• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Hoops vs DA U 2/9 9pm; BC 2/12 6pm; FSU 7pm

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't UVA on the bubble? Who have they beat besides Michigan that is any good? Last years VT team had a head and shoulders better resume.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are ice cold now. no points in around 7 minutes. as i type this barksdale hits a bucket.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are being way too careless with the ball near the half court line. 6 steals by clemson leading to easy layups.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game to watch all around; like watching an intramural game with ultra-athletic players :L

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game to watch all around; like watching an intramural game with ultra-athletic players :L

That's VT basketball for ya! By the way, Greenberg, how about you go for a 2 for 1. It's where, time permitting, you try and score quickly so that you get another shot right at the end of the half. Eh who am I kidding, he's never heard of it.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going through Green's mind when he single handedly dribbles around for 20 seconds without passing the ball off, only to throw up a prayer shot?

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh Jarell can always be counted on for multiple bad passes every game

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add another loss on the final possession to the ole resume.

:burt:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
par for the course. VT loses at the end of the game due to some bad turnovers plus poor free throw shooting.

again, robert brown just doesnt impress me. way too loose with the ball. erick green failed to reach 10 points tonight for the first time in a long long time.

in the end, what cost us this game was ballhandling. clemson had 13 steals which lead to a ton of easy baskets. we blew this one, and its no surprise to anyone.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14497554.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! Good one.

The way we finish games has just gotten comical. You could tape an announcer calling one of our games and his commentary would fit every game regardless of our opponent.

Why isn't UVA on the bubble? Who have they beat besides Michigan that is any good? Last years VT team had a head and shoulders better resume.

They should be now. Check Joey Brackets next update. If they aren't, then they definitely will be if they blow their first ACC tourny game. Although...they could be helped out because this year's field is really really weak. Outside of maybe the top 10 to 12 teams, everyone else is sort of the same.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, we are definitely on it now. The bubble for the field is really weak, so if today was selection Sunday, then I think we would be in. Right now, I think our saving grace would be how close we have been in almost all of our losses. We have actually beat some decent teams such as Michigan (RPI 17), Oregon (RPI 48), Miami (RPI 51) and NC State (RPI 60). Our worst losses RPI wise are to Clemson (RPI 142), Virginia Tech (RPI 104) and TCU (RPI 96), which we all know are not bad teams at all. Our other 5 losses have come to teams with an RPI of 28 or better. Even if we make the dance at this point, I do not see us going very far, as injuries have really took their toll the last few games. Malcolm Brogdon is now done for the year, and judging by how bad Sene was limping last night for the Senior festivities, he won't be playing again. This is on top of Joe Harris playing with a broke hand.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Every game is pretty much the same now. In what universe does a team play Duke well to OT in CIS, but end up in the exact same situation against Georgia Tech at home? That's the complete polar opposite scenarios in the ACC, and its nearly the same result. It's no fluke. We've done these weird play-to-opponent games for years, but it's just amazingly obvious this season.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh Jarell can always be counted on for multiple bad passes every game

Eddie gives up a few, but the last few games i've been noticing that Rankin tosses out the laziest passes i've ever seen. I think he personally accounted for at least 4 or 5 turnovers last night

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, we are definitely on it now. The bubble for the field is really weak, so if today was selection Sunday, then I think we would be in. Right now, I think our saving grace would be how close we have been in almost all of our losses. We have actually beat some decent teams such as Michigan (RPI 17), Oregon (RPI 48), Miami (RPI 51) and NC State (RPI 60). Our worst losses RPI wise are to Clemson (RPI 142), Virginia Tech (RPI 104) and TCU (RPI 96), which we all know are not bad teams at all. Our other 5 losses have come to teams with an RPI of 28 or better. Even if we make the dance at this point, I do not see us going very far, as injuries have really took their toll the last few games. Malcolm Brogdon is now done for the year, and judging by how bad Sene was limping last night for the Senior festivities, he won't be playing again. This is on top of Joe Harris playing with a broke hand.

well shit, i guess VT is getting in then too! :D

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game is pretty much the same now. In what universe does a team play Duke well to OT in CIS, but end up in the exact same situation against Georgia Tech at home? That's the complete polar opposite scenarios in the ACC, and its nearly the same result. It's no fluke. We've done these weird play-to-opponent games for years, but it's just amazingly obvious this season.

Yes. Those are my thoughts exactly.

We've lost some incredibly easy games under Greenberg but we also have our best record vs. top-5 opponents than under any other coach. We always let the opponent dictate the game to us.

And we also can't finish and win those close games unless we hit a prayer shot (see Hudson vs. GT this season).