• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. Pitt, Heinz Field, 7:30P Thursday Night, ESPN

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the penalties thing - I have a crazy idea. Probably comes because I am eff'ed up on coffee right now due to the WT drinking.

Why not provide either some sort of bonus / payment or fines to the offensive coaching staff when we have < "x" amount of penalties per game? Any why stop there? Other examples: RB Coach - you want to make more money ? Then if you avg "x" yards per game when facing Power 5 teams you get "x" amount of bonus at the end of the year. Just some random / crazy ideas thought I would mention...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whit is unhappy and this may be big.

mog.gif

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unhappy about what? Other than the head coach, does Whit have a say so about the rest of the program?

Whit is king dick. Not Frank. All of the coaches are officially employees of the schools athletic dept, and in turn Whit, not CFB

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Chris Coleman on Kyle Bailey's show.....said he believe chances of Beamer hanging it up at season's end are 50/50.
:jaw:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Beamer is necessarily the problem. True, he has probably had the ultimate sat so on hiring on the offensive side the last couple years... So ultimately it's on him. But outside of Moorehead, I'm not sure if the other guys can cut the mustard. Outside of the line, the talent is obviously there.

I am starting to wonder if Brewer is the guy. He is physically limited, is very inaccurate outside of 10 yards, has some nice intangible qualities, but he has hit a ceiling and is regressing in an offense that he is clearly not comfortable in. How many times did the freshmen receivers bail him out with great catches?? That has been happening all year minus the first couple games. And wrt an earlier post, he did throw a bonehead pick in the endzone.. again! We just got lucky he was roughed. He does he best when the receivers are spread out and he just slings it around. Loeffler is to blame for that. He has not groomed the offense around Brewers strengths.

Not ready to pack it in for the year. The offensive skill players are the most promising we have had in a long time. Marshals will hopefully. Do back soon which would be huge. We are in win out mode for any chSnce in hell at an ACCCG appearance. Even then much help is needed. But a good bowl game and ending the season on a high note us well within reach. Someone's job may depend on that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whit is unhappy and this may be big.

It's getting to the point that I might be on board with any shake up Whit makes...so long as it doesn't turn off what's shaping up to be a good recruiting class. Of course, any decision would come at the end of the season so if guys like Settle, Sweat, Tolliver, etc didn't commit to us, it wouldn't matter. But if they did, I'd hope people could convince them to stay. Then again, I'm assuming this "big" thing would be on offense so it may not matter to those guys. Whatever. I'm totally projecting on nothing. I'll settle down and go sit in the corner now.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully any change would not affect these defensive studs one way or another. Defense hasn't generally been the problem. If anything, Buds boys have carried VT for the last decade minus maybe the Tyrod years. Now if Beamer goes... Maybe that changes things? Maybe if we get some semblance of an offensive staff/production, then that would make VT an even more appealing destination for these defensive guys? The players (and the potential future ones) just want to win games, a lot of them. We all know (and so do do they) that the defense alone cannot do that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a little late and havent seen cobra, heres the avi , good game

300px-Pitt-Script.svg.png

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a little late and havent seen cobra, heres the avi , good game

300px-Pitt-Script.svg.png

I'm typically around, just don't post as often as others in general.

Congrats on the win and we'll see you in blacksburg next year.:suds: