• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

War Games is coming back!

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen an actual War Games match, so this will be exciting. Undisputed Era vs Sanity vs Strong & AOP (wtf? Strong is a heel now?)

I don't know how they're going to fit two rings side by side in the arena without lowering the attendance, but it'll definitely be interesting.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen an actual War Games match, so this will be exciting. Undisputed Era vs Sanity vs Strong & AOP (wtf? Strong is a heel now?)

I don't know how they're going to fit two rings side by side in the arena without lowering the attendance, but it'll definitely be interesting.

It well

Im thinking that there are going Face/Heel/Tweener with AOP and Strong a tweener

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1992 War Games.

Must watch.

I'm also in favor of the 96 War Games, but mostly for the great drama and story telling. But you have a LOT of legends in one ring.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from an NXT Live event. Really fun and tickets 25 feet from the ring were only $20. Really good show overall. Would have been better but the Kairi Saine pirate thing was fucking weird.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...WWE is trying to wet your appetite for War Games by posting likely the worst War Games match on Youtube, the 98 Fall Brawl. I had forgotten just how shitty it is. Do yourself a favor and watch this turdfest and keep it in mind next time you want to bitch about modern wrestling being shit. It can always be worse. It could be this

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...WWE is trying to wet your appetite for War Games by posting likely the worst War Games match on Youtube, the 98 Fall Brawl. I had forgotten just how shitty it is. Do yourself a favor and watch this turdfest and keep it in mind next time you want to bitch about modern wrestling being shit. It can always be worse. It could be this

It wasn't bad until the Hogan/Warrior stuff.

Then it just went to complete shit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't bad until the Hogan/Warrior stuff.

Then it just went to complete shit.

I dunno. It was pretty shitty throughout. Just lots of punches, kicks, and slow moves. No one utilized the cage or the two rings for any neat spots. Plus, the format of the match itself was just a chaotic clusterfuck. It's teams yet every man for himself to win a title shot. WTF? And you start the match with two team members. Double WTF. Of course, that's around the time WCW started circling the toilet in general. That PPV is late 98 and I remember 99 and 00 WCW being horrendous garbage

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. It was pretty shitty throughout. Just lots of punches, kicks, and slow moves. No one utilized the cage or the two rings for any neat spots. Plus, the format of the match itself was just a chaotic clusterfuck. It's teams yet every man for himself to win a title shot. WTF? And you start the match with two team members. Double WTF. Of course, that's around the time WCW started circling the toilet in general. That PPV is late 98 and I remember 99 and 00 WCW being horrendous garbage

WCW's biggest problem with the NWO storyline was it still wasn't making great matches

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCW's biggest problem with the NWO storyline was it still wasn't making great matches

It was great for awhile. It just carried on too long and with too many incarnations of the group. Everything else in the company that was interesting (Jericho, Mysterio, Guerrero, Malenko, etc etc) got drowned out

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great for awhile. It just carried on too long and with too many incarnations of the group. Everything else in the company that was interesting (Jericho, Mysterio, Guerrero, Malenko, etc etc) got drowned out

I mean the matches themselves were usually only ok.

too much NWO interference, which was part of the point.

But when Sting/Hogan can't deliver, you know you have a quality issue.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just meant that matches themselves didn't necessarily deliver.

Look at Hogan/Sting 97 Starcade.

Part of that was because they needed that NWO renegade run with outside interference and such.

I loved 96 War Games, absolutely brilliant match and the 2 Sting thing was one of the best moments you'll have.

But you're right the undercard talent was amazing.

Malenko is one of my 3-5 favorite WCW wrestlers. He was just always producing solid matches.

And while I had his guts, so did Mysterio. Him and Guerrero at Halloween Havoc is what pro wrestling needs more of. Just non-stop action for 12-15 minutes.