• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT @ UNCheat, Chapel Hill, NC, 12:30P ESPN

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whoever is running the game clock should be fired after this. Definitely a Carolina fan. Running the clock early when VT needs time, not running it when Carolina needs more of it (Which will be the rest of the game).

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why do they stop the clock when it's not out of bounds?

This is a slugfest out there. Will be lucky to have some players left at the end.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, someone has a voodoo doll on our RBs. Shai last week. Marshawn goes down this week. And now Edmunds apparently blows his shoulder out despite never getting hit. WTF is going on.

Despite all of that, we somehow salvage a FG to make it 27-10 with 6ish mins left. Would have loved a TD but I'm fine with the playcalling on that drive. I don't trust Brewer at all.

Also, our clock management fucking sucks. We kept snapping the ball with like 10 seconds left on the play clock.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, our clock management fucking sucks. We kept snapping the ball with like 10 seconds left on the play clock.

I noticed the same thing. I was wondering if they're afraid of false starts or something.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our coaches are morons. Why the fuck is JC in on a 3rd and 3? Put in Caleb. He's bigger and runs north/south better anyway.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST saves the day getting a turnover

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE division win on the road that i didnt see coming. Bye week coming at a perfect time too.

Still gotta cut down them penalites though, by a lot

2 more big Coastal matchups later, Miami at GT - Pitt at UVa

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the much needed W. :yahoo: And its a good thing we've got a bye week because we need it. We're coming out of this game looking like a MASH unit. Marshawn looked upbeat on the sidelines so hopefully its just an ankle sprain.

-Defense played great today. Gave up a couple of scores but one was when the offense put them in a bad spot off a turnover. The other was late in the game which I'm sure they were a little winded. Given how potent UNC can be, they did an outstanding job slowing them down. Fuller and Ekanem had huge days and the interior DL stepped up admirably.

-Offense did really well in the 1st half. Brewer protected the ball and we had some great runs. Then the wheels fell off. No idea what happened. I think its a combination of poor OL play and play calling. The OL penalties were embarrassing and killed a few drives. And then they couldn't get any blocking. Some of that is on Loeffler. UNC started playing 8 men in the box but he rarely countered with play action. I also noticed we ran a lot better with Rogers in the game but many plays we kept running 1 back sets for little to no gain. We've got a bye week to work things out. We saw we can play well in the 1st half. Just gotta stick with it.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:L Thank goodness we have depth at RB<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Trey Edmunds has a right clavicle fracture confirmed by X-rays. 6-8 week recovery time on that.</p>&mdash; VT Football (@VT_Football) <a href="">October 4, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Thank goodness we have depth at RB<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Trey Edmunds has a right clavicle fracture confirmed by X-rays. 6-8 week recovery time on that.</p>&mdash; VT Football (@VT_Football) <a href="">October 4, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Geez. This really sucks. I suppose Edmunds is eligible for a redshirt, right?

From what I've seen Joel Caleb>>>>JC Coleman. I have no idea why Coleman was getting all the carries on the last couple of drives.

Time to game plan for Brewer throwing 50 times per game. Why the hell is Bucky only getting a hand full of targets per game? What happened with Malleck?

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Coleman looked pretty good today, but Caleb looked better. Outside of the first few minutes I didn't see a lot I liked out of Juice. Hopefully he can get back for Pitt though, we will need to run the ball to give our D some rest against their running game

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. This really sucks. I suppose Edmunds is eligible for a redshirt, right?

From what I've seen Joel Caleb>>>>JC Coleman. I have no idea why Coleman was getting all the carries on the last couple of drives.

Time to game plan for Brewer throwing 50 times per game. Why the hell is Bucky only getting a hand full of targets per game? What happened with Malleck?

I agree. What I've seen of Caleb today and with his end of game carries earlier, he just looks better at RB than JC. He's basically one cut and go north, which is something we need in our backs. I'd prefer to see Caleb as RB#2 hopefully behind a fully healed Williams.

Hate for Edmunds though. He must have hurt himself on the play before and didn't feel it because I don't see how you could break it just running.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like only a couple of weeks ago when were all lamenting the fact that JC and Caleb were becoming forgotten men in the RB depth chart.

Wait, that was two weeks ago. WTF happened? Glad we were like nine deep there. Did we hire new trainers or something? I've never seen a Hokie team this beat up before.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense only scored like 13 points not off turnovers and gifted UNC 7 points. Bleh.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the W but offense was pretty awful outside the 1st quarter.

Offense only scored like 13 points not off turnovers and gifted UNC 7 points. Bleh.

This is true but they do deserve some credit for holding onto the ball for 41:03 of game time. Gotta think that was the game plan and a big reason we won by 3 scores. Dont wanna get into a shootout against UNC

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of UNC, werent they picked by most people to win the Coastal? Are they even gonna make a bowl game?

They're 2-3 now. Up next: @ ND, GT, @ UVA. I see 3 more losses there.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of UNC, werent they picked by most people to win the Coastal? Are they even gonna make a bowl game?

They're 2-3 now. Up next: @ ND, GT, @ UVA. I see 3 more losses there.

Hell, Some of the so called experts thought they could run the table with their easy schedule and possibly be a dark horse playoff contender. Just goes to show they don't know anymore than us hooplans.