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "Most of us " you mean Denver fans of course? What a pathetic thing to say to be content with just making it to the dance. ..but its Denver we're talking about ...they are not used to winning after all.[/QUOTE]

one

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "Most of us " you mean Denver fans of course? What a pathetic thing to say to be content with just making it to the dance. ..but its Denver we're talking about ...they are not used to winning after all.
Anyone can take parts of a post out of context but, when you've been bounced out of round one 9 out of the last 10 years, you gotta start somewhere.

Maybe when your team has 10 dozen championship banners hanging from the rafters like your team does, you don't understand the Nuggets fan's mentality?