• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. Georgia Tech, Lane Stadium, 12PM ESPN

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that we are lucky#12 was there when MW fumbled the ball. And I am sorry we need to use only 2 backs (maybe even one) for most of the game. The fact we have 4 backs getting the ball at various times is really freaking annoying. We need a clear #1 and roll with that....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree:
On top of that we are lucky#12 was there when MW fumbled the ball. And I am sorry we need to use only 2 backs (maybe even one) for most of the game. The fact we have 4 backs getting the ball at various times is really freaking annoying. We need a clear #1 and roll with that....

:agree:

Yes! When we were effective running the last 7 years we didn't have a running by committee. I understand you want to give guys a chance, but a some point you have to realize the strengths of the team and go with it. Williams and McKenzie look better than anyone else getting the ball. Hate to say it, but Coleman looks to be the odd man out, and Edmunds is slowly recovering so we will see how he does later on this year (I'm rooting for him after that injury).

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::agree:

:agree:

Yes! When we were effective running the last 7 years we didn't have a running by committee. I understand you want to give guys a chance, but a some point you have to realize the strengths of the team and go with it. Williams and McKenzie look better than anyone else getting the ball. Hate to say it, but Coleman looks to be the odd man out, and Edmunds is slowly recovering so we will see how he does later on this year (I'm rooting for him after that injury).
I don't think RBs are the issue.

Running backs not named Williams and McKenzie only had 4 carries. Edmunds had 2 good runs of 6 and 4 yards, OL push is the issue not RB imo. First off, OL are getting pushed back, are on the ground or fail to get to the second level on the double team. In the zone blocking scheme, if the OL on the double team of the DL can't get off the DL and into the second level, LB will sitting in the hole for an easy tackle.

I'm just sad I drank too much of the Brewer koolaid.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Brewer will be OK. There certainly is no quit in him. The best was when he recovered Shai McKenzie's fumble and took it in for a touchdown.

He made a few rookie mistakes, and they finally caught up with him. He's been intercepted in every game, but I think he finally learned that it can cost him. That last interception was completely unnecessary.

I like that he's opened up the offense -- pretty critical, since there is effectively no running game. Without a quick arm, VT would have nothing. He's allowed some of these receivers to shine.

I think Brewer's issues can be addressed, if Loeffler can work with him on avoiding trouble spots on the field and going for higher percentage throws. It would be nice if there was a functioning running game. The O-line needs to works some thinks out. Curses on LSU for stealing Grimes before he had his system in place.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not an Xs and Os kind of guy when it comes to the zone blocking scheme..

But can someone remind or tell me why we are even doing this?? What happened to the days when you just lined up in an I and ran the ISO and Off Tackle play?? Why over complicate things.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with 7 TD passes, 1 rushing TD and 8 INTs has that certain block of the fan base started calling for Leal yet? FWIW, at this point last season LT3 had 4 TD passes, 6 INTs and 2 rushing TDs.

I'm still on board with Brewer, but he needs to tighten up...a lot of his picks are from getting forced into bad spots by shitty OL play, but he has got to make better decisions.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with 7 TD passes, 1 rushing TD and 8 INTs has that certain block of the fan base started calling for Leal yet? FWIW, at this point last season LT3 had 4 TD passes, 6 INTs and 2 rushing TDs.

I'm still on board with Brewer, but he needs to tighten up...a lot of his picks are from getting forced into bad spots by shitty OL play, but he has got to make better decisions.

I'm no football mind, but Brewer's issue seems to be a bad reaction to pressure. It's ok to take a sack. This is VT football, we don't expect a high powered offense. This, "oh shit, pressure's coming, chuck it up for grabs", reaction needs to be taken care of.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious Brewer has some work to do to control the INTs as well as work on his deep ball.

I am surprised we don't run out of the Power I under center in some circumstances such as the 3rd and 1. Is our OL that bad that we can't gain a yard out of that formation?