• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2017 Schedule

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate opening MNF and I hate Playing on Thanksgiving

Week 1 | Monday, Sept. 11 | vs. New Orleans Saints | 6:10 PM | ESPN

Week 2 | Sunday, Sept. 17 | at Pittsburgh Steelers | Noon | FOX

Week 3 | Sunday, Sept 24 | vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers | Noon | FOX

Week 4 | Sunday, Oct. 1 | vs. Detroit Lions | Noon | FOX

Week 5 | Monday, Oct. 9 | at Chicago Bears | 7:30 PM | ESPN

Week 6 | Sunday, Oct. 15 | vs. Green Bay Packers | Noon* | FOX

Week 7 | Sunday, Oct. 22 | vs. Baltimore Ravens | Noon* | CBS

Week 8 | Sunday, Oct. 29 | at Cleveland Browns (London) | 8:30 AM | NFLN

Week 9 | BYE WEEK

Week 10 | Sunday, Nov. 12 | at Washington Redskins | Noon* | FOX

Week 11 | Sunday, Nov. 19 | vs. Los Angeles Rams | Noon* | FOX

Week 12 | Thursday, Nov. 23 | at Detroit Lions | 11:30 AM | FOX

Week 13 | Sunday, Dec. 3 | at Atlanta Falcons | Noon* | FOX

Week 14 | Sunday, Dec. 10 | at Carolina Panthers | Noon* | CBS

Week 15 | Sunday, Dec. 17 | vs. Cincinnati Bengals | Noon* | CBS

Week 16 | Saturday, Dec. 23 | at Green Bay Packers | 7:30 PM | NBC

Week 17 | Sunday, Dec. 31 | vs. Chicago Bears | Noon* | FOX

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-21_7-37-10.png
    upload_2017-4-21_7-37-10.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 1
    3 KB · Views: 1
    3.1 KB · Views: 1

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another.500 season...or worse?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sort of depends. The defense tailed off at season end, if the defense can be the defense of early season and our O line not be horrendous, we can be pretty solid

But we'll see

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Thanksgiving, even when the Lions suck they play well on turkey day but I like opening on Monday night, if we are gonna do anything this year let's show the entire league the first week!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the defense is as good as it should be and we get any kind of running game from Murray and like Pinky said if the O-line is any good at all I think we got a shot, Treadwell needs to step up big this year!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to say how well this team will do in 2017. I don't see them getting significantly worse. In terms of talent, their ceiling could be as high as 12-4 if they can just keep their act together for the entire season, instead of the team deciding to give up and mail it in halfway through. I'd put their floor at 7-9. If they want a chance to make the playoffs, let alone the division title, they need to sweep at least either Chicago or Detroit, plus splitting with Green Bay and one of either Chicago or Detroit. They really can't afford to get swept by any of the three. If GB sweeps them, the Vikes will need to sweep both of the other two to make up for it, and that will be very hard to do with the game in Detroit being on turkey day.

This season will be very telling about Zimmer as a Head Coach. There were so many adversities last season that he deserves a pass for things going south, but that needs to improve this year in my opinion. The instances of Norv Turner quitting when the team started losing, the defense clearly losing a lot their ambition after the loss to Philly, and some of the defensive backs deciding to ignore Zim's game plan in the second Green Bay game are cause for concern. Again, I'm willing to give Zimmer a pass for 2016 due to the team's numerous adversities - Bridgewater going down, AP getting hurt in game 2, numerous injuries to an O-line that started the season as below average, other injuries like Harrison Smith and Sharrif Floyd, Turner quitting, and Zim's eye problems, etc. There's no question that those issues were a lot to overcome. Those things in mind, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if Zim can't get them back to 10-6 or better and contending for at least a wildcard spot in the playoffs. It's getting tough to keep seeing this team do nothing real significant since 2009, with the closest they've come to that success since is two disappointing 1-and-dones.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 11 games where they should be the favorite. I think I am higher on the Vikings than most, but when I look at the team, I see a stong defense and a good young QB. Just don't let Teddy tear his knee up again and they will fight for the North.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 11 games where they should be the favorite. I think I am higher on the Vikings than most, but when I look at the team, I see a stong defense and a good young QB. Just don't let Teddy tear his knee up again and they will fight for the North.

I don't think we should expect Teddy to play in 2017.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's already a foregone conclusion that Teddy will not be ready for the start of the 2017 season, based even just strictly on his injury. Bradford has also secured the starting spot regardless. The only way Teddy makes it back for 2017 is if his recovery process progresses better than can currently be expected prior to the preseason, and the Vikings naming him Bradford's backup.

Most likely, Teddy won't be back before the 2018 season. Thus, one of two things will happen: 1) Bradford will perform well enough/stay healthy enough that he is given a long-term deal to secure the starting QB spot, making Teddy either trade or backup material for the Vikings going forward, or 2) Bradford performs too poorly/doesn't stay healthy enough to earn a long-term deal, and the Vikings give Teddy another shot in 2018 while letting Bradford walk.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's already a foregone conclusion that Teddy will not be ready for the start of the 2017 season, based even just strictly on his injury. Bradford has also secured the starting spot regardless. The only way Teddy makes it back for 2017 is if his recovery process progresses better than can currently be expected prior to the preseason, and the Vikings naming him Bradford's backup.

Most likely, Teddy won't be back before the 2018 season. Thus, one of two things will happen: 1) Bradford will perform well enough/stay healthy enough that he is given a long-term deal to secure the starting QB spot, making Teddy either trade or backup material for the Vikings going forward, or 2) Bradford performs too poorly/doesn't stay healthy enough to earn a long-term deal, and the Vikings give Teddy another shot in 2018 while letting Bradford walk.
Well. . .Crap. I take back everything I said. You guys are screwed.
You still have a good D though. Maybe that'll carry you to some wins

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. . .Crap. I take back everything I said. You guys are screwed.
You still have a good D though. Maybe that'll carry you to some wins

I don't think there's much difference between the two QBs.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's much difference between the two QBs.
It is reasonable to believe Teddy has not reached his ceiling, but we know that Bradford is not good enough to take a team far.

Also, I like Teddy. Any grown man willing to be known as "Teddy" is completely secure.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is reasonable to believe Teddy has not reached his ceiling, but we know that Bradford is not good enough to take a team far.

Also, I like Teddy. Any grown man willing to be known as "Teddy" is completely secure.

I think he plans on trying out for the next Olympics.

d050cb4cb36c613e5c77641947f2fb92.gif

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh. There's no guarantees that Teddy will be the same QB when he comes back, either. His mobility will almost certainly be significantly hindered for the remainder of his career after a knee injury as serious as the one he endured. He was showing promise in the preseason in his development, but he's probably going to need to develop his pocket presence even more so than he did pre-injury to reach his potential ceiling. Of course, I truly hope the best for the guy in his recovery and return to playing football when that happens.

The 2016 Vikings were probably the best team Bradford has ever gotten to play on to this point in his career, especially pre-AP and various offensive line injuries. He's at least earned the opportunity to see what he can do with a little more consistent help around him. He's not going to single handedly take a team to the playoffs like an Aaron Rodgers type. But, I wouldn't rule out his chances of success in the playoffs, or even a title in the right situation. We'll see.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. There's no guarantees that Teddy will be the same QB when he comes back, either. His mobility will almost certainly be significantly hindered for the remainder of his career after a knee injury as serious as the one he endured. He was showing promise in the preseason in his development, but he's probably going to need to develop his pocket presence even more so than he did pre-injury to reach his potential ceiling. Of course, I truly hope the best for the guy in his recovery and return to playing football when that happens.

The 2016 Vikings were probably the best team Bradford has ever gotten to play on to this point in his career, especially pre-AP and various offensive line injuries. He's at least earned the opportunity to see what he can do with a little more consistent help around him. He's not going to single handedly take a team to the playoffs like an Aaron Rodgers type. But, I wouldn't rule out his chances of success in the playoffs, or even a title in the right situation. We'll see.

I agree with every word...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 : Saints = Win
Week 2 : @ Steelers = Loss
Week 3 : Bucs = Win
Week 4 : Lions = Win
Week 5 : @ Bears = Loss
Week 6 : Packers = Win
Week 7 : Ravens = Win
Week 8 : Browns - Win
Week 10 : @ Redskins = Loss
Week 11 : @ Lions = Loss
Week 12 : Rams = Win
Week 13 : @ Falcons = Loss
Week 14 : @ Panthers = Win
Week 15 : Bengals = Loss
Week 16 : @ Packers = Loss
Week 17 : Bears = Win

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 : Saints = Win
Week 2 : @ Steelers = Loss
Week 3 : Bucs = Win
Week 4 : Lions = Win
Week 5 : @ Bears = Loss
Week 6 : Packers = Win
Week 7 : Ravens = Win
Week 8 : Browns - Win
Week 10 : @ Redskins = Loss
Week 11 : @ Lions = Loss
Week 12 : Rams = Win
Week 13 : @ Falcons = Loss
Week 14 : @ Panthers = Win
Week 15 : Bengals = Loss
Week 16 : @ Packers = Loss
Week 17 : Bears = Win

9-7... brutally realistic, albeit very disappointing if that's as well as they actually end up doing. I take back every comment I've ever made accusing you of homerism, you're clearly a realistic Vikings fan all too accustomed to disappointing seasons throughout the years, lol. Cheers.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-7... brutally realistic, albeit very disappointing if that's as well as they actually end up doing. I take back every comment I've ever made accusing you of homerism, you're clearly a realistic Vikings fan all too accustomed to disappointing seasons throughout the years, lol. Cheers.

More than 40 years of pain and suffering my friend!