• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT @ UNCheat, Chapel Hill, NC, 12:30P ESPN

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would help if we ran the ball more from under center or the pistol. When the LBs and Safeties see the QB turn to hand off, it freezes them even if it isn't a handoff in the end. When in the shotgun, the QB is facing the defense the whole time on play action or run plays so I feel the defense isn't biting as hard also because the shotgun runs are usually more outside plays that the defenders have more time to react to.

Good point, but I think Lefty prefers to have Brewer in shotgun formation. Even LT played a lot more shotgun after Lefty took over. I tend to think there is more benefit to being in shotgun formation....especially when you have an O-Line that tends to miss blocks. Brewer has a couple more seconds to get set and see what is going on downfield and where the defenders are coming from. The main problem I have with the offense is the lack of a check-down receiver on most plays whether its the TE or RB. I guess we sort of had that in the Ohio State game with Malleck. Maybe Rogers needs more playing time since he's a pretty at catching the ball.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We going to start a Pitt (pre) game thread? Running out of time in a holiday week (Columbus Day... sorta holiday week) and a Thursday night tilt.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear he hopes to be back for Pitt. Still, he's not getting the carries in practice this week... Time for JC and Caleb to get some more work between Saturdays and show what they can do. I was impressed with Caleb seemingly getting upfield quicker than anyone else so far, other than maybe Edmunds. We need that more than size at this point IMHO.

Marshawn and Maddy both ruled out for Pitt... ugh