• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want To Talk About Linehan And Garrett NOW!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing hard in a loss can only get you so far. Miss the playoff and you change for the sake of winning.

About those playoffs??? 7 games still left so anything can happen. This could be one of those years where 10-6 just isn't good enough. We aren't doing real well with head to heads right now. I don't know when Rodgers is coming back, but it looks like we could finish with similar records to the Pack, Falcons, Rams. Of course like I said 7 weeks left - the Eagles could lose out.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About those playoffs??? 7 games still left so anything can happen. This could be one of those years where 10-6 just isn't good enough. We aren't doing real well with head to heads right now. I don't know when Rodgers is coming back, but it looks like we could finish with similar records to the Pack, Falcons, Rams. Of course like I said 7 weeks left - the Eagles could lose out.

I am just so tired of our head coach. He hasn't showed me anything to suggest he is very good. He can motivated but the game is about X's and O's and he doesn't seem to grasp that you need to moves those depending on situations. Add the fact that his in game management seems to be lacking as well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain convinced Garrett is the 3rd best coach this organization has ever had.
This team's since of entitlement before Garrett was flat out sickening

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys offense has become dependent on Zeke's contributions and have neglected the downfield passing attack. Now that Zeke is suspended the offense looks out of sync.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten and Dez aren't the forces they once were and the running attack without Zeke looks abysmal.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain convinced Garrett is the 3rd best coach this organization has ever had.
Garrett is the right coach Monday through Saturday, Sunday not so much.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most never credit the good on Sunday.
Case & point, The Kansas City game. Dallas is up 14-3, then the total defensive misplay before half, followed by the opening KC drive to start the second half and Dallas is down 17-14. Whole lotta teams woulda been second guessing and looking around at each other. Dallas played a near perfect game from that point on both sides of the ball and won 28-17. I gotta give the head coach some love for keeping his team focused.

Dallas plays hard for 60 minutes each week, very few teams in this league do and this team no longer points fingers at each other. That is coaching from the top and deserves a mention....least to me it does.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most never credit the good on Sunday.
Case & point, The Kansas City game. Dallas is up 14-3, then the total defensive misplay before half, followed by the opening KC drive to start the second half and Dallas is down 17-14. Whole lotta teams woulda been second guessing and looking around at each other. Dallas played a near perfect game from that point on both sides of the ball and won 28-17. I gotta give the head coach some love for keeping his team focused.

Dallas plays hard for 60 minutes each week, very few teams in this league do and this team no longer points fingers at each other. That is coaching from the top and deserves a mention....least to me it does.
I won't say he's horrible, but seems week in werk out, he makes no adjustments us non coaches see plain as day.
Every good coach will have their bad days and bad coaches have some good days.
Just seems Garrett has more bad Sundays than good.
I've supported him in the past, but that support has wanned.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say he's horrible, but seems week in werk out, he makes no adjustments us non coaches see plain as day.
I'd agree if there were better coaches on every street corner. I just don't think there are

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The adjustments or the lack their of when his QB is under pressure have been going on since day one.

That is pretty much my only real issue with Garrett.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but after the first two...that ain't saying much lol

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The adjustments or the lack their of when his QB is under pressure have been going on since day one.

That is pretty much my only real issue with Garrett.
I have issues with Garrett....never said otherwise
I just remain unsure we can plug and play a better coach.

I still maintain with all the money being made, it's darn sure important you have your team dialed in and playing hard week after week. Garrett has that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree if there were better coaches on every street corner. I just don't think there are
I'll agree if Garrett was fired, there's no guarantee his replacement is better, in fact he could be worse

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excluding Parcel tenure, we had absolutely no players and couldn't get any either. We sold our soul for the ring. Got the rings and then paid the piper.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that seems to sum it up for the way I feel about him as well. He also seems to coach the players to take penalties at the worst time. They seem to wait for that moment in every drive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Garrett is an incredibly cerebral guy. He is always a big picture guy. A do things the right way and right kind of person guy. He is not impulsive and every decision is well thought out, perhaps to a fault at times. I think that lack of impulsiveness can at times cost you on Sundays. You can't rehearse or plan for every decision and when he needs to manage by the seat of his pants he doesn't do quite as well. In his mind if he spent all week working on a plan and decided it was the way to go he is reluctant to change it when it isn't working that well. There is both good and bad in this.

As far as game day management goes his time management was some of the worst I've ever seen (worse than John Doe Football fan on his couch) and highlighted his inability to make the right decision in real time when it wasn't thought out beforehand. But he is much better at that now IMO. I don't understand how this group went through the game last week without making more of an adjustment to give help to Green and there is no excuse for that. It was horrible. But, I think in general Garrett has grown into a really, really good coach. I wish he was a little better on Sundays sometimes but I think he is top 10 in the league and maybe higher, so I'm good with the bad because the good outweighs it and I also accept that I don't know everything that is going on and from my couch what looks like an easy answer sometimes isn't. It is way more complex than that. I don't think you can ever underestimate the power of getting guys to play hard for 60 minutes. We are no longer the team that folds at the end of games. Yeah we still give up the big score late sometimes but that is more a talent issue to me. We had two of our DBs finish games off recently. Jone with a pick 6 and Heath with an int. In the past those teams drive the field against us. We had a shit game last week and could see it again this week. But we had three really good games before that. Kill players and coaches for the bad, but give them credit for the good.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a darn good coach last season... It helps when you have all your players healthy.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a darn good coach last season... It helps when you have all your players healthy.
You cant keep relying on players staying healthy all year. It never happens. Good coaches overcome.