• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. I see. Those with "foozball syndrome" are getting dealt with accordingly. Good for 247. Losing a few subscriptions in the grand scheme of things is no huge deal if it makes the board a better place to be. No one wants to weed through that garbage, certainly not on a pay site.

I don't think some of these people realize that recruits and parents read these boards. While it may not necessarily influence a decision, it certainly doesn't make the fanbase look very good.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is the thing. If they let some of those ass-hats continue to bitch and moan in every freaking thread you will lose good subs (like yourself) because the board becomes so muddled, it is almost not worth it (though I think the articles are awesome as well) and those guys don't want that.

If they let it just be run and gun, they lose some subs. If they clean it up, they lose some subs. They (I would guess) would much rather lose the chicken little tools than good subs like y'all.

I use the ignore button a lot. I love the site and I think that all of the staff are the best in the biz. I just skim some threads for specific names though nowdays.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UVA has hired Mike Archer as a defensive assistant coach....

:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
National Signing Day: Cavs' Mike London looks beyond high school coaches to cultivate Virginia Beach pipeline - The Washington Post

"Coaches from both the 757 Sports Academy and the Virginia Thoroughbreds said they have a minimal role in recruiting, not wanting to overstep their players’ parents or high school coaches. But London and Virginia assistant Chip West exchanged at least 420 calls with Snead on their school-issued cellphones from August 2012 to August 2013, according to documents obtained through an open-records request."

:what:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National Signing Day: Cavs' Mike London looks beyond high school coaches to cultivate Virginia Beach pipeline - The Washington Post

"Coaches from both the 757 Sports Academy and the Virginia Thoroughbreds said they have a minimal role in recruiting, not wanting to overstep their players’ parents or high school coaches. But London and Virginia assistant Chip West exchanged at least 420 calls with Snead on their school-issued cellphones from August 2012 to August 2013, according to documents obtained through an open-records request."

:what:

Well damn, now the identity of the godfather is no longer a secret.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting artcile, but nothing we didn't already know.

I wonder what the 757SA/'Breds relationship will be like with T OBrien when he is running the show.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the article:
Carson Cutler said the programs’ coaches were once on good terms with the Hokies and former offensive line coach Curt Newsome, but the relationship deteriorated when assistant coach Bryan Stinespring, who had previously recruited the Tidewater area for Virginia Tech, returned to the region in 2011.

Stinespring “came in here all cocky,” Cutler said. “When Newsome wasn’t getting the guys that they felt they should get, Bryan basically came in and said: ‘This used to be my area. He don’t know how to work it.’ Basically threw him under the bus.”

well, did Newsome know how to work it? Doesn't appear so... But I seriously doubt that Stinespring quote is accurate. Coming from someone who hates VT, this just sounds like sour grapes and spin.

I hope this article doesn't get that whole 757SA/Thoroughbreds debate going again. Been there, done that. Unless there's solid new info... And the only useful thing I recall reading there in that regard was the number of calls being made.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, no need to go there again. But with West gone and London likely not to far behind. I will be interested to see which the direction these recruits are steered once the transition is complete. It likely won't be VT... and that is unfortunate considering only a few of those kids (from year to year) will get very serious looks from out of state schools.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, no need to go there again. But with West gone and London likely not to far behind. I will be interested to see which the direction these recruits are steered once the transition is complete. It likely won't be VT... and that is unfortunate considering only a few of those kids (from year to year) will get very serious looks from out of state schools.

Where did West go?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did West go?

My fault...I thought he went with Franklin to PSU??? :noidea:

Either way.. do you see VA continuing to be this successful in 757 if West and London are canned here in a year or two?? Assuming Tom O'Brien and Tenuta are running things??

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would think as long as Cutler is there this trend would continue.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault...I thought he went with Franklin to PSU??? :noidea:

Either way.. do you see VA continuing to be this successful in 757 if West and London are canned here in a year or two?? Assuming Tom O'Brien and Tenuta are running things??

Wouldn't surprise me to see the whole staff terminated once London is canned.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me to see the whole staff terminated once London is canned.

A fresh start ... yes, if I was a fan, that is what I would be wanting. Players may not respond too well to the man being replaced with someone already on staff. I'm not sure long term, that keeping TOB would be a good thing and would excite the fanbase (and future players).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that's great stuff. and written by a hoo....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great turnout for the UVA spring game.

BlCZTX5IMAEdPMG.jpg:large

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

They even played their lacrosse game vs. Duke last night so they can't use that excuse this year.