• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors vs Nuggets

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Jesus prayer by The Warriors.

Now they cannot be beat.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver had the game in their hands when they were down by 2 with the ball.........but this GS team is something special. They play unselfish, and they have decent to good bigs for a change of pace. Also, 1 thing that I think Denver will never realize is you NEED that superstar(s) to bail you out when things break down. Curry is just plain out of his mind and has been for most of the season. Don't think they can beat SA, but their best chance at stealing a game will be game 1.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl seems like a cool person. However, his coaching philosophy speaks for itself. His teams lose a lot in the first round. I thought GSW was the perfect matchup for them since GSW was new to the playoffs. I was pretty sure GSW would eventually lose the series on some bone headed plays. Denver couldn't even beat them so what team does anyone think they would have beat in a series?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver had the game in their hands when they were down by 2 with the ball.........but this GS team is something special. They play unselfish, and they have decent to good bigs for a change of pace. Also, 1 thing that I think Denver will never realize is you NEED that superstar(s) to bail you out when things break down. Curry is just plain out of his mind and has been for most of the season. Don't think they can beat SA, but their best chance at stealing a game will be game 1.

So they have a better chance of beating San Antonio in San Antonio then they do at winning 1 of the 2 home games?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl seems like a cool person. However, his coaching philosophy speaks for itself. His teams lose a lot in the first round. I thought GSW was the perfect matchup for them since GSW was new to the playoffs. I was pretty sure GSW would eventually lose the series on some bone headed plays. Denver couldn't even beat them so what team does anyone think they would have beat in a series?

They play one way, if you can stop them from running, then you have a really good chance.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they have a better chance of beating San Antonio in San Antonio then they do at winning 1 of the 2 home games?

No, what I'm saying is out of the 1st 2 away games, their best chance at stealing 1 is that 1st game. It may not happen, but I've seen plenty of times when the better team just got too much rest and the lesser team was just in a better rhythm because they played just recently.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think curry next season will average his 2nd half numbers.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State has to have the lowest basketball IQ of any team I've ever seen.

MAN are they fun to watch.

I think a lot of their mistakes is due to being a really young team. No excuse for Jarrett Jack, though, he really looked tired out there tonight (i bet having to absorb some of David Lee's playing time is wearing him down)

Turnovers have been a huge problem for the W's all season.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they could beat the Spurs in a playoff series (yet!) but I'll still root like hell for them.

They have a short bench with Lee hurt and the Spurs are just too experienced and defensively sound to let the Warriors shoot like Denver did.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It might be possible Spurs have been lulled into a little overconfidence by sweeping LA so easily. That might allow Warriors to steal game 1. Anyone who picks against the Spurs looks like a fool lately but there's almost no way Warriors could have that many turnovers again after they get a few days off and Jackson preaches the fundamentals to them again. At this point it just looks dumb to even think the Warriors have a chance in the 2nd round. But that's why they play the games!

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be possible Spurs have been lulled into a little overconfidence by sweeping LA so easily. That might allow Warriors to steal game 1. Anyone who picks against the Spurs looks like a fool lately but there's almost no way Warriors could have that many turnovers again after they get a few days off and Jackson preaches the fundamentals to them again. At this point it just looks dumb to even think the Warriors have a chance in the 2nd round. But that's why they play the games!

(1) Why are you hiding this post over here?

(2) I don't think it's dumb at all. In fact, that's the point of my raising the issue repeatedly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I'm saying is out of the 1st 2 away games, their best chance at stealing 1 is that 1st game. It may not happen, but I've seen plenty of times when the better team just got too much rest and the lesser team was just in a better rhythm because they played just recently.

Ok now this makes sense and I agree with you but considering the fact that they have lost 29 straight in San Antonio, the chances of winning any game there is very slim.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to GS. You are clearly the better team. Kind of hard to watch the Nuggs terrible shooting. 35% from the field and 61% from the line. Fuckin pathetic.

This team needs to finally dump Karl. Great guy and great story, but losing 9 of 10 first round series' since coming here doesn't cut it.

Someone in the front office needs to find a fuckin shooter!

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the front office needs to find a fuckin shooter!

It's odd to me how this is always the knee-jerk response by people, for solving whatever problem a team apparently has.

I hear it constantly from Lakers fans.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd to me how this is always the knee-jerk response by people, for solving whatever problem a team apparently has.

I hear it constantly from Lakers fans.

Really? What's odd about the statement? Have you seen Denver play this year? Our best shooter is Danillo Gallinari who was hurt for this series. We are a poor free throw shooting team let alone jump-shots.

Knee jerk? I think not.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? What's odd about the statement? Have you seen Denver play this year? Our best shooter is Danillo Gallinari who was hurt for this series. We are a poor free throw shooting team let alone jump-shots.

Knee jerk? I think not.

It's odd to say the Nuggets, in particular, need a shooter because:

(1) As you stated, they already have guys that can knock down the 3-ball, i.e. Gallinari (.373 3FG% this season), Chandler (.413 ), and Lawson (.366). Also, they already have young guys who can shoot, i.e. Fournier (.407) and Hamilton (.370). Further, the Nuggets were 11th in 3FG% this season.

(2) What they need is actually a go-to guy. Old ass Andre Miller ain't gonna cut it.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(2) What they need is actually a go-to guy. Old ass Andre Miller ain't gonna cut it.

Additionally, what they need a whole lot more than a shooter is, they need an interior post threat on offense. McGee, Koufos, and even Faried are not that guy right now. This would help make the defense collapse in the halfcourt set, where the Nuggets tend to suffer. Especially since I doubt they're going to blow up their team for a go-to guy, I'd urge the Nuggets to develop their bigs as best they can.

:2cents:

D-Pizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was simple and I tried to tell you guys earlier. Nuggets are a good team but their record is skewed because of their home court advantage. they are two dimensional team. they force TO's, grad off rebounds and run. What they do good is easy to stop. not Karl's fault his team is limited. Buying into the Nuggets was and has been fools gold.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd to say the Nuggets, in particular, need a shooter because:

(1) As you stated, they already have guys that can knock down the 3-ball, i.e. Gallinari (.373 3FG% this season), Chandler (.413 ), and Lawson (.366). Also, they already have young guys who can shoot, i.e. Fournier (.407) and Hamilton (.370). Further, the Nuggets were 11th in 3FG% this season.

This team does need a go to guy, which to me would be a pure shooting G that can hit a clutch 3 to stop the bleeding when needed. We are deep at the F position and it's nice when you can get jump shots from them, but we are very weak at the Guard position.

In any case, it's pretty obvious Karl's half court package isn't made for the playoffs as evidenced by all the one and dones we have had.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knee jerk? I think not.

You are absoluely correct - and here is the thing. Denver was not a good team to begin with and was extremely over-rated. I pointed this out on the cbs boards months ago when they went on that fabulous winning streak.

Denver had the good fortune of about 17 of their games being against teams that were playing the second game in a back to back. The translated to the team not arriving into Denver until after midnight, being exhausted and no time to adjust to the altitude.

George Karl is one hell of a coach and he did will for the bucket of horse crap that he was dealt with because the talent on that team is not that good and they did overacheive substantually.

For you I expect you're feeling like :gaah: