• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors are the luckiest team in history

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the right call, but there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the original charging call, imo.

Basically, the refs ultimately made the right call the wrong way, if that makes sense. lol

How much does the ability to review impact the initial call?

Meaning, before this was able to be reviewed would they have called it a block all along if there was doubt ? Was it only called a charge because they knew they had the ability to review it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FACT is you don’t have indisputable, definite determination to REVERSE that call.

This is correct. Blocking was the right call. But the evidence wasn't clear enough to change the original charge call.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does the ability to review impact the initial call?

Meaning, before this was able to be reviewed would they have called it a block all along if there was doubt ? Was it only called a charge because they knew they had the ability to review it?

I'm not sure.

If I understand the rule correctly, they couldn't review whether it was a charge or block.

But, if they are reviewing whether or not the defender was outside of the restricted area or not and find that it was actually a block rather than a charge, they can change it.

Which is pretty stupid, imo.

So, I think the answer may well be that they called the charge so they could get the review.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure.

If I understand the rule correctly, they couldn't review whether it was a charge or block.

But, if they are reviewing whether or not the defender was outside of the restricted area or not and find that it was actually a block rather than a charge, they can change it.

Which is pretty stupid, imo.

So, I think the answer may well be that they called the charge so they could get the review.

Exactly. It’s like letting the play go in the NFL because you know it can be reversed if the runner is down. If it’s close and they call it a block, it’s over. If they call it a charge, they can review - even if they have to stretch the review rules to do so.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love only played because it's the Finals. He was rushed through the concussion protocol.

Pretty sure that would be illegal. In fact, he didn't come back earlier because the league won't allow them to rush the concussion protocol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, that's my mistake. At any rate, he's still at best their 5th most important player.

Talent wise, he may not even be there 5th most important player.

However, because of the system they play, in his own way, he's as important as anyone.

Don't get me wrong, if the Warriors could choose to be missing one player out of KD, Steph, Klay, Dray or Iggy. They're reluctantly picking Iggy.

But he is very important to what they do and there is a clear difference in how they play when he's there vs. when he isn't.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only had a "right" to review it because of their own incompetence.
So what you're saying is even if they make the wrong call - you don't want them to review plays and correct the bad calls?

You couldn't possibly think that the ref's are going to get every call correct every single time. No one is that stupid

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is even if they make the wrong call - you don't want them to review plays and correct the bad calls?

You couldn't possibly think that the ref's are going to get every call correct every single time. No one is that stupid

I don't want them to review something when they have no right too, because of their own incompetence. They only went to review because they weren't sure Lebron was outside the restricted area. When something is that obvious you shouldn't go to review. It gave them an out and it was bullshit. FTR I would have called it a block, but I've seen more than enough people say it was a charge. Point is they should have stuck with the call on the court.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first of all, yes they’re extremely talented and I’m not disputing that, but I just can’t believe how lucky these guys get.

Their first title seemingly every opponent had their best player or second best player hurt.

WCF last year - looked like it was going to be a tough series...... and San Antonio would steal Home court until the clumsy idiot Zaza did his thing.

WCF this year- warriors in the ropes. Chris Paul goes down and the rockets literally run out of gas.

I assumed the game would be a blow out by the warriors tonight and didn’t watch, saw it was close, and tuned in for 5 mins to see the cavaliers get screwed on 2 calls in a tight game and the Cavs missing wide open shots.

This warrior team has a horse shoe up their asses!

Wish our rangers could have the same luck In baseball

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had the right to review it - No rules were broken - The spoke about that last night.

Who spoke? The refs? They will still up for each other lol. The play is a judgment call, for them to reverse it in that point in time is crazy. It was bang bang.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just ashame a call that the refs have to be talked about in the Finals game. It was one of the best games I have seen in awhile. The refs do not decide games but they definitely can change the outcome. I thought Game 7 of the WCF was worse. I dont have any problem with missed calls bc it’s part of the game and not one person is perfect but when you have time to review it (shouldn’t have happened) and reverse it.

Can you imagine if MJ got a charge call reversed? LOL It never happened and wouldn’t.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want them to review something when they have no right too, because of their own incompetence. They only went to review because they weren't sure Lebron was outside the restricted area. When something is that obvious you shouldn't go to review. It gave them an out and it was bullshit. FTR I would have called it a block, but I've seen more than enough people say it was a charge. Point is they should have stuck with the call on the court.
I don't want to get fat when I eat too much either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t matter. The ref is right there he sees the restricted zone, the play is NOT reviewable for judgment plays. Fact.

Yes and no. You are correct that the block/charge on it's own is not reviewable. However, the restricted zone is reviewable. Once they decide to review that, they are allowed to change the original call if they discover that it was blocking.

Had the original call been blocking, they would not have been able to review the call.

If you look at it from a "trying to get the call right" perspective, they actually handled it the best way possible.

They got the call right, it was blocking. But, I don't think it should have been changed because I don't think it was clear enough to actually change the call.

Something tells me that if the situation happened the other way around, you wouldn't be bitching about the call.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is lucky. His main competition the last 8 years have been the Chicago Bulls. How often were they healthy and at full strength?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt the same Iggy as Finals MVP. Which I was referring to, not close actually

Curious as to how. Can you point out any statistics in the playoffs suggesting he's far and away the player that he was his Finals MVP year?