• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Volbound1700 Conference Predictions

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went through an reviewed the leagues as a hobby and made projects. I will be posting them in here daily. I will start with the toughest league to predict (well Pac12 South was tough as well), the ACC.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... technical issues. I can't post tables and formatting in this forum. I am downloading snippet to get an image since all of my data is in Excel.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-8-11_9-58-10.png

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-8-11_9-58-24.png

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see W = For sure win; L = For sure Loss, T = Toss-up game. If the T is bolded, it indicates that I am projected the Toss-up to be a win in my final full record on the right.

Here are the Notes for the ACC:

Neutral Sites:
Alabama vs. Louisville Orlando, FL
LSU vs. Miami Arlington, TX
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse Bronx, NY

Championship Game:
Clemson vs. Virginia Tech

Surprise Team:
Virginia Tech

Toughest Schedule:
Pittsburgh

Easiest Schedule:
Virginia Tech with callout to Miami

Bowl Teams: 10
Clemson
Virginia Tech
Miami
Florida State
Louisville
NC State
Georgia Tech
Pittsburgh
Boston College
Duke

Note: This league was hard to pick the middle. Duke, Boston College, Syracuse, and Wake Forest could all make or not make bowl games based on match-ups with each other.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Comments:

Boston College:
BC makes a bowl game by a slim margin counting on upset victories over Louisville and Wake Forest but these games could easily go the other way. Getting to 6 wins would be a good season.

Clemson:
Expect Clemson to be a force again. There is a sizeable gap between this team and the rest of the league. Road games at Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, and Florida State are potential trap games.

Duke:
Home games against North Carolina and Wake Forest will decide Duke's bowl fate.
I am favoring Duke now but I can see it going the other way.

Florida State:
A lot of uncertainty about this team. They can play with nearly everyone but are not a safe bet to consider them fully back, especially with a new coach. As a result, 8 toss-up games are listed.

Georgia Tech:
Georgia Tech is trendy sleeper pick but their tough schedule will likely prevent much progress. Making a bowl game will be an accomplishment.

Louisville:
Louisville will be down this year but expect a hot start after the Alabama game based on their home schedule. ACC Atlantic (after Clemson) is wide open and Louisville can finish as high as second.

Miami:
Miami is a popular pick to meet Clemson in the title game. The schedule is favorably but back to back trips to Georgia Tech and Blacksburg has the potential to derail their title run.

North Carolina:
North Carolina will struggle to even match their win total from last year. The opening part of this schedule is absolutely brutal.

NC State:
Expect a fast start. Anything short of 6-0 would be a dissappointment. However, this team will struggle in the last half of their schedule.

Pittsburgh:
Brutal non-conference schedule may wear this team out and will likely keep them from competing for the division. Scheduler should be fired. (The game @ UCF makes no sense).

Syracuse:
I would be surprised if Syracuse made a bowl game. Good team but the schedule is not favorable.

Virginia:
This is a make or break year for Virginia. I expect it to be a break year unfortunately.

Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech has a favorable schedule, especially if they can win in Tallahasse. The meat of their schedule is towards the back end with the game @ Pittsburgh and home game against Miami

Wake Forest:
The season-end matchup with Duke looms large as both could be battling for a bowl spot. I have Duke winning, barely.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a new hobby

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a wager on North Carolina to go under 5.5 wins this season.......They are just a bad team right now on both sides of the ball.

I think Louisville will surprise some people this year........They have another stud QB in Jawon Pass.......I think their defense will be improved..

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the full Excel Spreadsheet with all 5 leagues
If I sent you a self-addressed, stamped envelope, would you
just mail this to me.

LOL yeah this message board isn't well equipment for neat looking tables. I design it like data sheets at work that can be plugged into PowerPoints. (I do a lot of presentations). Didn't work out so well on here. I will try to post others but need to do Snippets.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G Predictions... First half:

upload_2018-8-11_17-9-55.png

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral Sites:
Texas vs. Maryland Landover, Maryland
Ohio State vs. TCU Arlington, TX
Illinois vs. USF Chicago, IL

Championship Game:

Penn State vs. Wisconsin

Surprise Team:
Purdue

Toughest Schedule:
Northwestern with call-outs for Maryland and
Rutgers

Easiest Schedule:
Iowa and Wisconsin (tie) with call-out to Penn State

Bowl Teams: 8
Penn State
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Michigan
Iowa
Purdue
Minnesota
Ohio State

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes:

Illinois:
Illinois looks like a team that will struggle. I don't see them doing better than 4-8.

Indiana:

Tough schedule may keep them from a bowl game. A lot of toss-ups on this schedule.

Iowa:
Season will come down to the Week 4 matchup with Wisconsin, win that game and the road game at Purdue and Iowa is looking at a trip to the B1G Championship.

Maryland:

Brutal OOC will keep Maryland from Bowl Birth unless Maryland can win some of their toss-ups against mid/low-tier B1G teams and perhaps steal an upset.

Michigan:
Michigan is trendy pick to win B1G but schedule looks too tough. With Urban gone, this should be the year Michigan finally beats the Buckeyes.

Michigan State:
Michigan State's schedule lies up favorably if they can avoid the early trap game against Arizona State. Division may come down to that road game at Penn State.

Minnesota:
Minnesota is not good enough to feel that 6 wins will be given but I see Minnesota getting their and going to a bowl game.

Nebraska:
There is enough wins for Frost to lead the Huskers to a bowl in his first season but I am counting on an upset (Purdue at home looks likely) that keeps them home during the bowl season.

Northwestern:
Seven toss-ups is actually a credit to Northwestern who has a brutal schedule but is good enough to scare most of these teams. Making a bowl game would be an achievement.

Ohio State:
No Urban Meyer changes the complexity of this team. I expect a rough season due to the August distractions.

Penn State:
Penn State has a soft schedule. The game at Pittsburgh could be an early trap but once they get past that, they should roll until Michigan State which may likely decide the division.

Purdue:
Purdue has the most toss-ups of anyone. I also have them winning most of these toss-ups including some upets. Great chance for 4-0 start with the early 4 game home streak.

Rutgers:

Rutgers will struggle to avoid the B1G basement. The back half which is brutal. Early matchup with Kansas could be tricky.

Wisconsin:
An undefeated schedule is possibly once again. Road games with Michigan and Penn State loom large. The home match-up in week 4 against Iowa will likely decide the division.