• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller investigated by FWC

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing seems grossly overblown to me. Of course, I come with serious bias.

Wouldn't the skipper of the boat be the one to know the rules of the sea? Von Miller might know how to juke a right tackle but should we expect him to know the rules of fishing in open waters? The shark seemed to swim off in the video and for all we know, is now hanging out with his other fin brothers and swapping stories.

Is this really a big deal? Me thinks not. Beat your wife up or take a picture with a fish. They don't seem even close to being in the same orbit when it comes to NFL discipline.

Shark-tastic!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing seems grossly overblown to me. Of course, I come with serious bias.

Wouldn't the skipper of the boat be the one to know the rules of the sea? Von Miller might know how to juke a right tackle but should we expect him to know the rules of fishing in open waters? The shark seemed to swim off in the video and for all we know, is now hanging out with his other fin brothers and swapping stories.

Is this really a big deal? Me thinks not. Beat your wife up or take a picture with a fish. They don't seem even close to being in the same orbit when it comes to NFL discipline.

Shark-tastic!

I say we round up all them fucking Broncos fans, maybe lasso the fuck out of them, then maybe heat up some shaped pig iron and brand their asses. Then release them.

Would that really be a big deal? Pictures would of course be allowed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Is this really a big deal?

Hell yeah it's a big deal! I didn't even realize Von Miller was traded to the Jets.

tenor.gif

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no big game hunting is just fucking stupid imo!!! I will admit I love eating meat but I wouldn't be able to kill it
I hunt. I've been hunting since I was old enough to walk. Come from a long line of hunters that go back to mid-1700s in America. We've always been subsistence hunters, never trophy hunters.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for someone who knows what they are talking about to chime in here. In many jurisdictions in North America the Fish and Game folks have unbelievable power. They can seize your boat, gear and your truck and basically your life with fines and prison terms for taking small fish out of season. If these Hammerheads are classified as endangered or off limits or out of season he could be fucked. Those guys can and will fuck your shit up.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we round up all them fucking Broncos fans, maybe lasso the fuck out of them, then maybe heat up some shaped pig iron and brand their asses. Then release them.

Would that really be a big deal? Pictures would of course be allowed.

Nope, not a big deal either.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only posted this story to make the comment about McElwain

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it's illegal to even bring them on a boat even if you do throw them back.

Bingo. Odds are if that shark was docile enough to take a picture with Miller holding him up like a trophy, he was already out of the water too long.

The catch to that is going to be if the boat captain states, the shark was hooked in such a way that the only way to cut it loose and not have the rig kill it was to bring it on board. So reality is, as long as Miller isnt posing and posting on instragram chowing on some fresh Hammer Head steaks, this will go no where. Cause no boat jockey in his right mind is gonig to fess to pulling that fish out of the water with no good reason. At the end of the day, Miller might get a fine for pulling the fish, the boat captain would lose his license, boat, and eat the bigger fine.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction would be Oh? Good!

I don't understand "big game" hunting or fishing.

I sort of understand hunting or fishing to eat. Not that I do either. I prefer my meat battery raised and bludgeoned to death (out of my sight).

My boss has several deer "racks" mounted around our office, and one huge elk. He ate all those.

The one that bugs my ass is a huge fucking grizzly bear head in our coffee room.

That poor fucker was killed for sport.

Maybe, but you cant assume he didnt also clean and eat it. I have had Bear once... aint half bad. A little tuff, but any thing is good if you smoke it long enough.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look it up but up here in Massachusetts you can take a hammerhead a day as long as it is 6' or larger.
There were yearly shark tournaments until the PC crowd ended them a couple years ago.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark-tastic!

The charter boat captain should have said something.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hunt. I've been hunting since I was old enough to walk. Come from a long line of hunters that go back to mid-1700s in America. We've always been subsistence hunters, never trophy hunters.

and that's fine... I could never do it but I get what you guys and others do but to just go to an exotic location to hunt a lion or something like that just to take a picture with it then that's where I have the problem

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's fine... I could never do it but I get what you guys and others do but to just go to an exotic location to hunt a lion or something like that just to take a picture with it then that's where I have the problem

Not that I'm ever going to get there, but I'd like to roll around in that Tiger Temple where a bunch of milk fed and cooked meat only eating tigers reside. I wouldn't even care about pictures, but nuzzling a tiger tummy with my face would be a memory forever.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the type if hunting you are talking about is trophy hunting. We don't do that. There is no honor in that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was starving, maybe.

Heck I'd eat worms and insects then.

But not until.

Full disclosure, I had bear after spending three months in the field. Platoon Sargent was an avid hunter, and decided he would treat us when we got back. So Bear, wild boar and a few other things were on he table.

After three months of MRE's and hot plate goulash, That Bear was damn near the tastiest thing I had had in my life to that point. :D

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure, I had bear after spending three months in the field. Platoon Sargent was an avid hunter, and decided he would treat us when we got back. So Bear, wild boar and a few other things were on he table.

After three months of MRE's and hot plate goulash, That Bear was damn near the tastiest thing I had had in my life to that point. :D

thankfully, never been in the field and my platoon sergeant is my ball and chain. She'd never make me eat bear....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the type if hunting you are talking about is trophy hunting. We don't do that. There is no honor in that.

absolutely NO honor in it and anyone who does that should get the Hunger Game treatment imo