• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. Wake, Winston-Salem, NC, ESPN3, 12P

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even understand why Brewer snapped the ball. You can tell before the snap that WF has overloaded the right side. That play had no shot from the start because whoever is making the call (Brewer or the center) never adjusted the coverage.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you blame Brewer or Loeffler for that clusterfuck?

How can you not blame Beamer? At the end of the day, he's the one who keeps throwing Brewer out there. Brewer has absolutely no business even being on this team.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we suck.

Here are some more words: appalling, atrocious, awful, dreadful, frightful, ghastly, grisly, gruesome (also grewsome), hideous, horrendous, horrid, horrific, horrifying, lurid, macabre, monstrous, nightmare, nightmarish, shocking, terrible, terrific, alarming, bloodcurdling, dire, direful, fearful, fearsome, forbidding, formidable, frightening, gut-wrenching, hair-raising, heart-stopping, intimidating, redoubtable, scary, terrifying; abhorrent, deplorable, disagreeable, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, nauseating, noisome, obnoxious, obscene, offensive, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, sickening; abominable, evil, foul, heinous, noxious, odious, unspeakable, vile; grotesque, ugly, unsightly

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not blame Beamer? At the end of the day, he's the one who keeps throwing Brewer out there. Brewer has absolutely no business even being on this team.

soccer still sucks more than beamz tho

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loeffler and maybe even Beamer need to "miss" the bus back to Blacksburg.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
B3EsVenCQAAFwDn.jpg

And the label? I suggest "Beamerball, 2014".

Thanks for posting it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better win this one... Or Beamer might not make it back to the 'Burg.

:lm:

This is going to get ugly for someone. I fully expect to get beat handily next week by UVA.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess any further comment from me would have to be on the venting thread.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Foster all but saying this is the Offense's fault. Can't blame him if he did, but kudos for taking the high road like he's supposed to do.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bud Foster all but saying this is the Offense's fault. Can't blame him if he did, but kudos for taking the high road like he's supposed to do.

The score was 0-0 at the end of regulation. Who else are you going to blame? It's pretty clear the defenses did their jobs.

What I don't understand is the pass plays in the second overtime. If you watched any Wake Forest tape, even just that from French on the Key Play, you'd have seen that exact "stack play" on defense.

The one rule you must follow in college overtimes is not taking a sack and losing a lot of yards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even understand why Brewer snapped the ball. You can tell before the snap that WF has overloaded the right side. That play had no shot from the start because whoever is making the call (Brewer or the center) never adjusted the coverage.
Its not like they even disguised it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck balls. That was rough.

Also, wtf is this new SportsHoopla shenanigans? I'm gone for a week and we've been robustified?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We mostly definitely deserved to lose. Quite frankly, I'm glad we did. Because it annoyed me last week with how Beamer reacted to beating Duke when really, we lucked our ass off in that game. Much like that picture earlier, that attitude is a major part of the struggles with the team. You're celebrating things that we should be expected to do. It's a lazy attitude and rewards a lackluster effort. You've compromised the standards you had previously set for yourself and the results are the kind of shit we're seeing on the field. So maybe by taking this loss and not escaping with a win, this staff will actually realize they are a huge part of the problem and getting their act together to correct it. If they didn't learn anything from this, Whit should have full backing to forcibly removing them. There is ZERO excuse for that performance today.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to try to run the ball backwards on offense and throw passes right at defenders. Since everything else we do on offense doesn't work, surely we could fuck up that too and luck our way into positive yardage. What a joke. We are the laughingstock of college football. Shut out a team for 60 minutes and still lose to one of the worst teams in division 1.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to try to run the ball backwards on offense and throw passes right at defenders. Since everything else we do on offense doesn't work, surely we could fuck up that too and luck our way into positive yardage. What a joke. We are the laughingstock of college football. Shut out a team for 60 minutes and still lose to one of the worst teams in division 1.

Wake Forest's defense is pretty good. But you simply can't win a game without any points. Somebody, somewhere has to have the ability to score.

The problem is bottling up Brewer, whose skill set is backyard style football. He doesn't have an outstanding arm, he just has confidence and is reasonably accurate at short range. Take that away, and you have no offense.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck balls. That was rough.

Also, wtf is this new SportsHoopla shenanigans? I'm gone for a week and we've been robustified?

the SEC network is making it rain on hammer to pimp their faggotry just like disnay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abismal. That is all. I literally quit donating until something changes. I scrape by every month, yet donate. I can't justify that money spent this year, and I hate to say that.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Abismal. That is all. I literally quit donating until something changes. I scrape by every month, yet donate. I can't justify that money spent this year, and I hate to say that.

You can always think of it as going towards future basketball or football. They'll be needing to rebuild.