• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 3.0

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't happy about them letting Jarius Wright go, but it looks like they've probably upgraded the position slightly in the end by signing Kendall Wright now. Same height, age, surname and everything, go figure. He's had significantly more production than Jarius did over the years, granted I think Jarius was used poorly in Zimmer's systems. Whatever the case may be, I just hope they don't purposely neglect to utilize Kendall in the slot if Treadwell continues to struggle, which hamstrung the offense more than it should have last season.

Former Bears WR Kendall Wright signs with Vikings

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new banner!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a new banner!

Agreed. But which players should be on the new banner?

My vote would probably go to Cousins (when he has a pic in uniform), Thielen, and Harrison Smith. Diggs and Rhodes would be good choices too.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith, Griffen, Rhodes, Thielen

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timberwolves to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years, and the first time EVER without Kevin Garnett on the team. They'll obviously get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs and be lucky to win a single game. That said, it's still nice to see them finally do something of relevance for a change.

The only downside I see to it is that this means Thibodeau is guaranteed to be back, and I don't think he's been the greatest coach for developing Wiggins/KAT, not to mention his habit of running his players into the ground. Then again, he's the only one who has ever done anything with this team sans Garnett carrying them on his back.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timberwolves to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years, and the first time EVER without Kevin Garnett on the team. They'll obviously get destroyed in the first round of the playoffs and be lucky to win a single game. That said, it's still nice to see them finally do something of relevance for a change.

The only downside I see to it is that this means Thibodeau is guaranteed to be back, and I don't think he's been the greatest coach for developing Wiggins/KAT, not to mention his habit of running his players into the ground. Then again, he's the only one who has ever done anything with this team sans Garnett carrying them on his back.

:scratch:

<looks up at the subforum>

Uhhhh... this is the Vikings page.... :lol: You lost?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

<looks up at the subforum>

Uhhhh... this is the Vikings page.... :lol: You lost?

Meh, it's the off season and there's not much to talk about until the draft in terms of the NFL. I posted on the Timerbwolves subforum too, but that place gets almost zero traffic, so I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in it here.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it's the off season and there's not much to talk about until the draft in terms of the NFL. I posted on the Timerbwolves subforum too, but that place gets almost zero traffic, so I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in it here.

I CHECK IT DAILY! :heh: If someone posts, I'll acknowledge it... :lol:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings sign Kendricks to a 5-year extension

:clap:

Kendricks is the first of four Vikings players with contracts coming due in 2019 to receive an extension. Minnesota will also need to decide on extensions for linebacker Anthony Barr, wide receiver Stefon Diggs and defensive end Danielle Hunter ahead of when the three are set to become free agents after this season

Realizing cap is going to be an issue..... who walks, or rather, who do you mind not keeping?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings sign Kendricks to a 5-year extension

:clap:

Realizing cap is going to be an issue..... who walks, or rather, who do you mind not keeping?

Of the rest of the big names coming up in 2019, I'd say let Barr walk. He can be great at times, but he's too inconsistent and disappears altogether in too many games to break the bank extending him.

Diggs would be the other one to consider letting walk. I'd really like for them to be able to keep him, but he's had injury issues every season and hasn't had a 1k yard season yet. For all the potential he has, he still has yet to show that he is worth tying up top dollar for a WR.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Diggs no question is the one to let go if they have to let someone walk. Barr should be kept but at the right price.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But which players should be on the new banner?

My vote would probably go to Cousins (when he has a pic in uniform), Thielen, and Harrison Smith. Diggs and Rhodes would be good choices too.

Jims2.JPG

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Diggs no question is the one to let go if they have to let someone walk. Barr should be kept but at the right price.

Disagreed

You keep Diggs over barr

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagreed

You keep Diggs over barr

Okay, maybe you do. I'll take the three time pro bowler over the guy who averages 65 receptions 800 yards and 5 td's all day, Diggs is easier replaced... I bet the Vikes agree, easier to give up on an average player who was a 5th round pick than it is a guy who was the 9th overall pick of the draft.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, maybe you do. I'll take the three time pro bowler over the guy who averages 65 receptions 800 yards and 5 td's all day, Diggs is easier replaced... I bet the Vikes agree, easier to give up on an average player who was a 5th round pick than it is a guy who was the 9th overall pick of the draft.

Draft location should have nothing to do with it. I'm not too worried about pro-bowlers

I think Diggs will only look better with time

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft location should have nothing to do with it. I'm not too worried about pro-bowlers

I think Diggs will only look better with time

Actually draft location does have something to do with it, nobody likes to admit they made a mistake and not signing a player drafted 9th overall after his rookie deal is done means he wasn't worth investing more money into which is saying it wasn't a very good pick.

I'm not worried about pro bowls either but it shows you that he is looked at more favorably than Diggs who has never made a pro bowl.

Diggs has also never made it through an entire season, why invest money in an average player who has yet to stay healthy for a full season. Better with time? I can't think of one receiver who broke out in year four after being a starter for three years.

Barr is young and part of the #1 defense in the league, why mess with a good thing?

The only way I would keep Diggs over Barr is $$$ Barr will undoubtedly cost much more to keep.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would keep Diggs over Barr is $$$ Barr will undoubtedly cost much more to keep.

That's the thing... he may price us out of cap room.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Childress to be HC of the AAF team in Atlanta, with Michael Vick as his OC..... can't make it up. :lol:

I wish we could add soundbites here, because his "we're gonna have a kickass offense" would be perfect. :heh:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Barr over a good young WR hitting his prime in Diggs right after they made Cousins the highest paid player in NFL history with $28 million /year fully guaranteed to be their QB? Makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Barr over a good young WR hitting his prime in Diggs right after they made Cousins the highest paid player in NFL history with $28 million /year fully guaranteed to be their QB? Makes a lot of sense.

Yeah 65-800-5 WR's are impossible to find