• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade wins starting job with the cavs...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lue's rotation will probably be something like this to start the season:

Rose
Wade
Crowder
Lebron
Love

Then on the first wave of subs

Rose
JR
Korver
Lebron
TT

Then on the second wave

Calderon
Wade
JR
Love
TT

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lue's rotation will probably be something like this to start the season:

Rose
Wade
Crowder
Lebron
Love

Rose
JR
Korver
Lebron
TT

Then on the second wave

Calderon
Wade
JR
Love
TT
With the durability of Rose and Wade that starting line up will likely start about 15 games together.

Reactions: LAD

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rose
Wade
Crowder
Lebron
Love

Rose
JR
Korver
Lebron
TT

Then on the second wave

Calderon
Wade
JR
Love
TT

I agree -- always have either Lebron or Wade on the court. (or Rose if Wade gets hurt)

The worst lineup is one where JR feels like he has to create. That is when it turns ugly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree -- always have either Lebron or Wade on the court. (or Rose if Wade gets hurt)

The worst lineup is one where JR feels like he has to create. That is when it turns ugly.

The big thing will try to keep Calderon and Korver off the court at the same time. If they play Calderon and Korver together teams are going to feast on them. Oh and Love into the mix too, add in whoever you like there and that will still be the worst defensive team in the league by a wide margin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted JR as a starter and Wade to lead the bench with a ton of shooters around him. Of course there will be different lineups they will experiment with but Love and Crowder are very good shooters. Not sure how they would do on the boards, they have rebounders at every position but not a ton of size up front. Crowder was a 40% shooter last year, his best of his career though, but he is only 26. Lebron also shot 36% last year so we will see how good he plays from the outside this year as well.

Crowder MIGHT be a good shooter.

40% from 3 is excellent. But, without looking at his stats I believe he was much lower (like 35%) the year before. Did he actually improve that much, or did he have a career best season? Time will tell on that. Because if Crowder is 36 or 37%, that does make a difference.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is shaping up to have a lot hinging on Isiah Thomas being healthy in May and June

Thats a lotta risk there, cause if he isnt, i dont see them as the best team in the East

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing what Lue did last night, the plan going forward seems to be that Shump will essentially be the backup PG until IT comes back.

Shump/JR/Korver/Green/TT running the "bench mob" (as named by TT).

Lue deliberately pulled Rose from the game first, so he coulld send him in for Shump and have him in there with the 2nd unit for awhile. (Which seems smart, cause eventually IT will start and Rose will be running the 2nd unit).

That's the 10-man rotation, I think, until IT comes back... then Shump gets bumped out. My guess is Cedi & Frye will round out the 12-man active roster, but neither will get many minutes.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let-me-show-you-my-shocked-face-quitmemes-com-14212859.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one additional problem with JR coming off the bench. He seems pretty pissed about it.

Some guys respond well to role changes. Smith may too in time. But, there is also a pretty good chance that he sulks and gives the team little to nothing off the bench. It is a factor that has to be considered. Some guys willingly embrace a move to the bench, some allow it to crush their productivity.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing what Lue did last night, the plan going forward seems to be that Shump will essentially be the backup PG until IT comes back.

Shump/JR/Korver/Green/TT running the "bench mob" (as named by TT).

Lue deliberately pulled Rose from the game first, so he coulld send him in for Shump and have him in there with the 2nd unit for awhile. (Which seems smart, cause eventually IT will start and Rose will be running the 2nd unit).

That's the 10-man rotation, I think, until IT comes back... then Shump gets bumped out. My guess is Cedi & Frye will round out the 12-man active roster, but neither will get many minutes.

Um, the Kings say 'wut?'

Bench Mob | Sacramento Kings

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one additional problem with JR coming off the bench. He seems pretty pissed about it.

Some guys respond well to role changes. Smith may too in time. But, there is also a pretty good chance that he sulks and gives the team little to nothing off the bench. It is a factor that has to be considered. Some guys willingly embrace a move to the bench, some allow it to crush their productivity.

With how he shot last year, he's only marginally better than Shump IMO. Any shooting guard shooting .346 can't expect to start over a future HOFer like Wade, who is still pretty effective.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how he shot last year, he's only marginally better than Shump IMO. Any shooting guard shooting .346 can't expect to start over a future HOFer like Wade, who is still pretty effective.

Agree to a point. He has to play better.

But, regardless of what his percentage is, defenses must account for him and that helps floor spacing. Part of the reason his percentage was so low is shot selection and the fact that defenses weren't leaving him open as often last year. That said, moving TT out of the starting lineup allows the Cavs to start Wade over Smith. It will work from an X and O standpoint.

I am not suggesting Smith should play more than wade, but the Cavs might get more production from both players if they started Smith and brought Wade off the bench.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be, but I just don't see much value in JR given his poor regular season last year. An 8 PER is pretty embarrassing. Wade's PER was down, but was still solidly above average. Floor spacing has never been Wade's thing, as he hasn't been a reliable 3 pt shooter ever in his career, but they can get things done in other ways, especially with Love spacing the floor as the starting center.