• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT vs. GT - 9/3/12

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To hunz,

I liked our safeties. Went back and watched a bunch of plays on DVR and they were in good spots. With the TO, they have run responsibility as well and get coaxed up. I think that we will be devastating against the pass this year with essentially four big cornerbacks out there that like to hit, but with the TO, they got a caught up occasionally but still looked good.

Yeah i mean i havnt had a chance to re-watch it, but from the stands it looked like they were caught out of position several times. I'll rewatch and see what i can come up with sometime this wk.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an impartial observer, while LT looked inconsistent, he still had some pretty good numbers. Given a few more weeks to develop some chemistry with the receivers and get the RBs into a rhythm, VT might have something special if the defense continues to play lights out.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooz-You still think JGW sucks too right? :rolleyes:

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he about killed god on the goal line.

or was that Bruceeeeeeee

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty drunk, but did Bruce play a good game? I thought I saw him miss multiple tackles and he was way out of position on one play.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dyrell definitely looked shaky on punt returns, he seemed super hesitant to even call a fair catch which cost us a decent amount of yardage. i can think of a few times where a fair catch would have saved us around 15 yards but instead he let it bounce for whatever reason. he cant play scared.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few comments I have.
Not being able to punch it in at the 1 was pretty bad but on first down LT dropped the snap and lost us a yard. One 2nd down we got the yard back. The third down play wasn't really designed to get to the touchdown but to set up Journell in the middle of the field.

I know a lot of say the DBs were playing bad but we weren't really giving them any favors. On a lot of the big passing plays, we weren't able to get pressure on Washington and he scrambled around a bit. You can only cover receivers for so long.

Also, I see some people asking for more easy throws. You really can't get those against Al Groh's defense. Almost every short pass we had went for little to no gain. He doesn't really blitz much and drops back eight. A lot of the guys are sitting on the short routes too.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty drunk, but did Bruce play a good game? I thought I saw him miss multiple tackles and he was way out of position on one play.

Bruce looked the most uncomfortable out of the 3 LBs handling the option. The linebackers as a group had a pretty good game overall, though. He also was the main one pressuring Washington on the eventual interception in OT. I think he gets back into rhythm after a couple more games.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was important. While LT was going 21 for 38 the RBs got a combined 17 carries. Included in that 21 for 38 was the FG game tying drive where they were playing back and giving LT some throws. LT just plain sucked passing for almost the entire game but they kept putting it in the air. It's almost like Stinespring and O'Cain went into the game determined to throw the ball around because they realized that's what cost them the Michigan game. You don't keep putting it in the hands of a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn. A good OC adjusts game to game, opponent to opponent, and IN - game. Those 2 are incapable of that because they're a couple of incompetent fucking retards

I don't remember any specific situations where LT dropped back to pass and we really should have run it instead. Maybe a couple of those bubble screens, but I was fine with the call... LT just didn't check out of it correctly when the D lined up the way they did. He was certainly having an off night, but at the same time he's our star. We weren't going to win without him. You have to ride that horse for better or worse and hope he snaps out of it. Which he finally did, thankfully.

Also remember that Holmes started off a little slow and got better as the game went along. I know you'll say they should have fed him more and he would have looked even better. Maybe, but in his first game you don't really know what to expect. I'm sure the coaches had a little more confidence in LT just because of the experience issue, bad game or not.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This coaching staff coaches like they're scared. I think they planned to limit the touches by Coleman and Holmes because they're freshman. If they ever got a Sammy Watkins type receiver they probably wouldn't even make him a starter as a freshman

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching some of highlights and holy crap did Logan Thomas fit some balls into some tight spaces. It really looked like GT D was just sitting on the short to intermediate routes. I'd like to see some thoughts of people who watched the game film though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coaching staff coaches like they're scared. I think they planned to limit the touches by Coleman and Holmes because they're freshman. If they ever got a Sammy Watkins type receiver they probably wouldn't even make him a starter as a freshman
Darren Evans and Ryan Williams beg to differ. Both started as r-FR and became the workhouse backs for their first year.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need some receivers that can create more separation. We need to run routes and plays that help them get separation. What is it called when 2 receivers criss-cross each other? That usually confuses the guys covering them. Do we ever do that?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The more I think about the GT game the more I'm getting in hate mode again with these offensive coaches of ours. They better fuckin get it together

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need some receivers that can create more separation. We need to run routes and plays that help them get separation. What is it called when 2 receivers criss-cross each other? That usually confuses the guys covering them. Do we ever do that?
Its kind of hard to tell when you watch it on TV because the stupid side view. Even when I go to games I can't not focus on the ball because TV has trained me badly.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Tyler ‏@JackInTheBox58
After watching the film I gotta give kudos to my boys upfront, Goov and Bruce. I don't make a tackle last night without them keeping me free