• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2015 Recruiting Target List

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals is also reporting 2015 offers for Matthew Burrell (OT from Chancellor High, same school as 2014 OT Steven Moss) and Kevin Toliver II (CB from Trinity Christian in Florida, along with 2014 WR Isaiah Ford and 2015 LB Jeffery Holland). Looks like Toliver has already committed to LSU.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaason Lewis to UNC.

:wtf:

Not sure how I should feel. Part of me is mad that we couldn't get him, but the other side of me is like "well, at least UVA didn't get him". Didn't everyone think he was a UVA lean since he's friends with all the thoroughbreds?

All I have to say is whether we get him or not, there is a LONG time until he signs his LOI.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was very high on us but I think he was destined to go OOS. I also think he will at least back off the commit at least once before SD.

I agree. He said about 6 months ago on his twitter that he would be glad when he got to move out of Virginia. He made it sound like he just wanted to leave no matter what. I haven't paid him any attention since.

JP to VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparenltly UNC said no thanks to Jaason Lewis even though he held an offer from them. Weird. :wtf2:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparenltly UNC said no thanks to Jaason Lewis even though he held an offer from them. Weird. :wtf2:

UNC might have just killed any momentum they had started to gain in the 757. :lol:

Sounds like Lewis committed to UNC, went to bed, and then woke up to this news. UNC has really scewed the pooch here!!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2:

Why would UNC do this, especially this early in the recruiting year? Does Lewis have some kind of legal issues or something that UNC wants no part of? The good news for Lewis is that UVA will always welcome him with open arms.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Lewis that was temporarily suspended by OL for some problems the coaching staff had with him (a little bit of mouth and attitude)...or do I have that mistaken as someone else...

I believe there were some "supposed" character issues with him. I doubt he will be a Hokie. He will probably be the best player in Va next year and a concensus 4-5 star player. He has SEC written all over him...

EDIT: Found it. I forgot this thread wasn't the '14 one (only 5 pages), Here is the exchange from page 2

Sounds like Jason Lewis won't be playing this year, at least at OL. Had a "disagreement" with the coach.

Some tweets of interest:

Jaason ‏@J_Lew10
I got kicked off football team lol. Shit oh well . Never gonna let a coach disrespect me and not say anything back

Jaason ‏@J_Lew10
& to all the OL players who talking shit behind my back. All y'all can suck my dick .

Jaason ‏@J_Lew10
"@jermadams: @J_Lew10 u gotta play somewhere bro!!" Don't worry I got a place in mind

D_Nnadi ‏@DerrickNnadi
@J_Lew10 clearly u got kicked off cuz u didnt work hard enough & u were talking back, its ur own fault. Stop being so damn cocky

1m Jaason ‏@J_Lew10
@DerrickNnadi its called not letting someone disrespect you so I'm not gonna let them talk to me any kind of way

I don't want to pass judgment on the guy because he is young. But.....hopefully he has matured some since last August. If he can get his attitude together, would love to have him. Will be a STUD...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it Lewis that was temporarily suspended by OL for some problems the coaching staff had with him (a little bit of mouth and attitude)...or do I have that mistaken as someone else...

I believe there were some "supposed" character issues with him. I doubt he will be a Hokie. He will probably be the best player in Va next year and a concensus 4-5 star player. He has SEC written all over him...

EDIT: Found it. I forgot this thread wasn't the '14 one (only 5 pages), Here is the exchange from page 2

I don't want to pass judgment on the guy because he is young. But.....hopefully he has matured some since last August. If he can get his attitude together, would love to have him. Will be a STUD...

Lewis certainly needs an attitude adjustment....what HS is he attending next season? Also, you have to appreciate the tweet from Nnadi....we need to get this guy.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Woooww.... epic mishandling by UNC. Kamara also tweeted that UNC "did him dirty."

Jason Lewis is the wrong player to mishandle a situation with.... he isn't afraid to put a school on blast in public.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told UNC just basically told him to chill and see other schools before he committed because it was too early. It seems to have come across a bit differently though. I still think he heads OOS.

How does any school turn down a commit what is almost a 5 Star lock?

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holmes has chimed in now...

"Jalyn Holmes #⃣1⃣1⃣

Unc dirty ! That's a sign rite now"

and retweeting someone else that said "UNC has a lot of repair work to do in the #757."

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told UNC just basically told him to chill and see other schools before he committed because it was too early. It seems to have come across a bit differently though. I still think he heads OOS.

I think so too, and I think it is a very fair chance (as you said) that he backed off of that commit at least once. It is a bit too early...but..still. How do you turn him down??

Damage control time for Fedora. UNCheat is gettiin hated on by the 757 boys..

I kinda like it to be honest..:laugh3:

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think so too, and I think it is a very fair chance (as you said) that he backed off of that commit at least once. It is a bit too early...but..still. How do you turn him down??

Damage control time for Fedora. UNCheat is gettiin hated on by the 757 boys..

I kinda like it to be honest..:laugh3:

Exactly. Even if you do think it's early, you don't spurn him the second he commits. This was just handled extremely poorly in every sense.

Yettttt it's so fun to watch. When Lewis committed everyone was saying how much of a force UNC is becoming in VA.... how quickly things can change.

This could be as detrimental to UNC as the Vic Hall situation was for UVA, except in a much riper part of the state.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The InsideCarolina spin:

Lewis announced his commitment before speaking with the UNC staff.
Even though he had a "commitable" offer, UNC has a policy of not
accepting a commitment unless (among other things) both Fedora and
the high school coach have signed off. Because most commitments
are expected, or at least reasonably anticipated, these signoffs are
typically done in advance. However, Lewis' commitment was totally out
of the blue, and because he's just a sophomore, his age makes it even
more important that the staff be certain he knows what he's doing and
that his coach is on board. When he called his primary recruiter, Randy
Jordan, Jordan was shocked and told him "great, but I need to clear this
before we can accept it" (in so many words). It's not clear exactly what
was "said" and "heard," but Lewis obviously didn't like it. There have
been further conversations that have smoothed things over, but one
thing that has come out of it is that his coach wants him to take his
time and wait---which is what you would expect from the coach of a 15
year-old kid. I guess some schools might have just accepted the
commitment enthusiastically and then cleaned up the details later,
although in this case doing so might have upset the coach.