• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT vs. Boston College, Lane Stadium, 12:30P, ESPN3

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/hokie5284

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 52s 53 seconds ago

7. 90% of the seniors can't stand Frank and don't want to be at VT anymore and don't care about making a bowl game.

4. Frank held a vote to bring Stanford back, seniors voted no, he brought him back anyways.

These two seem related...

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a hard time believing all of this is true, but if so, then Whit needs to make changes right after the UVA game.

Yea, be careful what you believe via hearsay, but I do believe Whit knows that he needs to be looking for a replacement, and when he finds the right one he needs to act.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud has won us many games in the past, even OSU this year, but he's also hurt us quite a bit this year too. Our safeties, especially Jarrett, aren't helping him out at all but he's been ridiculously aggressive all year and we've been burnt by it a lot. It's not even necessary either. Like we're not going to implode if he leaves a safety in the middle for a couple of plays.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bud has won us many games in the past, even OSU this year, but he's also hurt us quite a bit this year too. Our safeties, especially Jarrett, aren't helping him out at all but he's been ridiculously aggressive all year and we've been burnt by it a lot. It's not even necessary either. Like we're not going to implode if he leaves a safety in the middle for a couple of plays.

Exactly.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, it took me until this morning to realize that our offense did enough to win this game. Our defense really did let us down. It's a weird feeling after the past few weeks where our offense underperformed so badly

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud is the man. But he can be a little too aggressive at times.

Not trying to MMQB, but on that dagger TD run by Murphy, I think there was at least 5 rushing, maybe 6. If we play zone at the 1st down marker we might get the ball back. Giving up 8 yards there = punt...

Then again... The DL hasn't been able to consistently get pressure without bringing an extra guy. Murphy might have just stood in the pocket for 10 seconds there just waiting on someone to get open???

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The undersized d-line issue we have I think results in Bud trying to over compensate. Someone mentioned that potentially losing true DT (i.e. WH) would be an issue - I agree. We have always struggled on OL. But our bread and butter has been our D. When we have no push because of a lack of recruiting success on D - it shows.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had a depressing realization yesterday...for the first time since i have been following VT football, I was not mad after a loss. This season has gotten me to a point where a win would surprise me, and a loss is feeling more and more like the norm. I never thought I'd see the day

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/hokie5284

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 52s 53 seconds ago

7. 90% of the seniors can't stand Frank and don't want to be at VT anymore and don't care about making a bowl game.

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 2m 2 minutes ago

6. Frank and Bud don't feel that recruiting is important? That's the sole reason we lost Darrell Taylor, along with many others

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 3m 3 minutes ago

5. Stanford has stated to multiple players and staff, he doesn't like playing for white coaches, as he walked out on the team.

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 3m 3 minutes ago

4. Frank held a vote to bring Stanford back, seniors voted no, he brought him back anyways.

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 4m 4 minutes ago

3. Frank has lost the locker room, bud and SL got into it on Thursday, and SL/SS refused to go in the locker room at half

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 4m 4 minutes ago

2. Former players are livid with Shane, and think he is the reason we brought on the O coaches. They don't like him in the program.

Hokie5284 @hokie5284 · 5m 5 minutes ago

1. Frank and Whit got into it at Pitt, Frank went to Whit and apologized last Thursday after Miami

Well, I guess this guy's tirade didn't work out too well for him.....

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSL is almost worst then TKP. Say something that goes against the grain and you're ostracized. We could be 0-9 and those guys would be passing the buck, claiming everything is fine. God forbid you question CFB.

Edit: fwiw, I've never participated in either board. This is just my observation

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla's the best. No seriously. It is. We strike the perfect balance of reasonable and reactionary. TSL and others like it are all doom and gloom with every down. TKP, while I like it, tends to be overly positive, especially the comments (I lurk but don't have an account). It's like if you be objective over there you're an asshole for calling out a "college kid". Saying a player stunk the joint out is fine if that's what he did. That's why I like here the best. Because we can actually have a reasonable discussion without going to one extreme or the other.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about this with someone else today. I think that the reason SportsHoopla is what it is is because we all have other shit going on (careers, family, friends etc...) and so enjoy Hokie sports for what it is, fucking fun. We hate losing as much as the next guy but we aren't going to sulk all day about it. It is called perspective. I am happy that it is like that here. I am not sure how we haven't attracted the butters (aside from 757hokie83 of course) but I am glad we have.

This place reminds me of going to a Hokie bar in an out of town city, bumping into 20 guys and gals for the first time and just having fun watching the game and deciding to do it again next week. I have drank a beer with several of you and would drink a beer with the others for sure. :suds: